Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wild-Fire
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild-Fire  (Read 7328 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« on: November 17, 2006, 11:18:27 AM »

The supposed "2007" rumor has literally started a media wild-fire. Obviously they suck it up because people love to watch this band fail, no news like bad news. I think this is taking it's toll on the fan base now. I personally feel exhausted for the first time by these boards... what your take guys and gals?

Negative press = negative press = sad fans

or

Negative press = any press = good press = happy fans
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 01:39:27 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »

the first...

unless a genuine explanation is given for not having a 2006 release, then fuck Guns N' Roses

That's how i feel at the moment.

Too much waiting, to little album(s)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:22:30 AM »

If Axl screws me again, I'm done.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:23:36 AM »

I'm getting tired of this, but not by the media. I don't blame the media, negative press, or reporters for GnR's actions or lack of... Just sick of the lack of an album, especially this year by being told since January there will be one.

Album in 2006 ? ? ?= Happy me Grin
No album in 2006 = Me retiring from HTGTH

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »

and now is about the time the thread mysteriously disappears or posts get deleted  Wink
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 11:26:38 AM »

I still think that we will see the album this year, i have faith in axl, he said this year, i believe him.
Its only if the year passes by without an explanation ill be fucked off big style.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 11:38:26 AM »

Screws you, haha.  Roll Eyes

It's shit like this that gets me exhausted. You honestly think Axl is doing this for you? You think he's sitting at home or in his backstage area saying "Man, I hope BigBri isnt going to be mad at me if I end up not getting the album out this year."

He's not forcing you to be here. You're screwing yourself. Maybe you should find another hobbie or something.
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 11:40:33 AM »

Screws you, haha.? Roll Eyes

It's shit like this that gets me exhausted. You honestly think Axl is doing this for you? You think he's sitting at home or in his backstage area saying "Man, I hope BigBri isnt going to be mad at me if I end up not getting the album out this year."

He's not forcing you to be here. You're screwing yourself. Maybe you should find another hobbie or something.

He IS however, screwing the fans collectivley, which BigBri and everyone else falls under.

Axl may need another hobbie if Chinese Democracy don't hit shelves soon
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »

The supposed "2007" rumor has literally started a media wild-fire. Obviously they suck it up because people love to watch this band fail, no new like bad new. I think this is taking it's toll on the fan base now. I personally feel exhausted for the first time by these boards... what your take guys and gals?

Negative press = negative press = sad fans

or

Negative press = any press = good press = happy fans

you took the words right out of my mouth!
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 11:46:11 AM »

I'm happy the band is actually active and touring. ?We have an official Web Site, stores are selling more GNR merchandise than i've seen in forever. ?If the album doesn't come out in '06, i'll wait - I've waited this long, whats another few months. ?I have to believe that the wait is for something important, meaning promotion issues, last minute changes, legal issues etc . . . .

So be it - i'm in this thing for the long haul. ?I've seen this band 4 times this year, maybe 2 more times, and I am happier than I ever have been with this band. ?I don't feel they owe me anything, and anything they give me I feel is a bonus.

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »

Screws you, haha.  Roll Eyes

He IS however, screwing the fans collectivley, which BigBri and everyone else falls under.

Axl may need another hobbie if Chinese Democracy don't hit shelves soon

Well maybe people should stop looking at Axl like he is Jesus. Everyone follows him so religiously they just lose track of reality. People here saying that they cant go on if the record isnt released this year and all that shit. Its a fuckin cd, there are millions of bands out there to consume your time until it comes out.

I'm a huge fan of Axl, I am on this board everday, but I dont get upset like its a life altering thing if the cd wont come out. Like Axl said, you people really do need to live your lives, if its affecting you that much. Maybe you guys need to get away from the Guns N' Roses internet world for a little while, get a breath a fresh air. Cause it seems some of you cant handle it

Axl will release it when he is damn-well ready. No internet bitching is gonna change anything.
Maybe earlier in the year he was ready to release it, but now maybe he's changed his mind. He's a human being, our minds change oftenly. I'm sure he didnt do this on purpose.

With all that said, I still do believe that the record will be out this year.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »

I'm happy the band is actually active and touring.  We have an official Web Site, stores are selling more GNR merchandise than i've seen in forever.  If the album doesn't come out in '06, i'll wait - I've waited this long, whats another few months.  I have to believe that the wait is for something important, meaning promotion issues, last minute changes, legal issues etc . . . .

So be it - i'm in this thing for the long haul.  I've seen this band 4 times this year, maybe 2 more times, and I am happier than I ever have been with this band.  I don't feel they owe me anything, and anything they give me I feel is a bonus.

-illusionone

I totally agree with everything you just said. I'm just happy my favorite singer is out there touring and being active in the music world with people he enjoys playing with. The album will just be a nice bonus for me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 12:06:36 PM »

me, happy too. With no date, I'm yet to wait anyways peace

Negative press < positive fans
the more mixed messages = the more possible silent launch
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

I really just want the band to release the album when and how they feel it will make the most money and increase their exposure.  If now's not he time, wait until it is.

Wake up. . . .time to die
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »

All press is good press, when it comes to keeping GnR in the public eye.

I too am in this for the long haul regardless of what happens between now and January. ?Like someone stated before, Guns N' Roses don't owe us anything in terms of explanations, Chinese Democracy, Tours, etc. ?It's definitely nice when those things come to fruition, acually it's awesome. But given that nothing in our lives are dependant upon what they decide to do, they kind of owe it to themselves to do these things.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 12:18:59 PM »

I really just want the band to release the album when and how they feel it will make the most money and increase their exposure.? If now's not he time, wait until it is.

I agree with you to a large extent, but enough is enough. ?Get the music out, hit the reset button, and move forward from there. ?The longer the wait, the greater the expectations, the more challenging it becomes to meet those expectations.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »

this is all part of their elaborate scheme...

the more you get the fans dissapointed, the more excited yo uare when it comes out...

like Motley Crue, before they reunited, 2 weeks prior actually Nikki sixx made a statement about how theyd never reunite etc, and that they arent. It hit EVERY major rock news/radio page... I was let down, yes... then all of a sudden December 6 they reunite...

I think GNR is trying to pull this off, but in a bigger scale...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 12:24:05 PM »

This one time a homeless man was begging as my friend walked by, and he said "please can you help me out, i'm really really hungry." ? So my friend had some chinese food in a bag and he said "here man, you can have this."
The homeless man said "what is it?" and my friend told him it was peking duck, to which the homeless man said "eh, no thanks."
That's what GNR fans are like sometimes.

After all the years where Axl wasn't even photographed, i'm happy this band is active and things seem to be rolling. Happy i can see them tour. ?I know 02 was a bummer, and believe me i'm here everyday fiending for this album, i talk about it all the time.... but nobody is getting screwed, and nothing is owed to us. When they do something or sell something, we can buy it or not. We buy it because we're fans. I don't have to check this board everyday, and if i didn't want to i wouldn't.
I like that theyre in the news.
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »

I really just want the band to release the album when and how they feel it will make the most money and increase their exposure.? If now's not he time, wait until it is.

I agree with you 100%. ?Now, more than at any point in the last 7 or 8 years, rock music for the most part, sucks. ?Granted there are a few groups out there that are decent, but I listen to more metal now than anything else, because rock music in general has been suffering.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

you know what's taking a toll on this fan base. All these fucking threads about the album being late, the new release dates fueld by people calling their local Best Buy, and everyone speculating on when CD will be out.
Give it a fucking rest until 2007 (if the album isn't out then.)

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: