Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Quebec City, PQ Discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quebec City, PQ Discussion  (Read 10078 times)
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 01:41:10 AM »

So cool to finally hear My Michelle!

Maybe they don't speak as much english in Quebec city as in Montreal lol
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 02:03:27 AM »

Maybe they don't speak as much english in Quebec city as in Montreal lol

Guess that would explain there not being that much chatter during the show.  Oh well.  Undecided

Still, another phenomenal setlist!!!
THANKS FOR THE UPDATES JARMO!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:39 AM »

Every one of these concerts has its own unique moments that make them special. I wish i could've gone to more -- or all!-- of them. This band definitely makes you want to keep coming back! You are a lucky dude, Jarmo! Thanks yet again for the updates.  beer

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Hatchepsut
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 03:41:17 AM »

?This I Love?  ? ?Street Of Dreams? ? ?November Rain (Feb Rain here)? . . .  and intro ?Stars Wars ...  Stars Wars!!!  ?   is for this reason and others that you are my favorite band!!
I love you!!    Wink
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 04:13:05 AM »

Another awesome looking set - thanks, Jarmo!

Always great to see Whole Lotta Rosie pop up!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 04:50:36 AM »

He chatted quite a lot at the jp shows tho. I bet keen jp fans learnt more English there than students do from alts in their 9yrs of schooldays.  Lips Sealed  Maybe because being at the launch of the tour he was addressing all the fans in the world not just the crowd for the most part.

Merci beaucoup!

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »

You should get a job with a newspaper writing reviews of these shows.  You already got their 'bitchin about shit just to bitch' schtick down pat.  Roll Eyes

Every time I think that I should check out this board because people might be nicer than I remember, I realize that I was right all along. People can't even make constructive feedback without being tarred with the same brush as critics who are being genuinely unfair. I guess some things never change... Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »

constructive or destructive,
i wouldn't urge people who're already doing their best to try even harder.

Quote from: axl tweet
Bein' on the tail end of a 2 on 1 off n' where rt after w/the size of r show was tough on not just us but the crew w/load in' n' out etc. not taken into consideration by others n' all the bts nonsense across the board 4 months w/all sides. Still w/everyone feelin' like bein' on the wrong end of a beatdown the show went good. (Coulda been a lot worse).

i hope the marathon is not draining him out.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »

constructive or destructive,
i wouldn't urge people who're already doing their best to try even harder.

You might, if it's for their own good. Personally, I don't care when he goes on - I wouldn't complain about it because I expect it - but we're not going to get a successful tour in the US if the band gets bad press for going on late and I don't think it should be construed as mean-spirited negativity if someone points that out. It doesn't help anyone to deny the facts of the situation, and those facts are that people are not going to be as patient with idiosyncratic behavior in 2010 as they were in 1992.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »

reading his tweet, you don't think axl might be well aware of that and already trying hard?

personally i'd rather see some bad press and the band kicking ass like they have been so far than axl/the band being worn out.

management's good tour scheduling would be desirable, perhaps.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »

reading his tweet, you don't think axl might be well aware of that and already trying hard?

I don't think he's trying that hard, no. And I don't care - it's Axl. He's been my favorite rock star for more than 20 years, and part of that is because he doesn't care what other people think (not to mention the music), and also because he's sometimes tragically self-destructive and I feel for him. Of course, I'd rather see him kicking ass. I don't see how going on at 11:30 instead of 10 is enough of a problem that he doesn't mind costing promoters money, though. That's not doing anything for their reputation as professionals, no matter how good the show is.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

And another tour discussion thread gets ruined by useless whining over and over about shit that the band is obviously well aware of. 

NEWS FLASH:  WHINING ABOUT IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE SHIT!!!

It is what it is.  It has been and is continuing to be what it is.  Why?  Because it just is. 

What's really fucking hilarious is the one's doing the most whining always include the obligatory "but it doesn't bother me."   

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »

I don't think he's trying that hard, no. And I don't care - it's Axl. He's been my favorite rock star for more than 20 years, and part of that is because he doesn't care what other people think (not to mention the music), and also because he's sometimes tragically self-destructive and I feel for him. Of course, I'd rather see him kicking ass. I don't see how going on at 11:30 instead of 10 is enough of a problem that he doesn't mind costing promoters money, though. That's not doing anything for their reputation as professionals, no matter how good the show is.

i didn't say he'd try anything for the press. for the crowd yes.
obviously i don't know him as well as you do but
in my eyes he cares about fans a lot. i even think he's the most fan loving rock star.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »

Wow, you just don't get it at all.  Not even remotely close to getting it.

It's unfortunate, but the fact of the matter is that the late starts do affect some people's ability to judge the show for the performances.  Not everyone will be pleased despite the band's best efforts, but to say that some of the backlash from the late starts can't be minimized from going on closer to the 10:15-10:30 p.m. time the band was going on at towards the start of the tour is just plain inaccurate.  To simply dismiss this point by calling it whining is just ridiculous.  The reason why it is even brought up is because the fact of the matter is that it isn't reasonable to expect that most people in attendance are as patient and understanding as those of us on this board and others who are familiar with the band's history.

Ali
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »

Hey you guys!

I was at the Qu?bec show last night.  Check out my review!

http://www.gnrwar.com/reviews.html

Evita

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:08 PM »

Thanks for sharing Evita!!!  Glad you had a great time.  ok

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

Hey you guys!

Evita

It sounds like you had a great time.  I hope they hit the States sooner rather than later.  I can't wait to see them.

Ali
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »

And another tour discussion thread gets ruined by useless whining over and over about shit that the band is obviously well aware of. 

NEWS FLASH:  WHINING ABOUT IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE SHIT!!!

It is what it is.  It has been and is continuing to be what it is.  Why?  Because it just is. 

What's really fucking hilarious is the one's doing the most whining always include the obligatory "but it doesn't bother me."   

Actually, the thread was ruined by your semi-literate response to the original comment when a civil discussion stating your opinion would have been completely appropriate. I'm thrilled that the band is playing shows, and I think that the clips sound amazing. I'm worried that he's beating up his voice, but so far, he's been amazingly able to control the level of grit, so whatever. I just want them to do well.

You, on the other hand, can get bent.  Smiley
Jacaranda
Headliner

Think Big 'sti

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

it was a excellant show last night !!!  ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »

Hey you guys!

Evita

funny that people in Quebec never heard of canada's own bubbles/ trailer park boys while jimmy page from england is a big fan.  rofl

Wow, you just don't get it at all.  Not even remotely close to getting it.

Ali

are you talking to me? Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: