Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Guns n' Roses to Reunite" Article  (Read 20438 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 02:26:32 AM »

Chinese Dem , I mean , the reunion starts now!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO AND FUCKIN NO!!!!! There WILL NEVER be a reunion or so we can all hope, it would suck plus slash is a dick. This is the biggest pos article ever axl never even mentiond or hinted about a reunion or anything to do with one. So i guess he can talk to any old members or it means theres a reunion coming. VR is happy in their shit band adler snorting and shooting somewhere and Axl is making one kick ass fucking cd and going to tour again with the new and kick ass band!

that's a pretty narrow minded comment... So vr sucks, adler's a dick/druggie and axl's the man making an album you never even heard which is great without a listen.. Hey bud at least these people are out and about doing wha the fuck they want regardless of what you think... ok

This whole comment to me is something a kid would say, gnr fan but hates the members of gnr..  yeah bullshit yourself all you want that axl made the best album ever, that he is gnr and that nio one else mattered or matters.. That dick you mentioned did every killer solo on afd lies UYI 1-2, tsi so please stop acting like a little whiney kid only thinking of himself.. This is a gnr board, that consists of past present and future so everyone wants something...

I never visit the queen boards or zepplin, I wonder if they hate their guitar players like this?? The guys deserve to do whatever they want and again hopefully one day (after cd) they come back together... If you listen to 5 songs from axl only then you aren't really a gnr fan
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 02:48:05 AM »

Great post, Mike. I also dont understand these guys who think they must insult ex members to show their undying loyalty to Axl. I will be first in line to say I dont like Contraband, and I make the ocassional joke about it, but I would never go as far as insulting former members or calling into question their integrity. Its absurd the lengths some of these people will go to.  What does it matter if ex members are out touring and doing albums, or one of them has sucked dick in the past for drugs? As long as these guys are happy with where they are in life now, that is what should matter the most.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

I ahve to agree big on this point, , I want GNR as now to break all boundries, reach the highest hieghts, but as mike did and others, I grew up with the origional band, and that band played a tremedous part of the background music of my life. Im not a fan of VR, but Im not gonna go so far and disrespect what GNR was , all the players played a huge part........now there are new players, who I admire tremendously and love what they bring.

If thiere was a day that all origional decided to get on stage again, I would sell my mother and father to if need be for a tix.lol..ok jk maybe not that far. BUt my point is I want to expierience this era . As I have come fond of the players.

Down the line, at the end of the day, yrs from now and GNR today adn Axl puts out kick ass music. For me it would be nice to see if just for one night those 5 people that started this jauganaut play again without hatred or animosity, but jus to fuckin play!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 04:05:44 AM »

I would rather Axl stick to his guns (no pun intended) with what he is doing now..

A reunion would mean that people would remember Axl's new band as something he played around with before regrouping the original line up and make all his current work insignificant.

I'd rather "Axl went his own direction and continued to make music with his new band" rather than "Axl had a stint with a new line up before regrouping the original band".
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 04:32:22 AM »

Great post, Mike. I also dont understand these guys who think they must insult ex members to show their undying loyalty to Axl. I will be first in line to say I dont like Contraband, and I make the ocassional joke about it, but I would never go as far as insulting former members or calling into question their integrity. Its absurd the lengths some of these people will go to.? What does it matter if ex members are out touring and doing albums, or one of them has sucked dick in the past for drugs? As long as these guys are happy with where they are in life now, that is what should matter the most.

Very true Mike and James
These cats that diss on Slash (the man that gave us those unforgettable solos that are every bit as important to GNR of old as Axls wail) are clueless

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 05:00:14 AM »

I would rather Axl stick to his guns (no pun intended) with what he is doing now..

A reunion would mean that people would remember Axl's new band as something he played around with before regrouping the original line up and make all his current work insignificant.

I'd rather "Axl went his own direction and continued to make music with his new band" rather than "Axl had a stint with a new line up before regrouping the original band".

I say my coment more in the one off, thing, hell I would love 10 yrs from now, have every ember that played a crital part in Guns , be on stage together for a 5 guitar, dueling druns, keys bonaza, now wouldnt that be sweet.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 07:33:08 AM »

The wild rocker, who still fronts the band with a changed line-up, has refused to rule out getting the original band back together again.
He said: "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years.

good interpretation rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 11:13:51 AM »

I respect all of you. I do. But sometimes, some of you say things that make me think you just see things very 2D. A lot are talking about growing up with GNR and the impact they made on you. I feel that. GNR felt to me like something the Rock gods created just for me. I always felt that it was so fucking weird that they got the mass love from so many millions of other because they were so personal to me. GNR meant everything to me. When they disbanded I got way fucked up even though I always half expected them to, and with how they lost there way during the UYI tours, I was also half happy they did to.

As time went by, I grew to except things they way they are, and the way things I have no control over have come to pass. I grew to dig the shit out of Buckethead, and in that, I started missing the old band less and less, and looked forward to Chinese Democracy with the fresh new GNR paint-job more and more.

I look forward to the future and not some fake gathering for nostalgic sake. If I want nostalgia, I'll play some old classic Nintendo game, Kung Fu flick, or monster movie. Or how about this idea. I will play Appetite and smile because of how fucking awesome it still is. But those guys who put it together was fucking masterpiece for the time. For the time. But the music they made are timeless. But now I look forward to new music from this GNR more than hearing yesterdays ones. Life is too short for me to live for nostalgic sake. Fuck that shit.

GNR belongs to people who want it the most. And who want to give us what could be a much bigger and cutting edge sound. Maybe that's it. GNR was always cutting edge. GNR, as it was with the old lineup is no longer that, and can never be that. It ( a reunion) is for those who are desperately trying to relive what maybe is the best times of their life. I like to think that the best times are ahead of me. Maybe some of you should too.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »

Budda that was a great post, felt the same way ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 11:37:38 AM »

Yeah Buddha, a wonderful post. beer

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 12:45:23 PM »

a TRUE post ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone thinks Megadeth are really Megadeth, and at what point were they not? 'Deth has less original members than GNR, only Dave mustaine of this line up has been on any previous album (at least Dizzy has played with UYI) But noone seems to care, i think it's coz GNR has changed all at once, rather than bit by bit like megadeth. (Incidentally, I think they're still viable, but it was a shame when Ellefson left, he was a tie to the good ol' days. My fave lineup was mustaine ellefson menza friedman. Anyone else?) Not TOO GNR, sorry, but I thought it was relevant, who can you change, and how many?
Brahman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 01:21:05 PM »

guns n roses reunite??
sad but true  ...When hell freezes over!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »

The best gift to a GNR fan would definitely be a reunion....
I would prefer a reunion instead of C.D., but of course a new album...  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

For a true music fan,
Chinese Democracy will be it.

Buddha, good posts. The best times are ahead of us!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 02:13:34 PM »

I would prefer a reunion instead of C.D., but of course a new album...? peace

The best gift for a GNR fan would be to get what he want... in your and many others case, a reunion. In my case and many others the new GNR ball start rolling, CD, tour and stuff.. I would even be happy just for a new song..

Im not on this or that side.. But i really do belive in Axl, and the worked he have layed down in this band! It would be sad to not be able to listen to that
stuff, even if a reunion with the old guys was the roadblock.

But i guess im realistic when i say, that there MAY be a reunion sometime in the future.. But i really want the preset guys to blow us away with great music before we start taling about any kind of reunion..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »

I should have said... The best gift to the original GNR line-up fans would be a reunion.

By the way Chinese democracy, true music? Well who knows that lets wait and see.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:27:50 PM by ?Carlos - GMS! » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone thinks Megadeth are really Megadeth, and at what point were they not? 'Deth has less original members than GNR, only Dave mustaine of this line up has been on any previous album (at least Dizzy has played with UYI) But noone seems to care, i think it's coz GNR has changed all at once, rather than bit by bit like megadeth. (Incidentally, I think they're still viable, but it was a shame when Ellefson left, he was a tie to the good ol' days. My fave lineup was mustaine ellefson menza friedman. Anyone else?) Not TOO GNR, sorry, but I thought it was relevant, who can you change, and how many?

Let me tell you this I only follow a few bands so close that I know more members then just the famous ones.. I only know dave mustaine fronts megadeth but have a few of the albums but am clueless to who is in or out... I think the name of a  band and what they are only matter to true fans, ... That is what say gnr is to me,... A band I follow religiously since afd and the guys themselves..
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2006, 03:24:46 AM »

I respect all of you. I do. But sometimes, some of you say things that make me think you just see things very 2D. A lot are talking about growing up with GNR and the impact they made on you. I feel that. GNR felt to me like something the Rock gods created just for me. I always felt that it was so fucking weird that they got the mass love from so many millions of other because they were so personal to me. GNR meant everything to me. When they disbanded I got way fucked up even though I always half expected them to, and with how they lost there way during the UYI tours, I was also half happy they did to.

As time went by, I grew to except things they way they are, and the way things I have no control over have come to pass. I grew to dig the shit out of Buckethead, and in that, I started missing the old band less and less, and looked forward to Chinese Democracy with the fresh new GNR paint-job more and more.

I look forward to the future and not some fake gathering for nostalgic sake. If I want nostalgia, I'll play some old classic Nintendo game, Kung Fu flick, or monster movie. Or how about this idea. I will play Appetite and smile because of how fucking awesome it still is. But those guys who put it together was fucking masterpiece for the time. For the time. But the music they made are timeless. But now I look forward to new music from this GNR more than hearing yesterdays ones. Life is too short for me to live for nostalgic sake. Fuck that shit.

GNR belongs to people who want it the most. And who want to give us what could be a much bigger and cutting edge sound. Maybe that's it. GNR was always cutting edge. GNR, as it was with the old lineup is no longer that, and can never be that. It ( a reunion) is for those who are desperately trying to relive what maybe is the best times of their life. I like to think that the best times are ahead of me. Maybe some of you should too.

dont agree with everything, but a great post for sure  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2006, 07:49:35 AM »

If you search today in google news "guns n roses", you'll get quite a lot of articles with the title "gnr to reunite", "axl talks of a reunion...", etc etc. It's just very bad journalism.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: