Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BFoot emails me back and says:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BFoot emails me back and says:  (Read 44487 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »

Well you got 2 band members confirming its real, BBF and Dizzy.

And I dont know anyone who can sing exactly like Axl, so it would be hard to change the 2nd chorus and do all those harmonies in the Na na na part.

Sorry but this is real. Its probably not the final mix, but is definately real.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »

And I dont know anyone who can sing exactly like Axl, so it would be hard to change the 2nd chorus and do all those harmonies in the Na na na part.

As much as I love the song, the new harmonies, etc., I hope it isn't the final mix.  The instrument panning and balance seems way off during certain parts of the track (all bass on the right, for example).   As I spend a lot of time listening w/ headphones on, I'd be a bit disapppointed if this was the final, mixed version that was on CD.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »

As much as I love the song, the new harmonies, etc., I hope it isn't the final mix.  The instrument panning and balance seems way off during certain parts of the track (all bass on the right, for example).   As I spend a lot of time listening w/ headphones on, I'd be a bit disapppointed if this was the final, mixed version that was on CD.

I didnt say this was the final mix. All I said was that this from GN'R, its not a fake. According to Dizzy its not the final mix.

http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,24203.0.html
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »

Whatever that song was yesterday, it isn't anymore.

There are 3 possibilities, a genuine leak, a fan remaster (in that case the guy responsible should be hired asap by someone) or it's a 'feeler' to check out the vibe.

I'm leaning on the first alternative, and that it's an older demo. Definitely not a close to being finished song.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »

There are 3 possibilities, a genuine leak, a fan remaster (in that case the guy responsible should be hired asap by someone) or it's a 'feeler' to check out the vibe.

I'm leaning on the first alternative, and that it's an older demo. Definitely not a close to being finished song.

Dude its def more current. The way Axl sang it live in '06 with the 2nd chorus is the way he sings here. Also, if you listen to the live versions the synth is a lot higher in the mix than in the previously leaked demo, just like this version. Its def a more current version of the song than the leak of last year. It sounds closer to being finished than last years. The sound is a lot better, you can hear everything clearer and Axl's voice is a lot louder in the mix. Axl's voice should be a hint right away that this is a more current mix. Listen to how loud his voice is in the Harley ad, its similar in this demo.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »

Dude its def more current. The way Axl sang it live in '06 with the 2nd chorus is the way he sings here. Also, if you listen to the live versions the synth is a lot higher in the mix than in the previously leaked demo, just like this version. Its def a more current version of the song than the leak of last year. It sounds closer to being finished than last years. The sound is a lot better, you can hear everything clearer and Axl's voice is a lot louder in the mix. Axl's voice should be a hint right away that this is a more current mix. Listen to how loud his voice is in the Harley ad, its similar in this demo.

Sorry about the wording. Older as in not near finished. The HD ad sounded more finished than this. It's possible this is just a version that the band screwed around with all the times Axl wasn't there. Hell, it could even be leaked because the Pitman mania is reaching new heights these days. Who knows what type of stuff the hoarders got in their vaults.

This sounds cleaner than the initial leak, but the mix is still pretty bad. No way this is the finished work from Mr. Wallace.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2007, 06:49:12 PM »

Big thanks to Bumblefoot, he rocks.  Thanks Younggunner!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Donington2007
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »

Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34920#34920

he's so good at saying nothing.  rofl does it in interviews too. if you read that with 'lawyer brain' turned on, we still have no idea if its a fan prank. and i know some idiot will answer me saying 'no he clearly said ddgdf dfgdfg dfgdf gdfg, and he says fghf g gf fgh fg h g. but i'm tellin' ya, he said nothing  rofl
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2007, 02:12:40 AM »

Sorry about the wording. Older as in not near finished. The HD ad sounded more finished than this. It's possible this is just a version that the band screwed around with all the times Axl wasn't there. Hell, it could even be leaked because the Pitman mania is reaching new heights these days. Who knows what type of stuff the hoarders got in their vaults.

This sounds cleaner than the initial leak, but the mix is still pretty bad. No way this is the finished work from Mr. Wallace.

I dont think this is finished, but I do think its a lot closer to being finished. From this version, I'd say a little tinkering is still left, plus mastering obviously.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2007, 02:18:45 AM »

Look everyone:

either u like Better or u dont like it.

The song is not gonna sound much different than what we've heard.

If u dont like the vocals,lyrics,melodies or main guitar parts, U arent gonna like it PERIOD!

The final mix will have maybe a different solo, maybe different sounds here and there but essentially what the song is will remain.

So if u dont like it by now, U arent gonna like it.

Disagreed man. I understand what you're saying, "If you don't like Better already you probably won't like it no matter what" but really mixing makes a huge difference. Not to mention that they've likely added parts.

They could still butcher the song.. and they could still make it 4 times better.... it all depends on the mixing.

gnrevolution.com
benchiefjr
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2007, 02:20:46 AM »

Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

he's so good at saying nothing.  rofl does it in interviews too. if you read that with 'lawyer brain' turned on, we still have no idea if its a fan prank. and i know some idiot will answer me saying 'no he clearly said ddgdf dfgdfg dfgdf gdfg, and he says fghf g gf fgh fg h g. but i'm tellin' ya, he said nothing  rofl
no he clearly said ddgdf dfgdfg dfgdf gdfg, he said fghf g gf fgh fg h g.

Wink
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2007, 02:57:19 AM »

I think the new leak sounds much better.  Especially the new intro.

I believe the original blog that posted this -- supposedly it was the single sent out to video directors.  There could be any number of different mixes floating around.  That's kind of Axl's game these days, isn't it?  Doesn't he claim that Oh My God as released (and dismissed) was only a 'demo?'

Personally, the more Pitman he puts in the mix, the better.  Then at least nobody's going to hear the album and say the old guys could have done it better. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2007, 03:13:55 AM »

Fromm BBF:

Isn't it the same when you play unreleased song live to some extent?

Here today...ready to rock
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2007, 03:33:16 AM »

The good thing is that it sounds a lot better with my headphones on.. so I apologize for the bashing of the mix  beer

Damn speakers.. too much bass  Shocked
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »

He wouldn't know whose experiment for sure.
Yeah, i listened to both and there isn't any diference in the words, notes (not kalibration) etc as i hear
Thanks for BBF replies peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
madagas
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2007, 07:34:53 AM »

We need to listen to Bumble when he speaks. He basically told younggunner the album was being mixed in the first email/post of this thread. Bumble don't bullshit. Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2007, 01:32:58 PM »

I think Bumble should stop talkin before he finds himself unemployed.

To me he doesn't have the seniority to be the Spokesman for GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »

excuse me?! what a stupid post! when has bbf claimed to be the official spokesman for GNR? he is a BAND MEMBER, and a wonderful person to the fans, and for him to get criticized by those fans for shooting down rumors and setting things straight, for the better of both the band and us, is despicable.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

He never said he was the spokesperson. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2007, 10:27:22 AM »

LikeI  said,What Leak is he Talking about?
What Leak?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD