Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227846 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next leg of tour predictions
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next leg of tour predictions  (Read 8009 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: July 15, 2017, 04:54:16 PM »

Anyone got any predictions? Set list changes, or remains the same?

I can't see any major changes coming, but I'd guess at them dropping BHS, perhaps adding something else from CD. Strange that they did TWAT on the first show of the leg, then never attempted it again. Suggests to me they might be keen to include more from CD but don't feel they can do it justice?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »

i think they will have to drop something and put something new.

they toured the entire planet with the same setlist , they cannot give people the same setlist twice now that a 2nd leg is starting.

if they do that word on the street will get out that its the exactly same show and people will buy less tickets because there is nothing new to hear/see.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »

My guess is one or two UYI-songs for the rotation. Bad Obsession and Perfect Crime maybe, or Pretty Tied Up + Crazy. Sure hope for more Chinese Democracy-songs.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »

My guess is one or two UYI-songs for the rotation. Bad Obsession and Perfect Crime maybe, or Pretty Tied Up + Crazy. Sure hope for more Chinese Democracy-songs.

I could see that happening. Yesterdays and civil war are ones that would be replaced if so.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:44 PM »

I could see them adding another cover song
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:36:31 PM »

Do you get as bored typing this as I do reading it? You have nearly 2300 posts and at least 1000 of them are related to setlists and covers.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:03:53 AM »

Just ignore him, he only wants attention.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 03:06:18 AM »

I could see that happening. Yesterdays and civil war are ones that would be replaced if so.

Doubt they take out Civil War. Rather BHS.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 05:18:04 AM »

Speculations speculations speculations.... Then then they do something completely different and you get pissed...
Aren't you getting tired of this?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 05:45:57 AM »

Speculations speculations speculations.... Then then they do something completely different and you get pissed...
Aren't you getting tired of this?

I like the speculation personally. But then I don't get pissed off when they do somwthing else! Apart from that ridiculously hyped announcement that turned out to be....extra shows added! That was annoying!

To be fair also, the thread title makes it clear it's about predictions and speculations....

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »

Honestly I will not expect anything new for them coming back to North America while they play stadiums still.....

Stage, set list, song order, will all be the same. 

What I am having my fingers crossed for is the arena portion.  And this being the bands chance to give fans something new.   Especially because I can see this arena portion being extended.  And I really don't want to think about the chances of this band touring the world again on a arena tour now, then returning to North America in an other year and having the same conversation then.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »

Do you get as bored typing this as I do reading it? You have nearly 2300 posts and at least 1000 of them are related to setlists and covers.

Since I am a betting man, I would say the odds are strongly in the favor of this band adding another cover song.

All "new" songs added to this tour have been cover songs.

Do you really think they will break out "Move to the city" or "Right next door to hell" before a cover?  Damn I could see them doing there Canadian leg of the tour and bringing a local talent up and doing one of there songs first.   If history serves us right.

But that's the remaining stadium shows. 

For the Arena shows, we will get new material and new set list order!  Fingers are crossed
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »

they toured the entire planet with the same setlist , they cannot give people the same setlist twice now that a 2nd leg is starting.

Fact is, the shows on the next (stadium) leg are all in new cities....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 06:24:47 PM »

I'm not expecting a change from what they are doing but would love to hear TWAT and Prostitute.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »

/jarmo

Don't try to confuse us with FACTS, we're speculating here!  hihi

Now I know what I wrote earlier, but going through the pictures I noticed how they wore the same outfits in more than couple of gigs so yeah, it'd make sense they were filmed.
And the Angus Young guest spots got me thinking about a new Ac/Dc thing that may be happening..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »

/jarmo

Don't try to confuse us with FACTS, we're speculating here!  hihi

Now I know what I wrote earlier, but going through the pictures I noticed how they wore the same outfits in more than couple of gigs so yeah, it'd make sense they were filmed.
And the Angus Young guest spots got me thinking about a new Ac/Dc thing that may be happening..

That's an interesting observation-hadn't spotted that. Would be madness not to get a live album out.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »

And that is exactly why nothing will change. Not sure what and why we are speculating here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:12 AM »

Few, if any, changes.

Do wonder if BHS stays in the mix after a slight layoff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 05:55:23 AM »

And that is exactly why nothing will change. Not sure what and why we are speculating here.

Nothong major, I agree, but the set did change during Europe. I'd wager perfect crime will make an appearance sooner or later.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 06:24:02 AM »

That's an interesting observation-hadn't spotted that. Would be madness not to get a live album out.

Yeah I noticed it only after the concert, looking through the tour-book (which is actually a soft cover picture book for this leg) and they wore the same cloths - Duff with the sleeveless cross and skulls shirt, Axl with a Harley shirt and probably some other stuff I've missed.

Then again, I also wear the same shirt to work every couple of days..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: