Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "....Officially Shelved"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "....Officially Shelved"  (Read 8904 times)
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: April 06, 2004, 08:18:15 AM »

I doubt the author knows too much, but since I'm labled a "hater" I thought I'd post this bit of interesting "gossip"

Over at Blistering.Com, they have a review for the "Greatest" Hits - [its in quotes because any true gunner knows that this is a cop out release and wouldn't waste their time buying it].

I digress,  anyhow, in the review the author mentions something like "with Chinese Democracy being officially shelved".

I know this  flys in the face of what Axl says, but well Axl also said Chinese Democracy started in 2000.  LOL.  I'm just spreading the info.  Feel free to flog me if you wish.

A TRUE GUNNER - brash and fiery and out

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 09:10:34 AM »

Feel free to flog me if you wish.

Why thank you!

Axl thinks Chinese Democracy will be out soon.

Axl is the only person that knows the truth

Therefore i will go with what he says

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 09:16:15 AM »

QUOTE ("2001")
DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

QUOTE ("Gnronline.com 2002")
Guns N' Roses will go back into studio immediately following the aforementioned dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming ?Chinese Democracy? album.

QUOTE ("Axl @ 2002")
It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

QUOTE ("Axl Rose @ 2004")
In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

yeah... axl has been pretty sure on a lot of things over the past years that have turned out so well...

Chinese Democracy!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 09:25:49 AM »

QUOTE ("2001")
DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Guns N' Roses will go back into studio immediately following the aforementioned dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming ?Chinese Democracy? album.

QUOTE ("Axl @ 2002")
It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

yeah... axl has been pretty sure on a lot of things over the past years that have turned out so well...

How the fuck is he supposed to get anything done if mebers of his band keep vanishing? Axl may have been speaking the truth in each of those quotes only for Buckethead or one of those other clowns to screw things up.

If ur so convinced the album will never come out why bother to check this site?

The album could take another 10 years an i wouldn't care. Its the quality of the music i'm intrested in. If its good then who cares how long is taken?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kockstar99
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 10:35:27 AM »

I belive the singer of the band over a tidbit in a review at blistering.com
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 11:16:53 AM »

hey, i believe in Axl, i only pointed out that he may be saying one thing, but if you assume its gonna happen... well, things change all the time, and in this band is hard to see whats goin to happen next.
but if i'm around. i'm a believer. i also think Axl had every intention of releasing the album before. but... someone is always out to get him..

Chinese Democracy!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 12:29:26 PM »

QUOTE ("2001")

QUOTE ("Axl @ 2002")

How the fuck is he supposed to get anything done if mebers of his band keep vanishing? Axl may have been speaking the truth in each of those quotes only for Buckethead or one of those other clowns to screw things up.

If ur so convinced the album will never come out why bother to check this site?

The album could take another 10 years an i wouldn't care. Its the quality of the music i'm intrested in. If its good then who cares how long is taken?

If I remember correctly, Axl chose all his bandmembers. So if he chose guys he can't trust in, it's Axl's fault. And I don't remember which member left in 2001... Well, Paul left/was fired (who knows, Axl didn't tell us) but he was only a rythm guitarist whose parts are easy to rerecord if needed. Had Axl released the album years before, Buckethead would be still a member of GN'R. Noone can believe that making an album (or 3 ha-ha!) takes 11 years.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kockstar99
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 12:32:50 PM »

this is stupid.... ooo blistering.com said its "shelved" fucking come on..... get real....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 01:06:12 PM »

If I remember correctly, Axl chose all his bandmembers. So if he chose guys he can't trust in, it's Axl's fault.

Yes and thus he is responsible. But as a general rule u don't expect someone ur paying well to just vanish......

And I don't remember which member left in 2001...

But wait!

Well, Paul left/was fired

there's ur answer. Jose Freese left in 2000 and Robin left and returned in 1999

but he was only a rythm guitarist whose parts are easy to rerecord if needed.

just like Izzy was only a rythmn guitarist.....

Had Axl released the album years before, Buckethead would be still a member of GN'R.

Not if Buckethead was the reason for the delays.......

Noone can believe that making an album (or 3 ha-ha!) takes 11 years.

Well there'a always a first time......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 01:19:36 PM »

You guys kill me. LOL.

All I said was what one web site had mentioned.  JUST ONE.  I EVEN SAID IT CONTRADICTS what Axl has mentioned (well mentioned this year - thanks meanbone).

If anyone here likes anything other than Axl's peter up their ass, and listens to other music, knows that Blistering is a pretty decent site.  I think their someway involved with Revolver.  So that should lend some creedence to this site.  Anyhow, I was just wondering if this author maybe has overheard something or what not.  

I'm out.

Crash Diet the best GNR song.    And it was never released.

BTW, how many people are registered to this site?

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 01:22:34 PM »

BTW, how many people are registered to this site?

We're catching up on mygnr.com!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kockstar99
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 03:46:29 PM »

So that should lend some creedence to this site.  
Not really...its just a rumor

Anyhow, I was just wondering if this author maybe has overheard something or what not.  

email them and ask...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 04:13:26 PM »

This rumor should be "officially shelved." We'll know when we know, if we ever know. thank you, come again.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 04:44:48 PM »

Mysteron... Any news at the front?

Hopefully you'll be able to give us an update soon.

N ! 3 |(
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 05:09:54 PM »

If I remember correctly, Axl chose all his bandmembers. So if he chose guys he can't trust in, it's Axl's fault.

Yes and thus he is responsible. But as a general rule u don't expect someone ur paying well to just vanish......

And I don't remember which member left in 2001...

But wait!

Well, Paul left/was fired

there's ur answer. Jose Freese left in 2000 and Robin left and returned in 1999

but he was only a rythm guitarist whose parts are easy to rerecord if needed.

just like Izzy was only a rythmn guitarist.....

Had Axl released the album years before, Buckethead would be still a member of GN'R.

Not if Buckethead was the reason for the delays.......

Noone can believe that making an album (or 3 ha-ha!) takes 11 years.

Well there'a always a first time......

Josh Freese left, because 'the album was ready but Axl just didn't release it'. Finck left for 'being tired working on instrumentals', 'cause the band recorded a lot. I think Axl fear of releasing the album, so sometimes works on it a bit, then not for weeks, while the bandmembers are hangin' around in their house playin Nintendo or making solo records.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Dizzy
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »

How the fuck is he supposed to get anything done if mebers of his band keep vanishing?  

Ever think that it could be the other way around?  Maybe members keep vanishing because they are frustrated that Axl can't get anything done even with them there.  As long as Buckethead has been with Axl, they should've been able to finish and release one damn album for crying out loud.  It isn't like he quit after a couple months.  He was with them for what, four damn years?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 04:13:33 PM »

How the fuck is he supposed to get anything done if mebers of his band keep vanishing?  

Ever think that it could be the other way around?  Maybe members keep vanishing because they are frustrated that Axl can't get anything done even with them there.  As long as Buckethead has been with Axl, they should've been able to finish and release one damn album for crying out loud.  It isn't like he quit after a couple months.  He was with them for what, four damn years?

I know, i know

But i'm tired of all the negativity in the GNR world. If we can't get an album we can atleast put a positive slant on it all.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: