Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Age of Gnr fans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Gnr fans  (Read 10513 times)
SADIS
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »

I'm 26 years old and got into GnR when I was only 10 years old and my parents took me took a record store and let me pick out an album for myself. I chose AFD since I had the Paradise City single (on vinyl that is).....and I kept on staring at the photo on the back since I did not get why they looked so wasted....I know better now.. beer
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2006, 10:21:52 AM »

17 here

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 10:28:32 AM »

To all the people 30 and older on this thread-

Wasnt it unbelievable how big GNR was in the late 80s (forget the UYI stuff, even though that sold big time, the band just didnt have the same kind of media exposure as the late 80s)? I remember the first time I saw them - in 88 opening for Aerosmith- they had a HUGE buzz in the industry and among young people at the time were checking them out on that tour, THEY were the big attraction. Aerosmith was viewed as an "oldies" band (!) that was enjoying a popular comeback. When LIES came out, I remember  how people viewed it as a tease, and were hungry for a new album soon (if we only knew then what we know now!).

When "LIES" came out, the band was at its height- fresh off AFD, GNR was EVERYWHERE. They were as big as any 'pop" band at the time.

I am trying to think of a band of recent note that would compare today in that kind of popularity, but as an old fart, I dont know- maybe Coldplay is that popular today?

And this is not a knock on the younger fans - its YOU folks that are going to have (and will)  to buy CD to make it a big hit. If it werent for the younger fans like the ones on this board, GNR would simply be an interesting nostalgia item to my generation, who for the most part like listening to boring shit (I dont) and probably dont have a huge interest in CD at this time.

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »

so far I have all of you beat!! I'm 40.? They were so apart of my life, my partying days before settling down.? I think they are probably more a part of my life now though.

I know who beats you !!!
I'm sure to know the oldest member of this board, a friend of mine who turns 46 this february 6th and leads a little known rock band. He's for sure member of this community. But I can't tell you his name. And don't beg for me to give you my source.  hihi

//JK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: