Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:46:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regina newspaper review
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regina newspaper review  (Read 5768 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

Legend? The jury is out on that one, but on this rather chilly night in “The City That Rhymes with Fun”

That is hilarious.
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »

Ron THAI  rofl rofl

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »

I am so confused by someone who goes to a show and leaves because of work the next morning...as if that half hour you save leaving the show is going to make or break your day?

Sometimes... If Traffic is a bitch it can make a big difference... I do it once in a while... For GNR? Hell no!

Dude, there aren't 50,000 people at the show.

The venues have been at 50% capacity, traffic should not be a problem.

No, I seriously doubt traffic has ever been a problem in a city like Regina.  However, Saskatchewan is a massive province, and it's more than likely that quite a few people drove several hours to get there.  Ideally you'd want to get a hotel room, but for some that's not economically feasible.  If you're facing a 3-4 hour drive home and you're not sure when the show is going to end, it might make sense to leave when some do.  Moreover, most of the people who left early are probably not your hardcore variety; they saw the hits they wanted to (WTTJ, ISE, MB, KOH, LLD, SCOM) and called it a night.

I remember in 2006 the issue in Toronto was that the subway shuts down around 1:15 for the station near the ACC.  Problem is that the show didn't start till midnight.  A few of my friends stayed as long as they could but couldn't afford the $40-50 cab fair to get home should they miss the last subway.  There are real reasons why people can't party the night away during the middle of the week.  Sucks for them 'cause they're missing out on a fantastic show.

I'm surprised though that people are complaining about a 10:20 start.  I can't remember other than the 2002 MSG show where GNR came on before 10:00.  I'm perfectly happy with any start time that's before 11:00, or even 11:15.  Midnight to me is kind of pushing it, especially since Baz usually finishes his set around 9:30-9:45.

Anyway, I'm excited about next week!

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 10:25:33 PM »

Ron THAI  rofl rofl

hihi rofl hihi

What's UP.. Interview ??

GN'R The Best performance in The History...

ASIA vs CANADA

The Winner Is::

SOUTH AMERICA

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »

"but most certainly during ?November Rain? that I conjured up the hereto unforeseen and unbearable notion that perhaps the 80?s were not so bad after all"

Ha! Ha! I swear the first GN'R live rendition of November rain has been done during the 90's, not the 80's!!!! Roll Eyes

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »

cool review!!  I hope Gun's will come to Texas in the Fall. looks like the Summer dates will be full in Europe!!! beer beer beer
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 02:13:54 AM »

I am so confused by someone who goes to a show and leaves because of work the next morning...as if that half hour you save leaving the show is going to make or break your day?

Sometimes... If Traffic is a bitch it can make a big difference... I do it once in a while... For GNR? Hell no!

I never said it about these shows... I'm speaking in general

People are just plain stupid, man.

Fuck everyone.

I agree!

C'mon, leaving a GnR concert before the end because of work the next day? Don't these people see that they payed for the concert, so they waste as much money by leaving early as they would skipping a day of work? If you go to a GnR concert that's in mid-week, for God's sake take the next day off!

Here in Brazil two of the concerts are in mid-week, and that's no excuse. Everyone knows GNR goes on late and plays a long set. Go to the concert with your head off of what you have to do the next day! I swear I'm gonna call on a booing chorus for anyone leaving early. Losers.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 02:28:44 AM »

I never said it about these shows... I'm speaking in general

People are just plain stupid, man.

Fuck everyone.

I agree!

C'mon, leaving a GnR concert before the end because of work the next day? Don't these people see that they payed for the concert, so they waste as much money by leaving early as they would skipping a day of work? If you go to a GnR concert that's in mid-week, for God's sake take the next day off!

Maybe we're just cheap, LOL
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 03:15:45 AM »

The article is here: http://www.rockstarweekly.com/content/view/1385/204/   , but, i'm curious about this piece.

"The between song banter was minimal at best, with Mr. Rose telling the crowd ?good to be here tonight ? I feel pretty good considering how much tequila I drank last night? Hey wait a minute, TEQUILA, MEXICO? I swear that was him! Axl later informed the crowd that this was his second show of the day, as earlier he did an impromptu performance at a local A&W. Although my sources say it was actually a Taco Time.

Just wondering if anyone knows more about this?,  what did it consist of?, did anyone pull out their phone and tape it for us?, or at an extreme level, surely there's at least the store security footage!  anyone know an employee?   lol!...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

i like the title of the review. "Epic Version Of Guns N' Roses" beer
not only positive the writer, Gary King of RockStar Weekly is much wittier than the regina leaderpost writer.

"but most certainly during ?November Rain? that I conjured up the hereto unforeseen and unbearable notion that perhaps the 80?s were not so bad after all"

Ha! Ha! I swear the first GN'R live rendition of November rain has been done during the 90's, not the 80's!!!! Roll Eyes

i think the tune was played on piano already in 87/8. thats not the point tho.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: