Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 221154 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »

That is where you put the goal posts. You're setting a low bar for Biden.  

OK, lets make this simple, and prove my point even further:

Are you voting for Joe Biden, even assuming he meets your standards for mental competency as you just defined them?

Or are you pretty much voting for Trump unless there is verified video released of him torturing and eating puppies?

Exactly.

To any reasonable, objective, open minded person....last night puts to bed the "Joe is mentally deficient" argument. It completely undermines one of the Trump campaigns main arguments so far.

To the Trump kool aid drinkers and trolls...not so much.

But, even if Joe met every metric you just laid out....Trump supporters would move the goal posts.  That's the playbook.  You just showed it.

So, again, thanks for proving my point, and continuing to do so.  It's nice to know the playbook is still predictable.  Its funny....I was talking to my wife this morning and I predicted THIS exact conversation.   rofl

Couple of asides: LITERALLY reciting prewritten material is one of the tests for dementia and senility. Not being able to do so, and losing focus, can be an indicator of the onset of issues.  Did Joe look like he lost focus last night? He stood there for...what...45 minutes?...and spoke passionately and emotionally. He never lost focus. Never looked confused. Never drifted off. Never really stumbled or lost his place or bearings.

Tim just showed that TRUMP can't meet your metrics for Joe's mental competency.  That giving you pause at all?  Of course it's not.

rofl rofl rofl
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:18:03 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2020, 09:02:36 AM »

I'm not sure why you can not concede that I have a valid point here. I know you have a tough time with that  hihi

It isn't about whether I'm voting for Trump or not. 

Last night helped Biden, I will certainly give you that, but one good speech ( especially when it mattered) doesn't make all the previous examples cease to exist.  If Biden has good debate performances it will show he can hold his own unscripted and facing Trump in person, it will put the question in the rear view mirror. And a press conference would also help.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »

I'm not sure why you can not concede that I have a valid point here. I know you have a tough time with that  hihi

First, I mean....pot, kettle, black. Over and over again.

Second, because you don't.  Not actually or factually.

You have bias.

That's it.  And even if Biden met YOUR metrics, you would just move the goal posts.

When you have a valid point, I'll let you know.  Grin

It absolutely is. Or rather, your objections are about that vote.  And you not answering the question confirms it.  Thanks.  

You do realize you're making my case for me over and over and over, right?

Because if not....well, you're making it again.

Last night helped Biden, I will certainly give you that, but one good speech ( especially when it mattered) doesn't make all the previous examples cease to exist.  If Biden has good debate performances it will show he can hold his own unscripted and facing Trump in person, it will put the question in the rear view mirror. And a press conference would also help.

You just did it. Right there. You moved the goal posts.  I mean, I LITERALLY could not make a more obvious example if I tried.

He got up there, showed stamina, showed lucidity (though not silent), showed emotion, and that he fundamentally understood the material.  He did not sit there and read the speech like a drone (something Trump does often, notice...and badly).  He did all the things Trump and his supporters said he couldn't do.  And he even did them after sundown. 

How many Trump supporters and surrogates have you heard say something like "Just wait until the Biden acceptance speech at the convention" or "No way Joe can stand up there and give a substantive, lengthy speech at the convention...he'll probably prerecord it or something"? 

And now it's: OK, now he has to debate.  Goal. Post. Moving.

Serious question: How much do you know about neurological disease, how it's tested for, and what it's early symptoms are?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:46:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2020, 09:38:38 AM »

interesting to see someone in Hollywood speaking truth.....

You are the season of darkness. 
@JoeBiden

@dnc
 You are monsters. You are frauds. You are the lie.

What have the Democrats done to solve ANYTHING?
Help the poor? No.
Help black & brown people? No.
Stop police brutality? No.
Help single mothers? No.
Help children? No.
You have achieved nothing. NOTHING.
Why did people vote Trump? Because of you motherfuckers.

I don't vote for rapists.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »

the Washington post and every other article said the person that the punk was from the BLM protest that had been taking place right at this location.

Gotta nail down that rhetoric! Can't let a chance to appeal to emotion slip by you!  ok

and there it is! accusing those you disagree with as being racist.

it does not get any intellectually weaker and lazier than that. typically used when facts start to hurt your feelings.  

And there it is! Denying that racism exists by way of dismissing all instances of it as simple "political disagreement". No, using the EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS that racists did against MLK is as blatantly racist as you can get. It's not a matter of "political disagreement" when you insist that a woman of color got her job because of her skin color instead of her qualification when she is in fact the most qualified candidate there was by a longshot, and vastly more qualified than the current president. That's just old fashioned racism, period.

It does not get any intellectually weaker and lazier than having NO RESPONSE to the actual substance of an allegation and simply turning it around (remember; DARVO, the tactic of narcissists and gaslighters) on the other person and suggesting they would call a squirrel racist. When you can't defend your stance; attack the other person's credibility.

Got caught using the N-word at a cashier? Don't defend yourself on the merit of the facts! Just attack the person calling you out by suggesting they call anyone they disagree with racist! No need to actually prove that assertion either! You're only muddying the water and diverting, this has nothing to do with proving a point based on the facts!

And you'll continue on ignoring this post entirely or respond with another DARVO. Your bad faith tactics are as predicable as the sunrise at this point. Whenever the facts start hurting your feelings, you dismiss and DARVO. You won't and CAN'T respond with a rebuttal on the facts because you know you're wrong. And now you're trying to gaslight by suggesting I am avoiding the facts when your entire response failed to address the accusation on the basis of its merit whatsoever!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:00:37 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2020, 05:50:35 PM »

The polls had him losing last time too?  The man nobody saw coming.  It's 2020, the year of WTF.  Realistically, you can't call it until the votes are counted.

National polls had him losing. And by national vote, he did lose. Polls also showed very slim margins in the swing states and that's how he won. So no, in fact the polls were very accurate, it was the pundits who got it wrong.

Biden read a prepared speech from a teleprompter and delivered it effectively.

Something trump has repeatedly failed at. Your double standard is nakedly partisan sycophancy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LB1PzvoNNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4wosNO1oo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #366 on: August 21, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »

@JoeBiden

@dnc

Help the poor? No.
Help single mothers? No.
Help children? No.

Congrats, you're just as clueless as the "radical left SJWs" you proclaim to hate. Anyone with half a brain knows why the Democrats, despite being more corporate-friendly than they should be, are superior to Trump in every metric imaginable. As always, you have no argument on the facts so you resort to aesthetics like "look at this progressive who criticized Biden!". Facts don't care about your feelings, snowflake.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #367 on: August 21, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

I'm not sure why you can not concede that I have a valid point here. I know you have a tough time with that  hihi

First, I mean....pot, kettle, black. Over and over again.

Second, because you don't.  Not actually or factually.

You have bias.

That's it.  And even if Biden met YOUR metrics, you would just move the goal posts.

When you have a valid point, I'll let you know.  Grin

It absolutely is. Or rather, your objections are about that vote.  And you not answering the question confirms it.  Thanks.  

You do realize you're making my case for me over and over and over, right?

Because if not....well, you're making it again.

Last night helped Biden, I will certainly give you that, but one good speech ( especially when it mattered) doesn't make all the previous examples cease to exist.  If Biden has good debate performances it will show he can hold his own unscripted and facing Trump in person, it will put the question in the rear view mirror. And a press conference would also help.

You just did it. Right there. You moved the goal posts.  I mean, I LITERALLY could not make a more obvious example if I tried.

He got up there, showed stamina, showed lucidity (though not silent), showed emotion, and that he fundamentally understood the material.  He did not sit there and read the speech like a drone (something Trump does often, notice...and badly).  He did all the things Trump and his supporters said he couldn't do.  And he even did them after sundown. 

How many Trump supporters and surrogates have you heard say something like "Just wait until the Biden acceptance speech at the convention" or "No way Joe can stand up there and give a substantive, lengthy speech at the convention...he'll probably prerecord it or something"? 

And now it's: OK, now he has to debate.  Goal. Post. Moving.

Serious question: How much do you know about neurological disease, how it's tested for, and what it's early symptoms are?

Have you considered that you have a bias?  Huh

I'm no expert at neurological diseases, but anyone can see that Biden in 2020 is not the same as he was when he was VP. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2020, 07:21:31 PM »

And people are worried about Biden's mental state?

I think that narrative realistically ended after last nights speech.....

Other than for the kool aid drinkers and the trolls.

Biden read a prepared speech from a teleprompter and delivered it effectively.  It certainly helped him with mental state questions, but he has yet to talk for any length of time unscripted.

If he wants to put the question to bed, he needs ho hold a press conference live with no pre selected questions &  do well in the 3 debates with Trump.

Even Wallace praised the speech. He's being interviewed Sunday on ABC. Let's see how that goes
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:53:16 PM by tim_m » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »

I'm no expert at neurological diseases, but anyone can see that Biden in 2020 is not the same as he was when he was VP.

Then make that argument. With your words. Don't just state it as if it were self-evident. Because in reality Biden has lived his whole life with a speech impediment and has been known for silly gaffes. I don't see anything different from 2008 except that we're seeing more of him because he's at the top of the ticket this time.

Of course, it's incredibly obvious to everyone else what you're doing here; projection is the number one tactic of the modern right. When your candidate is clearly mentally declining and unfit for office, you simply turn around and attack your opponent (there's DARVO again) on precisely the biggest weakness of your own candidate in order to distract, muddy the waters and neutralize your biggest disadvantage.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 10:28:12 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »

I thought Biden looked pretty good last night.  Spent way too long on personal loss.

I can't believe Trump is having the St Louis couple who stood on their property with guns as protestors went by.  I understand their fear with the Ferguson violent protests but that's still not right.  I can't help but think if that had been a black couple out there, there would have been an immediate police response, there would have been on the spot arrests and somebody might have been shot.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »

That is where you put the goal posts. You're setting a low bar for Biden.  

OK, lets make this simple, and prove my point even further:

Are you voting for Joe Biden, even assuming he meets your standards for mental competency as you just defined them?

Or are you pretty much voting for Trump unless there is verified video released of him torturing and eating puppies?

Exactly.

To any reasonable, objective, open minded person....last night puts to bed the "Joe is mentally deficient" argument. It completely undermines one of the Trump campaigns main arguments so far.

To the Trump kool aid drinkers and trolls...not so much.

But, even if Joe met every metric you just laid out....Trump supporters would move the goal posts.  That's the playbook.  You just showed it.

So, again, thanks for proving my point, and continuing to do so.  It's nice to know the playbook is still predictable.  Its funny....I was talking to my wife this morning and I predicted THIS exact conversation.   rofl

Couple of asides: LITERALLY reciting prewritten material is one of the tests for dementia and senility. Not being able to do so, and losing focus, can be an indicator of the onset of issues.  Did Joe look like he lost focus last night? He stood there for...what...45 minutes?...and spoke passionately and emotionally. He never lost focus. Never looked confused. Never drifted off. Never really stumbled or lost his place or bearings.

Tim just showed that TRUMP can't meet your metrics for Joe's mental competency.  That giving you pause at all?  Of course it's not.

rofl rofl rofl

Also one of the main tenets of peoples "proof" of Biden's decline is his gaffes. Where are people been the last 40 some odd years? Biden has always made gaffes and been prone to foot in mouth disease. This isn't something new.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2020, 09:45:54 PM »

I'm not sure why you can not concede that I have a valid point here. I know you have a tough time with that  hihi

Last night helped Biden, I will certainly give you that, but one good speech ( especially when it mattered) doesn't make all the previous examples cease to exist.  If Biden has good debate performances it will show he can hold his own unscripted and facing Trump in person, it will put the question in the rear view mirror. And a press conference would also help.

Biden did quite well during the primary debates. Are you asserting he has declined so much in just 4.5 months that he is no longer capable of having a good showing? I'm asking sincerely, not trying to mock you in anyway.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »

I thought Biden looked pretty good last night.  Spent way too long on personal loss.

I can't believe Trump is having the St Louis couple who stood on their property with guns as protestors went by.  I understand their fear with the Ferguson violent protests but that's still not right.  I can't help but think if that had been a black couple out there, there would have been an immediate police response, there would have been on the spot arrests and somebody might have been shot.

That's just Biden, family is so important to him.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:48 PM »

I thought Biden looked pretty good last night.  Spent way too long on personal loss.

I can't believe Trump is having the St Louis couple who stood on their property with guns as protestors went by.  I understand their fear with the Ferguson violent protests but that's still not right.  I can't help but think if that had been a black couple out there, there would have been an immediate police response, there would have been on the spot arrests and somebody might have been shot.

Oh, you mean those CRIMINAL THUGS who pointed loaded weapons at people from a property they FRAUDULENTLY claimed to own? Those same ones who were charged with FELONY unlawful use of a weapon? Those same CRIMINAL THUGS who owe the American people $25,000 in unpaid property taxes?

Here's a question for the rightists: Why does Trump keep working with CRIMINALS? Why does he pardon criminals like Joe Arpaio who bragged about his prison conditions being like modern slavery? And how can you defend him as "not racist" for pardoning a guy who proudly compared himself to a slave master? Oh wait, you won't defend that at all, because you can't. You'll just once again pull the old ad hominem of "you call everything you disagree with racist". YAWN. Get a new dodge. Preferably one less pathetic.

As always, it's the ones shouting "law and order" the loudest who are covering up the crimes of their own. Oh yeah, didn't Steve Bannon just get arrested? Is there anyone who worked on his campaign who isn't behind bars at this point? Trump's presidency isn't an administration so much as it is a criminal enterprise.

But hey...

THUG TRUMP 2020!!! FILL THE SWAMP!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 10:51:43 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2020, 10:56:32 PM »

"I don't want to defund police departments ... There are unethical cops. They should be rooted out," Biden later added.

"By the way, he proposes cutting a half a billion dollars of local police support," Biden added, seemingly referring to the Trump administration's proposed cuts to a federal program that helps hire more local law enforcement officers."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/biden-abc-robin-roberts-don-223934046.html

Trump wants Americans to be unsafe! He hates the police!

Biden 2020: Law and Order

sandman
Legend

« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2020, 12:14:43 AM »

@JoeBiden

@dnc

Help the poor? No.
Help single mothers? No.
Help children? No.

Congrats, you're just as clueless as the "radical left SJWs" you proclaim to hate. Anyone with half a brain knows why the Democrats, despite being more corporate-friendly than they should be, are superior to Trump in every metric imaginable. As always, you have no argument on the facts so you resort to aesthetics like "look at this progressive who criticized Biden!". Facts don't care about your feelings, snowflake.

You are voting for a rapist. Sleep well, buddy.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2020, 12:19:28 AM »

the Washington post and every other article said the person that the punk was from the BLM protest that had been taking place right at this location.

Gotta nail down that rhetoric! Can't let a chance to appeal to emotion slip by you!  ok

and there it is! accusing those you disagree with as being racist.

it does not get any intellectually weaker and lazier than that. typically used when facts start to hurt your feelings.  

And there it is! Denying that racism exists by way of dismissing all instances of it as simple "political disagreement". No, using the EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS that racists did against MLK is as blatantly racist as you can get. It's not a matter of "political disagreement" when you insist that a woman of color got her job because of her skin color instead of her qualification when she is in fact the most qualified candidate there was by a longshot, and vastly more qualified than the current president. That's just old fashioned racism, period.

It does not get any intellectually weaker and lazier than having NO RESPONSE to the actual substance of an allegation and simply turning it around (remember; DARVO, the tactic of narcissists and gaslighters) on the other person and suggesting they would call a squirrel racist. When you can't defend your stance; attack the other person's credibility.

Got caught using the N-word at a cashier? Don't defend yourself on the merit of the facts! Just attack the person calling you out by suggesting they call anyone they disagree with racist! No need to actually prove that assertion either! You're only muddying the water and diverting, this has nothing to do with proving a point based on the facts!

And you'll continue on ignoring this post entirely or respond with another DARVO. Your bad faith tactics are as predicable as the sunrise at this point. Whenever the facts start hurting your feelings, you dismiss and DARVO. You won't and CAN'T respond with a rebuttal on the facts because you know you're wrong. And now you're trying to gaslight by suggesting I am avoiding the facts when your entire response failed to address the accusation on the basis of its merit whatsoever!

What have you done for BLM? Can u convince mommy to give up “your” house and give it to black people?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2020, 01:00:47 AM »

@JoeBiden

@dnc

Help the poor? No.
Help single mothers? No.
Help children? No.

You are voting for a rapist. Sleep well, buddy.
By your logic, so are you. Trump has far more accusers than Biden. Note the word accusers. That doesn't mean guilty. We have innocent until proven guilty in this country. At least we used to. Neither have been convicted. Projection at its finest because you know there's a real chance Trump is guilty of that which you believe Biden to be.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #379 on: August 22, 2020, 08:17:35 AM »

How many of Trump's associates have now been either convicted or suspected of crimes?

Since he became president, he's not exactly been the poster boy for draining the swamp. Mexico didn't pay for the wall, and allegedly neither did those donations...

Oh yeah, and he got help winning the election. He likes to remind people that he won. No mention of how... The election in 2016 that he said would be rigged. Same tactics now. It's gonna be rigged etc.

Meanwhile his experts like the MyPillow guy wants you guys to think they have a cure for the Coronavirus...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: