Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank and BBF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank and BBF  (Read 19617 times)
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2007, 11:57:13 AM »

Adler is the man I would love it if he joined the band, also all the haters who dislike the new band would have to shutup.  Cause Matt's not an original hes the same as Dizzy (actually less).  So vr would just be Slash/Duff and GNR would be Axl/Adler/Dizzy and I know the mods hate it when you say it, but wouldnt it be incredible if Izzy played on 1 or 2 songs.  Who would need a reunion then.

Still right now I am guessing Brain is under a contract to probably 2008 or something, but has voiced that he doesnt want to be on tour right now for whatever reason.  I am guessing that Frank right now is THE drummer.  No one but Axl and Brain probably know exactly what is going on.  Frank is a competent replacement, he sounded good when I saw him live and seemed to be happy. 

This is Axl's band and I think when he started out he got a lot of guys who were very powerful, well known personalities.  That doesnt fit when one man is the leader.  GNR is as much a democracy as China.

If Adler would be willing to get on board with Axl and pretty much do what Axl says and he can still play all the parts I say go for it.  I would love to see Adler in the band if he can play everything.  I really respect that he has been out there touring and seems to have gotten his life together when a lot of guys would have slipped away.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:37 PM »

but has voiced that he doesnt want to be on tour right now for whatever reason. 

when was that?
Death Cube K
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you speak, pal !

Do you have any credible proof that Steven is not clean these days.

Alot of the after affects (ex. - slurred speech) you see today are from the past not present.

Steve is beyond his demons now and is ready to face the future !

I am more than confident in Steve's ability to play w/ GN'R in the very near future !

Youre Adler arent you. This nonsense could only come from someone that far away from reality.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »

bumblefoot is a very talented guitarist and writer, and frank has a beard, so why shouldn't they be on the album?
Is it Frank?s beard that important? Shocked

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »

Until we hear otherwise... I for one assume that Frank Ferrer will be behind the kit when the new tour kicks off... otherwise, I don't quite understand the rush to get him on to the album (and incur all that cost and delay) if Brain is just going to return and play the next 70 shows or whatever. I think they've kind of "left the door open" for Brain to return if he wants (kind of like they left it with Duff in mid/late 90's)- but are basically moving on. But... we'll soon find out.

NO way Adler returns. Substance abuse aside- he's a loud mouth who would bascially be busting Axl's balls every night to reform the old band. Can't imagine that's a good fit. In my eyes- Axl already pulled the biggest coup possible by patching things up with Izzy and getting him on stage with the new band- and the fact that Izzy and Fortus get along so well apparently is amazing too. I've always kind of viewed Izzy as the "keeper" of the old band's soul in a lot ways (especially considering there hasn't been a Guns record of original material since he strolled out the door...)- and if he's given his endorsement to what Axl's doing.... then that's all that's needed IMHO.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »

Seriously...Axl has waited forever for this album to be right....working with robin and tommy for a long time, those songs mean something.....years together forms a bond that you use on the songs....

how the hell do Frank and BBF just glide in and record final versions of these songs?? im not complaining or agreeing with it, just throwing it out there. songs should evolve and grow within the band over time...esp for THIS album. these guys got a free pass, walk in, go on tour, record on CD all within one year.....doesnt make sense to me.

I find both of these guys to be competent musicians who've played they're asses off thus far w/ Guns. I feel they have every right to be on the record.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Chief
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2007, 05:53:25 PM »

i also think its pretty cool that we are getting some interviews and stuff from these new guys.. even if they are short its a good thing since we haven't had all that many interviews in the last few years!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2007, 05:55:10 PM »

i also think its pretty cool that we are getting some interviews and stuff from these new guys.. even if they are short its a good thing since we haven't had all that many interviews in the last few years!

It's not really that cool.

They never say much about the band or album ?

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2007, 05:56:14 PM »

Enough with the bullshit. Just who is GNR's drummer? Frank or Brain? Yeah yeah, they are both apart of the GNR family...(very politically correct) but we all know a band doesnt use two drummers on stage.

Yes. Very good question indeed.

I don't think we should rule out Adler either. Now that him and Axl seemed to have made up some, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !    beer

/bringbackadler

you are absolutely delusional.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2007, 05:59:33 PM »

Enough with the bullshit. Just who is GNR's drummer? Frank or Brain? Yeah yeah, they are both apart of the GNR family...(very politically correct) but we all know a band doesnt use two drummers on stage.

Yes. Very good question indeed.

I don't think we should rule out Adler either. Now that him and Axl seemed to have made up some, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !? ? beer

/bringbackadler

you are absolutely delusional.

No, not delusional.

Just old enough that I can remember the original members.

I don't expect you to understand, Jimbo !

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2007, 07:02:07 PM »

dude adler has nothing to do with this thread at all.   

go troll for the fucking ex members here
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=12.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: