Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash speaks on split/search for new singer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash speaks on split/search for new singer  (Read 18586 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »

3rd album is the charm and they will get it right on this one!  I have a feeling. 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

You know... some unknown guy would be great now for the band... at least there were no egos going around, and problematic vocalists, and Slash and Duff could take the lead, and doing something really of their own. But on the other hand, would the "new" VR be any successful with an unknown singer? Afterall, wasn´t Scott one of the protagonists, along Slash, to bring success to VR?

Oh... there´s another thing to regard... with some unknown (or at least not that worldwide known) vocalist, wouldn´t VR be even more categorized as "the other GN´R band"?

Either ways, I´m kinda hopefull for this new project... Let´s just wait and see!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:16:46 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »

An unknown vocalist would be ideal. He/she would too grateful to pull any bullshit and slash and duff could really lead. Scott seemed way too hell bent on proving that he was doing the band a favor by joining not vise versa. An unknown singer would be eager to please the band and work hard to prove their worth a shit.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »

Dont want to sound like a dickhead but VR should just quit. slash and duff are gonna be an even more ridiculous Van halen

u go from Axl who is a 10 out of 10

to Scott who is a solid 7.5 out of 10

next guy will be a 5 out of 10 probably

imagine how bad it would be to try and be compared to axl

now u are being compared to not only Axl which is impossible but now Scott also.

If I were asked to sing for them, Id do it only for the cash cause u are gonna get fuckinflamed and bashed.  No way u could measure up to that legacy of frontmen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2008, 09:58:11 PM »

D, I have to agree with you about Axl. I think whoever becomes the lead singer will be compared to Axl, but NOT Scott weiland. Scott was good for STP b/c  of his vocal range. I think whoever becomes lead singer will be looked as better than Scott, but  will NEVER be compared to Axl. My theory is because so many people looked at the original lineup of GNR as the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin for Generation X and Y.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »

not to mention diminishing returns...no one cared about Libertad with scott...will they care about VR with a new singer?? idk..

I think its 3rd cd to finish obligations and then its done for VR
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »

Dont want to sound like a dickhead but VR should just quit. slash and duff are gonna be an even more ridiculous Van halen

u go from Axl who is a 10 out of 10

to Scott who is a solid 7.5 out of 10

next guy will be a 5 out of 10 probably

imagine how bad it would be to try and be compared to axl

now u are being compared to not only Axl which is impossible but now Scott also.

If I were asked to sing for them, Id do it only for the cash cause u are gonna get fuckinflamed and bashed.  No way u could measure up to that legacy of frontmen.

I agree that the comparisons are inevitable but thats an incredibly lame reason to call it quits. Who cares what comparisons people make? If Slash and Duff still like making music together then they should continue to do so end of story. Besides I'm sure they well know, especially since the inception of VR and particuarly Slash, the Axl and GnR questions aren't ever going to stop. Especially since it really seems Axl is lining everything up right now for CD.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »

Get real folks -  Slash & Duff needed a guy with Weiland's name to make their "project" work  .  It may not have been the greatest chemistry, but it was the right choice at the right time. To think that Velvet Revolver can be a commercial success without Weiland is a bit naive.   It's gonna take a very big name to sell people on, IMO.  Personally, I don't think they should keep the name of the band intact.  Just end it and if Slash & Duff want to continue playing together, at least grab a new singer and make it a new band.
McDuff
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2008, 01:29:06 AM »

Get real folks -  Slash & Duff needed a guy with Weiland's name to make their "project" work  .  It may not have been the greatest chemistry, but it was the right choice at the right time. To think that Velvet Revolver can be a commercial success without Weiland is a bit naive.   It's gonna take a very big name to sell people on, IMO.  Personally, I don't think they should keep the name of the band intact.  Just end it and if Slash & Duff want to continue playing together, at least grab a new singer and make it a new band.

Well that's what a lot of people said about the GN'R name,and the name is still being used,so I don't see why that VR shouldn't continue with using the VR name,anyway it'll be interesting to see who they get as the new singer. smoking
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2008, 07:47:01 AM »

Queen played a new song on the Jonathan Ross show lastnight, Brian May was great on guitar, the new song was ok, and Paul Rogers was on lead vocals. Paul Rogers is better than Brain May when it comes to vocals, that goes without saying, but Paul Rogers is no match for Freddy Murcury. Queen isn't Queen anymore.

Weren't they on Al Murray's Happy Hour last night?  With regards to Paul, I believe that that's why they call themselves Queen + Paul Rogers - they acknowledge that no-one can ever replace Freddie and do that as a mark of respect.

I had the privilege of seeing Queen when Freddie was alive and have to say that, in my opinion, he and Axl were (and still are in Axl's case) the two greatest frontmen I've ever seen.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Second Hand Smoke
Opening Act

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

smoking This guy rips a mean "You Could Be Mine" plus some cool originals www.myspace.com/georgesteckertband
guns_n_motley
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »

na, hes just more of a scott fan it seems....interesting that the break brings out true colors in the fans and which side they stand on....I do like scott in STP but I dont think he gelled with slash/duff right and the music suffered

for me VR is the slash/duff/matt project...bring on a new singer...maybe they can finally stop playing watered down mainstream rock and make something cool ok
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »

Velvet-Revolver.com Closing Down
http://www.velvet-revolver.com/index.php?p=news#n175

The unfortunate end of Velvet Revolver also means the end for this VR fansite.

As the fire slowly faded within the band over the past couple of months, you could see this web site fading like the band's reflection. With "the gang" of founding members now broken, Velvet Revolver is no more for me.

VR without Slash, Dave, Duff or Matt would not be Velvet Revolver. This band without Scott is not Velvet Revolver.

This site will not be updated anymore. The archives WILL stay up one way or another.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the site and supported it. Without your support, this site would not have been what it was during the good VR times. It was amazing while it lasted, so thank you!

Either he knows something we don't, or he needs to be updated on:
Slash speaks on split/search for new singer

No, the admin originally had and still has an STP site, as well (below empty.com).    As he stated, for him, "the band without Scott is not VR", and  "VR is no more for me".    Apparently, for him, without Scott & the original line-up, it's no longer the same and he's lost the interest in keeping the site up.  He has chosen to put more of his time in at below empty.com.   The forum remains, continues to be active, and will be updated.  
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »

na, hes just more of a scott fan it seems....interesting that the break brings out true colors in the fans and which side they stand on....

Exactly!   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »

Well that's what a lot of people said about the GN'R name,and the name is still being used,so I don't see why that VR shouldn't continue with using the VR name,anyway it'll be interesting to see who they get as the new singer. smoking
The GNR name carries a LOT more weight than Velvet Revolver.  Sure they can still use the name but they don't quite have the resume to warrant that.  That's there choice though.  I agree, Scott Weiland was a big name and seemed to be the right choice at the time.  They had very good success initially, but that seemed to die out fast as Libertad and the latest tour didn't exactly set the world on fire.  I'd have to think they'd need an established guy to front the band to return to the top.  Who knows though, as some people have mentioned the guy from Sixx A.M., he wasn't well known before that band and they've had pretty good success.  Maybe the music just needs to be better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
overmatik
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »

na, hes just more of a scott fan it seems....interesting that the break brings out true colors in the fans and which side they stand on....I do like scott in STP but I dont think he gelled with slash/duff right and the music suffered

About the site, you're right, the owner is a great STP fan, he maintains the best STP site around: www.belowempty.com. VR was Scott for him.

About the VR name, they should have keep the name Reloaded, I never like this name at all. But anyway, they have to change now, the name was Scott creation. Let's hope they won't do the same mistake as Axl did.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:02:23 PM by overmatik » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2008, 10:12:23 PM »

Now I was wondering, and I don't remember if this was mentioned before, but what bad things did Bach supposedly say about VR?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2008, 10:22:53 PM »

Now I was wondering, and I don't remember if this was mentioned before, but what bad things did Bach supposedly say about VR?

I don't think he said anything too bad, but I think he commented on being offended that slash said something about "working with him sounded too much like guns meets skid row" and he called it Skid Roses or something similar. I think all Baz said was along the lines of "Duh! I WAS the singer for Skid Row!"

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »

But anyway, they have to change now, the name was Scott creation.

I thought only the "Velvet" part was Scott's ideal. Huh

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2008, 12:25:24 AM »

But anyway, they have to change now, the name was Scott creation.

I thought only the "Velvet" part was Scott's ideal. Huh

FC, you are correct sir. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: