Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:57:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How much does Rolling Stone really know about the release date?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much does Rolling Stone really know about the release date?  (Read 1816 times)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« on: November 15, 2006, 07:37:09 PM »

Now, Rolling Stone has always been a pretty reputable magazine. They've always been good to Axl and the GN'R camp in the past. "Get In The Ring" bashed a number of music magazines, but Rolling Stone was not one of them. So here's my theory, though it may get deleted:

What if Rolling Stone was CORRECT about the November 21st release date? Perhaps the magazine was given the information with the stipulation that it not be made known to the general public, yet was leaked unintentionally? Maybe the "inside source" that revealed the information to Rolling Stone was Axl and Merck themselves? Is that not within the realm of possibility?

It would not surprise me at all if the next issue of Rolling Stone featured Axl on the cover, complete with an exclusive, in depth interview by Kurt Loder, and full review of Chinese Democracy.

That's my two cents.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

All your points are valid, but Merck, GNR manager confirmed somewhere that the November 21st date was "the wrong tuesday". Unless it is a cover up of some sort, but it'd seem a bit dumb if they deny it and then the album comes out on the day. I dunno.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »

I think all of the information printed in major publications (such as RS), even the misinformation is contrived.  Lets face it, it keeps people interested-people beyond the message board die-hards, that is.  If nothing was printed no one would care-but even if something is printed that is wrong it still keeps the hope alive.

I am not saying anything negative by this, just that it doesn't just happen for no reason, if that makes any sense.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:50:19 PM »

In the article Merck never said that was the wrong Tuesday. It said that he refused to confirm or deny that date, and then he gave the 10 Tuesday speech......
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »

Merck, GNR manager confirmed somewhere that the November 21st date was "the wrong tuesday". Unless it is a cover up of some sort, but it'd seem a bit dumb if they deny it and then the album comes out on the day. I dunno.

If it comes out next week will you care that he lied? I really doubt I will with CD in my hands  peace

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
ben9785
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »

I think all of the information printed in major publications (such as RS), even the misinformation is contrived.  Lets face it, it keeps people interested-people beyond the message board die-hards, that is.  If nothing was printed no one would care-but even if something is printed that is wrong it still keeps the hope alive.

I am not saying anything negative by this, just that it doesn't just happen for no reason, if that makes any sense.
Yeah, I suppose one article questioning the release date in a major publication would for most old / passer by GNR fans be what equals to endless months of rumours and speculations for us. That one questionable release date and piece of information which non-internet abusing (meant in a loving way) GNR fans would talk about is nothing compared to the never ending rumour / speculation threads about release dates, posts from mysteron etc etc
ben9785
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »

In the article Merck never said that was the wrong Tuesday. It said that he refused to confirm or deny that date, and then he gave the 10 Tuesday speech......
No but I'm sure someone got an email from him or it was posted on a forum somewhere that's what  I meant, not in the actual article. Yes, in the article he just refused to address it
Edward Rose
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »

That's what I thought too. But with everyone here saying he said "Wrong Tuesday," I thought I missed something.

Thanks for the calrification!
ben9785
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »

Merck, GNR manager confirmed somewhere that the November 21st date was "the wrong tuesday". Unless it is a cover up of some sort, but it'd seem a bit dumb if they deny it and then the album comes out on the day. I dunno.

If it comes out next week will you care that he lied? I really doubt I will with CD in my hands  peace
No I won't. I'm just responding to the discussion here now and pointing something out.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 07:57:50 PM »

No but I'm sure someone got an email from him or it was posted on a forum somewhere that's what? I meant, not in the actual article. Yes, in the article he just refused to address it

Well, in all fairness, if it's supposed to be some big surprise, do you think he'd tell Jarmo "Yep, damn, they guessed it"? I don't, and i realize Jarmo has a good relationship w/ the gnr camp, but i still don't think they'd tell him (Jarmo).

With that being said though, i don't really think Nov 21st is the day. ?I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it. I still think that if the cd had been sent to manufacturing, we'd have heard SOMETHING about it.
fixintodie
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:24 PM »

If November 21st was the day, November 17th would be the day in the Netherlands.  Shocked How unlikely does that sound?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 08:00:16 PM »

I think all of the information printed in major publications (such as RS), even the misinformation is contrived.? Lets face it, it keeps people interested-people beyond the message board die-hards, that is.? If nothing was printed no one would care-but even if something is printed that is wrong it still keeps the hope alive.

Yeah, I suppose one article questioning the release date in a major publication would for most old / passer by GNR fans be what equals to endless months of rumours and speculations for us. That one questionable release date and piece of information which non-internet abusing (meant in a loving way) GNR fans would talk about is nothing compared to the never ending rumour / speculation threads about release dates, posts from mysteron etc etc

Right.

RS isn't the National Enquirer. ?I truly believe if they printed information (true or false) they were given permission to do so even if it is just to renew interest by someone who may be a casual fan just reading the magazine. ?Think about it really, nothing concrete was even said. ?It's all a form of promotion in the long run. ?
ben9785
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 08:02:42 PM »

No but I'm sure someone got an email from him or it was posted on a forum somewhere that's what  I meant, not in the actual article. Yes, in the article he just refused to address it

Well, in all fairness, if it's supposed to be some big surprise, do you think he'd tell Jarmo "Yep, damn, they guessed it"? I don't, and i realize Jarmo has a good relationship w/ the gnr camp, but i still don't think they'd tell him (Jarmo).

With that being said though, i don't really think Nov 21st is the day.  I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it. I still think that if the cd had been sent to manufacturing, we'd have heard SOMETHING about it.

I don't. I don't know any of this, I'm just speculating. It'd just be a bit strange if Nov 21st was the day, or if they kept denying whateverparticular day and it ended up coming out then..  "no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not not its not no its OOHHHHH yes it is"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 08:04:15 PM by ben114 » Logged
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »

No but I'm sure someone got an email from him or it was posted on a forum somewhere that's what? I meant, not in the actual article. Yes, in the article he just refused to address it

With that being said though, i don't really think Nov 21st is the day.? I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it. I still think that if the cd had been sent to manufacturing, we'd have heard SOMETHING about it.

I don't. I don't know any of this, I'm just speculating. It'd just be a bit strange if Nov 21st was the day, or if they kept denying a particular day and it ended up coming out then "no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not not its not no its OOHHHHH yes it is"

Yeah, i'm just speculating too. The whole thing is just weird.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 08:07:02 PM »

With that being said though, i don't really think Nov 21st is the day.? I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it. I still think that if the cd had been sent to manufacturing, we'd have heard SOMETHING about it.

I don't. I don't know any of this, I'm just speculating. It'd just be a bit strange if Nov 21st was the day, or if they kept denying a particular day and it ended up coming out then "no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not no its not not its not no its OOHHHHH yes it is"

But who actually denied that was the day? (And no, I am not saying it is.)

In reality no one confirmed it was the day, or any other day for that matter and no one denied it either. ?We are just speculating the meaning of some very vague statements.

Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 09:14:53 PM »

I dont want to seem rude, but why everytime axl is mentioned doing an interview its with kurt Loder... i mean.. other people are going to interview him right?  or does axl have like a talking chinese democracy dog to talk to everyone who is indeed not kurt loder Huh

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »

I can see that happening, I mean lets say RS did guess the right tuesday well of course Axl and Merck are gonna deny it.  That's like guessing the right christmas present that your parents got ya there not gonna say OH YEAH THATS WHAT I GOT YOU there gonna cover it up and say nope that's not it.  It would be just stupid to say Oh YEP that's the date good job rolling stone.  I think we are in for a big surprise.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »

I dont want to seem rude, but why everytime axl is mentioned doing an interview its with kurt Loder... i mean.. other people are going to interview him right?  or does axl have like a talking chinese democracy dog to talk to everyone who is indeed not kurt loder Huh

Kurt Loder has been the one thing that has remained constant on a network that force feeds trends down the youths throats... The others are a bunch of backstabbing assholes that turn on you just to make news.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 09:33:34 PM »

Quote from: Civil Attitude on Today at 09:14:53 PM
I dont want to seem rude, but why everytime axl is mentioned doing an interview its with kurt Loder... i mean.. other people are going to interview him right?  or does axl have like a talking chinese democracy dog to talk to everyone who is indeed not kurt loder

Kurt Loder has been the one thing that has remained constant on a network that force feeds trends down the youths throats... The others are a bunch of backstabbing assholes that turn on you just to make news.

The reason people always think that Kurt "Load"er is going to interview Axl is because he interviewed him in the past.  Us GNR fans have no imagination.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: