Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework

<< < (72/77) > >>

BurningHills:
Very cool of Axl to take the time to post this.

Hopefully he drops by again sometime soon!

sandman:
we don't know all the details. we don't know what it was like to work with Slash when he was all fucked up on drugs.

and we don't know how it feels to be part of a band that goes on late and walks off stage/cancels shows at times.

Axl may have been frustrated with Slash's drug use and lock of motivation to take the band to the next level.

Slash may have been frustrated about Axl going on late, Axl including a Manson song on the SI without the rest of the bands approval, and having Tobias play on sympathy for the devil without his consent.

LeftToDecay:
"Slash is Antichrist because a tape exists where he plays bluesy hard- rock!!"

Telling " my side of the story" is an inaccurate thing to do by default, atleast  when story is as  long, complex and ugly as the one that tells the tale of crashing and burning of original GNR.

I believe everyone involved believes his version of the  story to be the correct one.

Find two world war II vets, one soldier from the red army and another one from u.s army. Don't stop searching til you find a fanatic all american war eagle yankee fubar guy from south and a blindly devoted Stalin worshipping ex commie from Soviet Union.
Ask them to give general description of what happened in the world between 1939-1945. They were allied, worked together against mutual enemy,had much common interests. Yet, different sides of the story get typed in red color and with exclamation marks. Different sides of the story get underlined or ignored.
The story comes off as 2 completely different versions.
Neither story is nowhere near what a self respecting historian without major agenda would ever per down as " widely accepted truth"
Yet, both vets  would prolly pass lie detection tests.

My super wild guess is that Axl wasn't a band destroying hostage taking sociopath monster Slash paints him out to be, and Slash wasn't orphanage burning powerhungry Antichrist that fires lazers from his eyes Axl paints him out to be. Maybe they were just two too different people with too different goals reacting to massive amounts of fortune and fame in too different ways.

MrMojoRa:
I was more interested in what Axl had to say about his song writing process and the glimpses he gave us regarding future music.  The talk about Soul Monster and the part about Robin's guitar parts in the bag already for the follow-up record were my favorites.

It was nice to see that Axl is in good spirits and is confident about the Chinese Democracy material.

Other than that, I moved past the break-up of the original lineup back in the late 90's.  It was a moot pint for me come 2002- the reamergence of Guns N' Roses.  I fully embraced Velvet Revolver as well.  I can take my favvorite tracks from Contraband and Libertad and make a very listenable rock album.

On this day, December the 18th, I have in my home, in my car, and on my laptop 14 phenominal tracks that make up a record titled Chinese Democracy.  Whatever the events that led to the making and release of this record, I could care less.  Somebody could write a book which listed each problem that occurred between Axl & Slash and then report each of their personal versions of what actually happened, and it wouldn't change anything for me personally.  I'd sit here satisfied that whatever happened, it was for the better for the music that Axl and his new group of musicians created.

I can no longer pick a favorite on this record.  Each song is incredible on its own.  Each song on this record cannot be grouped with any other song in any specific category.  Some days Better is the best.  Some days Shackler......then the next it may be Street of Dreams.  It's crazy, for me anyway, but this record can tap into whatever mood I'm in and blow me away.  Some days I can hear Stinson's bass lines perfectly.  Some days it's the drums.  Different parts of this complex record jump out at me more so than other days.

To say this record is a masterpiece does no justice for it.  A new word needs to be added to the dictionary for Chinese Democracy.

For Axl to stop by and open himself up to us (we who stuck by him all these years) is beyond cool.  I think he recognizes how inspirational he is and I believe he was ready to show his appreciation.  He came here and gave his side of what has occurred.  Yes, it is his side, one side of "the truth".  I appreciate his willingness to open up to us.

The rest is history.

Sweet:
Im so glad Axl made his statement this way, no media involved, just his words strictly directed to us the fans, of course the 'shit throwers' will always follow him everywhere, once some have heard, read and seen for years the same bullshit it could be hard to digest the true.

I think Axl didnt want his words to be 'paraphrased' so he made sure he 'talked' drectly to us.

It would be nice that if Slash, Duff or Matt have anything to say, they would say it directly to us like Axl did not 'undercover' or playing the usual media circus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page