Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Join the HTGTH 2008 Nascar season Yahoo league!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Join the HTGTH 2008 Nascar season Yahoo league!!  (Read 89180 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2008, 02:37:27 AM »

Turn down the volume on TV and crank up the radio.

I would SO do that if I got MRN out here.

I grew up doing this exact thing with Auburn University football games. My father would turn down the volume on the television and turn up the Auburn Network on the radio.

I can't do this with NASCAR....lol.  rofl   It's either/or for me now.

Same here with the Lakers broadcasts when we still had the late, great Chick Hearn.  Costas who?

OH.  On a NASCAR note.

My cousin got me tickets for the California Sprint Cup Race on Labor Day Weekend for my birthday. (Bleh!)  Lips Sealed

Yes, I'll take pictures!  Oh and they came with pit passes!  If only I could meet Junior..... drool
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »

Same here with the Lakers broadcasts when we still had the late, great Chick Hearn.  Costas who?

OH.  On a NASCAR note.

My cousin got me tickets for the California Sprint Cup Race on Labor Day Weekend for my birthday. (Bleh!)  Lips Sealed

Yes, I'll take pictures!  Oh and they came with pit passes!  If only I could meet Junior..... drool

Hopefully the California race will be better in person. Not good at all on television I have to say. Now the pit passes will be interesting and who knows, you just might have some luck and meet Dale Jr.

You definitely have to look for the Sprint Cup model girls. Especially the brunette girl who stands by the race winner in victory lane every time.  yes ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »

OH.  On a NASCAR note.

Hopefully the California race will be better in person. Not good at all on television I have to say.

Nope, I've been to 3 Cup races and they are just as boring.  yes 

At home, I can at least turn on the AC!  It's going to be hotter than hell at the race.

I'm gonna try and take home some pit lizards!  rofl
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2008, 10:38:50 AM »

At home, I can at least turn on the AC!  It's going to be hotter than hell at the race.

I went to the October 1998 Talladega race and sat on the backstretch. It was pretty cool but I haven't been back since. I guess I don't have any intention in going back unless the right situation happened. The only sporting event I like to go see live in person is college football. Especially here in the SEC. I love the atmosphere on the campus of Auburn University. But like you said, there is great joy to be able to watch it from your couch in your apartment with the a/c on. 

ok

BTW. What are pit lizards? Are you referring to the girls and/or prostitutes that mingle in the pits?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2008, 06:36:46 PM »

BTW. What are pit lizards? Are you referring to the girls and/or prostitutes that mingle in the pits?

I sure am!  ok  hihi

College football games are fun.  Most sporting events are fun!  Well, maybe except golf, that's another one of those TV sports.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »

Good win for Jimmie Johnson and Chevrolet today at Indianapolis.

I wish we could get rid of the "Competition Yellow's" for goodness sake.  Roll Eyes

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »

Do I even want to discuss this sham of a race?

Honestly...total lameness.

And next week, we have Pocono.  I just might sleep through that one.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »

It was a complete sham. And I will say right now that I will NOT being watching the race this coming weekend. And it has nothing to do with the tire problems at Indy.  hihi

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »

It was a complete sham. And I will say right now that I will NOT being watching the race this coming weekend. And it has nothing to do with the tire problems at Indy.  hihi

I would rather have a lobotomy than watch the race at the "tricky triangle."

Hey!   We have Watkins Glen in two weeks!  And Bristol after!

So in reality, we haven't had a "real race" since the Firecracker 400.

New Hampshire and Pocono were lame, they don't count.  Sears Point was a road course.

I can't remember the last time I saw a decent race!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

I would rather have a lobotomy than watch the race at the "tricky triangle."

Hey!   We have Watkins Glen in two weeks!  And Bristol after!

So in reality, we haven't had a "real race" since the Firecracker 400.

New Hampshire and Pocono were lame, they don't count.  Sears Point was a road course.

I can't remember the last time I saw a decent race!

Bristol night races are always interesting Grin and hopefully Watkins Glen will be a decent race. I completely agree with you that NH and Pocono are both big time lame races.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »

I could stomach NH with the old car, it was almost like watching a Richmond race.

With the new car?  Forget about it.

There were only 3 passes for the lead the first time out.  That's F1 status!
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »

I grew up doing this exact thing with Auburn University football games. My father would turn down the volume on the television and turn up the Auburn Network on the radio.

OH.  On a NASCAR note.

What kind of passes do you have?  Hot or cold?  I hate to sound discouraging, but meeting Dale probably won't happen.  Sad 

If I were you, I'd think your best chance to see him up close would be during qualifying on pit road or in the garage when they are about to practice/stop practice.  Admission to qualifying sessions is usually cheap.  If you could get pit passes for that?  Hot passes are the best...you don't have to leave pit road when the cars are on the track.  I don't really know what all you are allowed to do with cold passes.  I know you have to leave pit road/garage when the track goes "hot," though. 

Have you ever thought of watching the race on t.v. but listening to the radio commentary on nascar.com?   I don't do that...but it's an idea.  I'm not sure if it's free or not, though.  I always watch the race/listen to regular commentary, but have pit command up to listen to the radio chatter from Dale's team.  If you've not guessed, Dale is my favorite driver. 

I was SO into NASCAR the last couple of years.  This year has just not been the same at all.  I blame it on this piece of crap car and Kyle Busch.  It's no fun to see him win so many races.  Hopefully, he's stalled out, though.  One can hope.   Wink  Jimmie's team has finally gotten things figured out and I expect him to be strong from here on out.  Now, Dale just needs to figure out how to drive Jimmie's set up. lol  Dale seems to have lost his consistency these past races.  With the Chase so close, every driver in the top 5 needs to be concentrating on wins for bonus points to close in on Busch.  It's crazy how this Chase is set up...I really don't like it. 

On another note, the Brickyard enthralled me more than any race has in the past several weeks.  Just because you never knew what was going to happen with the tires.  At least it wasn't boring!  I actually watched the entire thing!  Pocono was better than I expected it to be, too.  I just hated that Dale lost his 4th place finish when he gave out of gas.  UGH!!!

Anyway, I hardly ever visit the board anymore...but was really bored today.  All my NASCAR buddies are busy and I've not had a chance to talk NASCAR in a while.   Undecided  How have you been Drew?  Long time no see...my fault entirely, of course. 

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »

SUKIE!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!  Cheesy

How are you doing?  Kiss

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »

OH.  On a NASCAR note.

What kind of passes do you have?  Hot or cold?  I hate to sound discouraging, but meeting Dale probably won't happen.  Sad 

If I were you, I'd think your best chance to see him up close would be during qualifying on pit road or in the garage when they are about to practice/stop practice.  Admission to qualifying sessions is usually cheap.  If you could get pit passes for that?  Hot passes are the best...you don't have to leave pit road when the cars are on the track.  I don't really know what all you are allowed to do with cold passes.  I know you have to leave pit road/garage when the track goes "hot," though. 

Have you ever thought of watching the race on t.v. but listening to the radio commentary on nascar.com?   I don't do that...but it's an idea.  I'm not sure if it's free or not, though.  I always watch the race/listen to regular commentary, but have pit command up to listen to the radio chatter from Dale's team.  If you've not guessed, Dale is my favorite driver. 

I was SO into NASCAR the last couple of years.  This year has just not been the same at all.  I blame it on this piece of crap car and Kyle Busch.  It's no fun to see him win so many races.  Hopefully, he's stalled out, though.  One can hope.   Wink  Jimmie's team has finally gotten things figured out and I expect him to be strong from here on out.  Now, Dale just needs to figure out how to drive Jimmie's set up. lol  Dale seems to have lost his consistency these past races.  With the Chase so close, every driver in the top 5 needs to be concentrating on wins for bonus points to close in on Busch.  It's crazy how this Chase is set up...I really don't like it. 

On another note, the Brickyard enthralled me more than any race has in the past several weeks.  Just because you never knew what was going to happen with the tires.  At least it wasn't boring!  I actually watched the entire thing!  Pocono was better than I expected it to be, too.  I just hated that Dale lost his 4th place finish when he gave out of gas.  UGH!!!

Anyway, I hardly ever visit the board anymore...but was really bored today.  All my NASCAR buddies are busy and I've not had a chance to talk NASCAR in a while.   Undecided  How have you been Drew?  Long time no see...my fault entirely, of course. 

They're hot passes!  But the best thing would be to have a "hard card."  Only special folks like family members and people who work for the sponsors get them.  And of course, we all remember when Kurt Busch lost his hard card following his wild antics at Martinsville.  I know it won't be easy, even if I see him he'll be mobbed by a lot of fans.  I've had better luck with rock stars believe it or not!  hihi  But Junior is more than that. Wink

My interest has waned the last few years also.  The only thing that kept me in it was Junior switching teams.  They need to make a lot of changes to the new car.

I have fallen asleep during both Pocono races this year.  Both had rain delays and I missed the finish both times!

I don't have a laptop, so I can't do the nascar.com commentary thing.  But it is a worthy idea.  I've always thought of the idea, because I could get a lot more information and radio chatter than I can with the networks coverage.

DIRECTV's NASCAR Hotpass however, is the best. 

And I'm guessing Dr. Jerry Punch didn't get his doctorate in racing, because he doesn't know anything about racing!  I may as well hit the SAP button on my TV!

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »

Hot passes?  I'm jealous!  Those aren't easy to get, so who do you know?  lol  Another idea, see if Dale has any "hospitality" deals for the weekend.  If so, try to go to one of those.  You still might not get to meet him, since a lot of them are just question and answer things with no autograph sessions.  I don't mean to sound as if I think I know it all, because I most definitely don't.  I've only been to one race.  I did have a Hot Pass, though.  I saw Dale and other drivers, (mostly at a distance) but didn't meet any of them.  I figured that they were there doing their jobs and was determined not to be one of the "mob." 

I don't have a laptop, either.  This past year, I had DirecTv set up in my computer room, though.  So it all works out for me.  This is my first year with Pit Command and I've really enjoyed it.  I actually have the Race View option, but my computer is so old that it doesn't load right.  hahaha  Last year, I had HotPass with DirecTv...but I really didn't think it was worth the money.  Of course, last year my hubby watched the races every weekend with me...and he's not a Dale fan.  So, he never wanted to watch the Dale channel.   Plus, there were those weeks where Dale wasn't a featured driver.  The thing I didn't like about it was that I felt like I missed what was going on with the big picture of the race.  I just can't focus on 3 screen insets at one time.  So, I really like watching on tv and listening to the scanner.  Plus, watching lap times on fox trax.  hehehhee  I will warn you about the pit command feature, though.  The radio chatter  lags behind the action on the track and if they get too feisty...the team can go "private."  I know of one time this year that Dale's team went private.  I think it was the Charlotte race after he got into the wall and went to pit road all those times.  Didn't hear a THING during that time.  Sad

Last road race this weekend.  I'm looking forward to it just because it's different.  Hopefully all of our faves can finish up front. 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »

I've done the hospitality thing twice.  Once, a few years back with Johnny Sauter's YELLOW team in the old Busch Series, and in 2006 I was a guest of Denny Hamlin's at the FedEx tent.  (Before my uncle retired, he was a big shot with some of the shipping companies here in Southern California.)  And they treat you soooooo well.  Awesome food, terrific gift bags, hot passes.....the works!  And you get to meet the drivers at the tent.

I don't do the DIRECTV thing either.  Only when they do the free previews at both Daytona races.  That way I can ride with Dale.  But I have to keep tabs on the rest of the field too, so I prefer the networks' coverage as well.

Too bad about the nascar.com thing, I guess I won't be doing that in the future.  I guess the same goes for Sprint's mobile phone coverage.

Dale says a lot of bad words!  When I get the scanner at the track, all I hear is @(#*@)*$!)!@#$%^&* between him and Tony Jr.  But it's always entertaining!

I love Watkins Glen so much.  I don't think Dale will win, but I think his Hendrick Motorsports teammate will break through with his first win of the season.  I wish Junior would win a few more races, just so he could rack up some bonus points.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

Looking forward to today's road race since yesterday's race was pretty good. Hopefully the rain will hold off but if not, NASCAR better slap the rain tires on and go racing or I'm going to be pretty pissed.

Sukie and Archie, what do you think about a road race being in the Chase for the Cup? I think NASCAR should have a road race and I think Watkins Glen would be a better race than Sonoma. That is if NASCAR chooses from these two current tracks and doesn't go to an entirely different road course all together.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »

Archie, you were lucky to meet drivers at hospitality events.  Maybe it depends on how "big" the driver is.  I was able to attend Bud Hospitality at the race I went to...when Dale was a driver.  Smiley  There were no autograph or meet and greet sessions, though.  No gift bags or Hot Passes, either.  I'm not complaining at all...my tickets were free...didn't pay for anything track related except for food.  Ohh....and the ride along that I did.  Paid for that.

The bad words that Dale says over the radio are what makes listening to him such fun!  I love when he gets worked up and lets loose.  Unless it's endless complaining that is. 

Drew, I'm not sure how I feel about including a road race in the Chase.  Only 2 road races a year, right?  I know a lot of people want one in the Chase.  The percentage of road races versus ovals is just off to me, though.  Guess it might add more excitement, though.

As I write this, Dale has been leading so far.  Of course, this totally scares me because he seems to be strong at the beginning and then fades or has a bad pit or a wreck or whatever.  Sad  First pit stops are happening now, so I'm off to watch. 
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »

Drew, I'm not sure how I feel about including a road race in the Chase.  Only 2 road races a year, right?  I know a lot of people want one in the Chase.  The percentage of road races versus ovals is just off to me, though.  Guess it might add more excitement, though.

As I write this, Dale has been leading so far.  Of course, this totally scares me because he seems to be strong at the beginning and then fades or has a bad pit or a wreck or whatever.  Sad  First pit stops are happening now, so I'm off to watch. 

I see your point. What would you think about NASCAR adding a third road course to the schedule? This is just me, but there are too many boring races and tracks NASCAR goes to every year. And sometimes they go twice to some of the tracks which aggravates me big time. I like how the road courses give a different type of racing during the long continuously schedule of oval after oval.

Dale Jr. has run strong all year long and runs up front at the beginning of the race but than slowly fades back every time.  Undecided

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »

I really don't want more road courses...but I'd love more SHORT tracks.  The mile and half tracks are usually boring.  I wish they'd not built so many of those so called "cookie cutter" tracks.  If NASCAR was to include a road race, I'd rather it be the Glen.  From what the drivers say, it is more like their kind of racing.  It's faster and more fun for them than Sonoma.  I know that Dale hates Sonoma.  It's too technical for him.  The whole road race issue...in my  opinion, the drivers are in NASCAR because oval racing is the kind of racing they want to do.  If they wanted to have driven road races, they would have pursued driving in a different series. 

Ohhh...I meant to tell you before.  If it rains, they'll stop the race.  There is no way that NASCAR is going to run a Cup race in the rain.  They'll do it for Nationwide,  but not Cup. 

Dale always seems to have had the "fading" problem.  Even back to his days at DEI.  (not including the blown engines of his last year at DEI)  I listen to his scanner so I know he gives feedback about his car.  But, I do wonder if he gives the right information.  Hopefully, with all the Hendrick resources, he'll learn more about what the car needs if that's the case.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: