Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BFoot emails me back and says:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BFoot emails me back and says:  (Read 44494 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »

Donington2007 is just paranoid.

This is obviously a studio leak. Not fan made. Despite technology.

Why is it 'obviously' a studio leak?

Because...it is. It's way too good to have been live from 06.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »

I'm only interested in Jackamo's response
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

My bad then.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2007, 03:34:15 PM »

My bad then.

No worries  peace
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »

My bad then.

No worries? peace

I knew EMS was behind this
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »

My bad then.

No worries? peace

Behind what?

I'm only asking someone for an opinion  hihi
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

This could be a studio version, but I doubt it would be the final mix.

The song still sounds a little rough.. I'm not even sure what I like more, the old or the new version.

I don't like it all that much  no If it was up to me the song would sound a lot fuller.. the vocals are a bit too high in the mix (never thought I would say this) and the instruments sound like a mess. I like the pitman effects, but it would be nice to actually hear them (not some fuzzy noise in the background).

This track could be so much more.. sound a lot more "dreamy" like, take you on a journey (especially towards the end), etc. In my imagination it sounds 10 times nicer  Cry

So let's pray this isn't for real  Wink
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »

Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34920#34920

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »

This could be a studio version, but I doubt it would be the final mix.

The song still sounds a little rough.. I'm not even sure what I like more, the old or the new version.

I don't like it all that much  no If it was up to me the song would sound a lot fuller.. the vocals are a bit too high in the mix (never thought I would say this) and the instruments sound like a mess. I like the pitman effects, but it would be nice to actually hear them (not some fuzzy noise in the background).

This track could be so much more.. sound a lot more "dreamy" like, take you on a journey (especially towards the end), etc. In my imagination it sounds 10 times nicer  Cry

So let's pray this isn't for real  Wink

When you take a song from ProTools and put it on a computer or whatever, it has to be compressed in order for it to be compatible. As good as this sounds, on the actual cd is gonna sound so much better. It will be the true sound, and you will be able to hear everything clearly. But this version is a lot more clean sounding than the other one.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »

Is it real? Yes.

Is it the final album version? Probably not.

Does anyone else find it bizarre that this leaked exactly one year after the originals did?

Actually, two days short of the one year of the full, first Better leak.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2007, 04:00:11 PM »

When you take a song from ProTools and put it on a computer or whatever, it has to be compressed in order for it to be compatible.
Even though I know this is true, at 160bkps it shouldn't have such an effect on the stuff I'm talking about.

And I believe bumblefoot when he says that it's an experimental mix and not final.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »

Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

If you could post these words on all other forums, that would be great.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »

Fromm BBF:

They have been. yes
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »

Fromm BBF:

They have been. yes

Thank you  peace
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »

Mr. Mysteron, could you shed more light on to this subject, if you're allowed?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

Look everyone:

either u like Better or u dont like it.

The song is not gonna sound much different than what we've heard.

If u dont like the vocals,lyrics,melodies or main guitar parts, U arent gonna like it PERIOD!

The final mix will have maybe a different solo, maybe different sounds here and there but essentially what the song is will remain.

So if u dont like it by now, U arent gonna like it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »

It's a very weird mix. I'd guess that it was mixed to deliberately highlight certain aspects, rather than attempting the best presentation of the song.

I think you just hit the nail in the head.

I'd be willing to believe there are several other mixes out there, all emphasizing various instruments/parts. It's all about finding the proper amounts to be used in the final mix.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2007, 04:26:29 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying they don't like the song in this thread.

When you take a song from ProTools and put it on a computer or whatever, it has to be compressed in order for it to be compatible.
Even though I know this is true, at 160bkps it shouldn't have such an effect on the stuff I'm talking about.

And I believe bumblefoot when he says that it's an experimental mix and not final.

Yeah but he says it's not one of the versions he ever heard.
He wouldn't know whose experiment for sure.

Fromm BBF:

The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »

Fromm BBF:

The most important thing about that is confirmation that people are involved in the mixing of the album, so recording is finished. This is the furthest on anyone has confirmed Chinese Democracy to be. / beer

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »

My bad then.

No worries? peace

Behind what?

I'm only asking someone for an opinion? hihi
Not sure if I should give it now- maybe your on to "us". Wink

Kidding- but after listening to it more and more- I have to take back what I said earlier- I now think this could very well be fanmade. I remember? (IMSorry?) did a Better remaster with a drum machine over the original drums and it just as well done as this one- except not as glossy with effects. And the back up singing- and bass could be recorded and put in by anyone.

So yeah.... whoever did it (if they did it) did a great job of making something like this out of the original demo.
But whoknows? I don't.

But isn't "obviously" a studio leak IMO
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: