Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The lyrical motif of Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The lyrical motif of Chinese Democracy  (Read 1538 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« on: October 18, 2006, 02:08:19 PM »

Beautiful stuff.

You know I tried so hard to make you / Change your mind / And it hurts too much to see you / And how you've left yourself behind / You know I wouldn't want to be you / Now there's a hell I can't describe

What can I do when there's so many liars / That crawl through your veins like millions of spiders / And seek out their victims / Ruin the wiser / Watch out / Gotcha / Oh my god / I can't deny this / I've been taught / Just to kill and fight this / To bury it deeper where nobody can find it / Like nobody wanted to know

The end of Oh My God ranks with the outro of Coma.

Oh / So it's on with the show / Like the tides down on the ocean / The waves already set in motion / The only one in the game who's lost is you

The new songs may not all be flawless but they are some of the strongest lyrics Axl's ever written. People say these songs are too "emo" but when he goes for the harder stuff like IRS, CD, Rhiad, and Oh My God they're vicious.

I'm truly hoping the songs we haven't heard yet are musically superb and can match the type of lyrics he's writing. Something tells me Seven and The General and Thyme and This I Love are all going to be standout tracks. Beltrami's input should be great.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 05:39:53 PM »

There's not many out there who can beat Axls combination of lyrics and melody. I think isolated they're not the best out there. Dylan is deeper, Floyd is more melodic. But combined they're unbeatable. I immediately think of breakdown and welcome to the jungle. The way the lyrics flow and evolve parallell with the melody is just amazing. Like how "we got fun n' games" becomes "it gets worse here every day". The chords are pretty much the same, but Axls lines keeps the song from becomin too repetive.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: