Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:35:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to play in Jakarta, Indonesia (12/15)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to play in Jakarta, Indonesia (12/15)  (Read 14053 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »

For the initial show, it was supposed to start around 8PM, so I think for today's, it was just because weather conditions? I don't know about other artists though...

axlstern
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »

No The Seeker or Don't Let it Bring You Down?! Cry......wonder if th?t 'phase "is over
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »

We don't know yet, as this setlist has not been confirmed by Jarmo or someone who attended the show. I think at least The Seeker and Madagascar were played.

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »

Wow that's crazy. Great they could reschedule it so quickly. A GN'R show at 1pm! Amazing.

Yeah it is kinda crazy. Good to know he apparently CAN hit the stage early if he has to.

Hmm.... Maybe he can start doing this for other fans so that they can get home while public transportation are still in effect? Just a thought....

Great job on turning something positive into something negative. ok

Offcourse it was positive that they played the gig the next they when they had to cancel. Nobody disagrees with that. That's positive and a given that a band plays a gig at the next possible date.

AND it's positive to know that from now on there is no reason for a gig to start so late that fans and bandmates/crew are suffering!

It's all positive!   beer

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »

Why do shows start so early in Jakarta? i never got that. anyone know?

Because it was postponed for a day to another venue. Maybe the venue was booked for something else later on in the day?

AND it's positive to know that from now on there is no reason for a gig to start so late that fans and bandmates/crew are suffering!

It's all positive!   beer

You're a moron if you believe that.

Suffering? The crew had to be at the venue in the middle of the night and work through the night to set everything up.

Compare that to going to the venue in the morning and working during the day...

Late? GN'R shows haven't started late in ages.

11PM in Las Vegas isn't late.

In some countries people aren't even done with dinner at that hour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »

It's all positive!   beer

You're a moron if you believe that.

Suffering? The crew had to be at the venue in the middle of the night and work through the night to set everything up.

/jarmo

I'm no moron. I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough.

I wasn't talking about the Jakarta show. THAT was all well and good what the band, management and crew did to solve the problem that was dealt them.

Regarding fans and bandmates suffering from late starts, I think most fans know what I'm talking about. It's not something I "believe". It's no secret that late starts has been a negative thing for fans and the band at MANY shows for MANY years. Like Ron once said; "when you're waiting, we're waiting...", or something like that.

And now Axl shows everybody that he can show up to a gig at around 1 o'clock in the early afternoon. That's great! Gives me hope that we don't have many more shows that start around midnight or later. All good!

I agree that things have been great for some months now. Not only when it comes to punctuality but also when it comes to other band related stuff. I think the new management have proved that they prolly are THE management to finally get this band going in the right direction. Showing up to gigs at a reasonable time, promoting the band (TV interviews etc etc) and generally promoting this lineup! I'm all for it and think it's great!
 beer

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »

Civil War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E47vfc4em28

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

Trippin balls at no pyro and confetti.
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »

I'm glad everyone was able to rally and put on the show. Sounds like it was one helluva storm. The Jakarta fans had a good time and that's what matters.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »

Great quality, there must be more. Where do we go now?
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »

Great quality, there must be more. Where do we go now?

I have to answer myself. It's all there when you click the nickname. Thank you so much whoever you are peace
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »

Indonesia Raya played at GN'R concert

Rocking the stage: Axl Rose, lead vocalist of American rock band Guns N' Roses performs at Mata Elang International Stadium, Ancol, North Jakarta on Sunday. He wooed the crowd with renditions of dozens of the band's hits from the 1990's. The concert was supposed to be held on Saturday at Bung Karno Sports complex but was delayed and moved to the Ancol complex due to rain damage. (JP/P.J. Leo)

American rock band Guns N' Roses had prepared a surprise for its Indonesian fans during its concert at Mata Elang International Stadium, North Jakarta on Sunday.

Appearing on stage a few minutes after the scheduled 1 p.m. start, the lead vocalist ? the remaining original member of the band Axl Rose ? walked straight out on stage and sang ?Chinese Democracy? without greeting his thousands of fans.

However, in the middle of the show, one of the guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal took the audience by surprise when he started to play the national anthem ?Indonesia Raya? on his guitar. The audience assisted the guitarist and sang the lyrics, Antara news wire reported.

One of the fans Andi Ahmad, 36, said that it was a gesture of the band's appreciation of Indonesia.

Jakarta Governor Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, who is known for his fondness for rock music, was seen in the crowd.

The band wrapped up the three-hour show after singing dozens of hits including ?Don't Cry?, ?Welcome to the Jungle?, ?November Rain? and many more. (iwa)

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/12/16/indonesia-raya-played-gnr-concert.html

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFetboyslim

^ This channel is full of videos from the show.  ok

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »

Just for info.  How many people attended....And I much were the tickets?

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Boromir
VIP