Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Axl's War Quote"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Axl's War Quote"  (Read 29836 times)
gnrlies
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 14, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »

Hey everyone

This has been killing me for ages cos ive wanted to watch this show but cant remember which one it is. I own the bootleg, but dont want to sift through every show to find it.

Anyway, its where axl rants on about the war in the middle east would have been the iraq/kuwait conflict. It was in the use your illusion era, and I think he said it as an intro to civil war (i think but may be wrong).

But he says something like:

"We all hate war, but if you dont support our troops when we are over there then you are a fucking idiot" or something like that.
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »

Indiana 1991.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 08:45:21 AM »

That's very clever...just remember, that support was for a very popular and necessary war.   yes

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Axl is a smart man and we won't be hearing him alienate large segments of the listening public by him taking sides when it comes to any current conflicts.  Wink   Until about 80 to 90% of the public are either for or against the war, we won't hear any public statements.    peace   peace   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gnrlies
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:24:04 AM »

Indiana 1991.

Thank you so much...

After about an hour of trying to get my DVD player to work, I got my 2 minute fix of axl and right wing common sense
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:35:36 AM »

I believe Axl's wording was:

"There's a war going on.... [something].... but I think you'd be a fuckin' asshole, not to fuckin' root for our SIDE!"

To huge cheers.

Axl has become older, wiser. More reflective. He's not the angry, young polarized white man anymore.

Which is great.

There is no DOUBT in my mind where he stands on the current Iraq war, or American politics in general for that matter.

That doesn't mean he doesn't support all the men and women over there getting blown to bits.

/RF

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »

There is no DOUBT in my mind where he stands on the current Iraq war, or American politics in general for that matter.

How can you know this?  I've never heard him say or been quoted saying anything about the war or politics (at least since 1993).  Did I miss some info??  It's pretty well known that he's a Republican and a huge fan of guys like Arnold, so I can't see where you can say this with such certainty. 
guns_n_motley
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »

"war what is it good for"?? Grin hihi
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »

Charity.. Axl is *not* a Republican. Trust me on this  Wink

He's friends with Ah-nuld, yeah.

Think T2 and End of Days. And that old pic of Axl + Izzy's place with a poster of the Austrian Steroid Oak on the wall.

Politics...  to each his own.

All cool.

peace

kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »

I believe Axl's wording was:

"There's a war going on.... [something].... but I think you'd be a fuckin' asshole, not to fuckin' root for our SIDE!"

To huge cheers.

Axl has become older, wiser. More reflective. He's not the angry, young polarized white man anymore.
 i like the way you putted it, really like it!!!
Which is great.

That doesn't mean he doesn't support all the men and women over there getting blown to bits.

/RF

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 10:31:49 AM »

i liked the way you putted it, really liked it!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »

Hey everyone

This has been killing me for ages cos ive wanted to watch this show but cant remember which one it is. I own the bootleg, but dont want to sift through every show to find it.

Anyway, its where axl rants on about the war in the middle east would have been the iraq/kuwait conflict. It was in the use your illusion era, and I think he said it as an intro to civil war (i think but may be wrong).

"We all hate war, but if you dont support our troops when we are over there then you are a fucking idiot" or something like that.

Axl have never said something like that,that he support some troops...
axl talking about war in rio 91,but never said "suport" someone

if he soported ocupation troops,that was stupid for him

I have never seen so many tree
anythinggoes
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »

Indianapolis May 27th 1991 just after Civil War

"That song was dedicated to all the military here tonight"..............."i think that anybody in their right mind, anybody that has a brain at all, wasnt too excited with the concept of going to war, but once we was in it i think you was a fucking asshole not to fucking route for our side .... i met all these people (Impression) I don't think we should be having this war..... Well its too late asshole."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:40:01 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
gnrlies
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

Hey everyone

Axl have never said something like that,that he support some troops...
axl talking about war in rio 91,but never said "suport" someone

if he soported ocupation troops,that was stupid for him

What are you talking about? Numerous posts on this thread have confirmed that he did say something synonomous with supporting the troops overseas....
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 11:48:26 AM »

Don't try to impose your political bias on to anyone.  Nothing pisses me off more than when a celebrity goes on a rant in a public venue on their political stance.  Axl's a rock star, not a political scientist.  He's welcome to his views, just as everyone else, but he does an outstanding job of keeping them seperate from his work.  I love seeing liberals coming here saying that they're sure Axl has a certain stance without an ounce of proof to back it up.  If you really care to know what his beliefs are, look at some of his hobbies and statements from the past.  If you were going to make an educated guess on his views (which is all you can really do), he'd probably be a libertarian.  But why should you care what his political beleifs are?  Even if he was against or for the war in Iraq, would that somehow add any creedence to the argument?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »

I like the fact Axl doesn't rant about his political views. Everyone has a right to their own opinion on this and I hate artists who cram their political agenda down their audiences throat. People go to a concert to see the performer's art and music, not to be preached to on what they should think about a certain issue.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

Regarding political views, read I, Axl Part 2 where he talks about AIDS, medicine, "Everyone has got a God-given right to health, and it's being denied by power-hungry, greedy people who want control."
I've never heard a republican say that, but then again you never know. ?He also said at one point years ago that he never voted, because it was a choice between the lesser of two evils. ?
Other than that, I don't think Axl's expressed his political views much at all. ?He's never publicly backed a candidate, he didn't get involved in the rock the vote campaign... ?Either he thinks that kind of information is private (which some do) or he doesn't feel his celebrity gives him license the get up on a soap box and declare his political views. ?Either way, it's probably best for him not to. ?He's kind of been a polarizing figure as it is. ?He can't even scream "Do you know where the fuck you are?!!" at the VMAs without people choosing sides as to was that right or wrong of him to do. ?God help him if he publicly backed a candidate.
gnrlies
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »

Don't try to impose your political bias on to anyone.? Nothing pisses me off more than when a celebrity goes on a rant in a public venue on their political stance.? Axl's a rock star, not a political scientist.? He's welcome to his views, just as everyone else, but he does an outstanding job of keeping them seperate from his work.? I love seeing liberals coming here saying that they're sure Axl has a certain stance without an ounce of proof to back it up.? If you really care to know what his beliefs are, look at some of his hobbies and statements from the past.? If you were going to make an educated guess on his views (which is all you can really do), he'd probably be a libertarian.? But why should you care what his political beleifs are?? Even if he was against or for the war in Iraq, would that somehow add any creedence to the argument?

I agree that musicians shouldn't go about politicising their music. I hate Chris Martin, and Bono to death for that very reason.

What I do believe howevor, is that its part of axl's charm to be so against the grain (as he is / was with everything else) that he would say something with a bit of bite rather than regurgitating the same old rubbish - as though there some kind of "greenpeace manual for musicians" floating about.

In anycase I dont think that this quote is all that political. For one he didn't even really get into the political side of the war (except to say that no-one in their right mind wants war), he said something that every single person in the USA (which doesn't include me as I dont live there) should think - which is of course that you need to support the troops who have dedicated themselves to their country. Its not really all that controversial.....

Nonetheless, I got no idea what axl's political persuasion is as of 2006, howevor I think he definately had a Ted Nugent / Republican vibe when he said that.... But of course that was 15 years ago...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 12:48:56 PM »

/RF

Do you also know the last time he took a shit???!! ?Do you like hang out at his house and get inside information? To say you have no DOUBT is retarded, you are assuming...unless you A. are axl B. know Axl c. know someone who knows axl.....

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 01:07:28 PM »

Don?t be surprised dude, some people talk as if they knew it all about Axl^^

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »

Listen folks, I've been campaigning since 2003 to get Axl on the ballot here in the States...just look at my screen name.   hihi

Seriously, some people here have it right.  Axl has an audience that spans the political spectrum from far right to far left and everything in between.  I think that's pretty damn cool!   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: