Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" single
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" single  (Read 44405 times)
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »

thanks to eagle eyed baits10 for the heads up

".. Better released on 5th jaunary 2009 "

is this the writing on the sticker?? Huh

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »

Better is continuing to climb the airplay charts, seems like the grass roots approach is actually working fairly well at least for the time being

Everyone do your part and request it at your local stations and on the Sirius/XM stations too ok

A video might help a bit but I don't know anyone who actually watches videos except on youtube.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Better is continuing to climb the airplay charts, seems like the grass roots approach is actually working fairly well at least for the time being

Everyone do your part and request it at your local stations and on the Sirius/XM stations too ok

A video might help a bit but I don't know anyone who actually watches videos except on youtube.

All it needs is to make it to VH1 and get pushed for their Top 20 countdown. It helped Kid Rock. It will help this album. The more plays it gets on TV the more it can help.
makane
Legend

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »

YouTube is actually now streaming HD quality video (not high, but HD), so I think it would be pretty good even in there.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2008, 08:35:28 PM »

Would just like to have a video on Comcast On Demand.  I view the "Day that Never Comes" video a couple times a week.  I live about 1/2 way between Philly and Baltimore, and did hear Better on 98Rock (Baltimore) today, but have not heard it on a Philly station yet.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »

KLQ (Grand Rapids, MI) just played "Better" at 7:39 PM!!!!!!!!!! Keep requesting the song on your local rock stations.

The djs up here are really digging Chinese Democracy!!!!
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »

im soooo looking forward to the video for Better. tv rotation is necessary to get the world to notice what an awesome album CD is. Smiley
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2008, 02:27:08 AM »

Well its coming pretty soon !!! can't wait to see the video !!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2008, 07:31:29 AM »

The video theory is right, even though videos aren't what they used to be in the glory days of MTIV/VH1 and pre-Internet immediacy, the impact would still prove helpful for maintaining hardcore fan interest and appealing to new fans, and regaining their spot in the public, American conscience.
I remember when SCOM video came out everyone was mesmerized by their "ultimate rock band image." Gnr have always been just as much about the perfect rock n roll image as the perfect rock n roll sound. Very rarely does a band have the perfect image to back up bad ass rock music, Gnr did. Most bands today focus on the image and how they are perceived in the media, but their music either sucks or is mediocre at best. The bad ass image of Gnr was reinforced by the bad ass music everyone was hearing on the radio. The two were a perfect match. Everyone was like, "Finally, a band that looks right and sounds right." A lot of bands had a good sound, but didn't look right, etc.

The new lineup needs to reintroduce themselves to the masses. They, like the old lineup, just have a "rock n roll look" about them that the general public could easily fall in love with all over again.  The masses need to see that Gnr is  a real band. They need to see Axl smiling and having fun, some live footage of the guys joking, laughing, smiling, visiting cities, touring the world, drinking Cokes, smoking cigarettes, picking guitars, warming up for shows,  doing sound tests in stadiums, hanging out with girlfriends/wives/dogs, signing autographs, wearing rock T shirts, getting off of airplanes, etc. The masses will see their close bond, band unity, and above all, friendship. Hell, the new band has 8-9 years of live footage that would be perfect for a reintroduction video. Part of the reason the masses fell in love with the old band is because their videos gave them the since that Gnr was a "pack of good ol boys" making amazing rock music together.

The masses need to see a happy, confident Axl. An Axl who has a "band" and not just some hired musicians. Like it or hate, image was always a part of the Gnr package, so a video is necessary.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:38:38 AM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2008, 03:46:36 AM »

It's the most requested new rock song on 97.9X in Wilkes-Barre, PA!  ok

http://www.979x.com/Article.asp?id=573248&pollid=22436&iframe=

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2008, 04:13:29 AM »

you're doing all the requesting, huh?  hihi j/k! you know i love ya  Kiss

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2008, 05:33:24 AM »

sweet, cant wait till the video comes out for it Cheesy

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:37 PM »

Even if people don't watch videos anymore I think a new Guns N' Roses video would be novel enough to get some attention. This is such a great beautiful catchy hard rocking song that I would be stunned if it doesn't catch on.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

forgot how awesome this performance was!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mnB5ieF4s1o

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Chief
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »

Very good post... we need to get this out there if only to show the band off to the masses!

The video theory is right, even though videos aren't what they used to be in the glory days of MTIV/VH1 and pre-Internet immediacy, the impact would still prove helpful for maintaining hardcore fan interest and appealing to new fans, and regaining their spot in the public, American conscience.
I remember when SCOM video came out everyone was mesmerized by their "ultimate rock band image." Gnr have always been just as much about the perfect rock n roll image as the perfect rock n roll sound. Very rarely does a band have the perfect image to back up bad ass rock music, Gnr did. Most bands today focus on the image and how they are perceived in the media, but their music either sucks or is mediocre at best. The bad ass image of Gnr was reinforced by the bad ass music everyone was hearing on the radio. The two were a perfect match. Everyone was like, "Finally, a band that looks right and sounds right." A lot of bands had a good sound, but didn't look right, etc.

The new lineup needs to reintroduce themselves to the masses. They, like the old lineup, just have a "rock n roll look" about them that the general public could easily fall in love with all over again.  The masses need to see that Gnr is  a real band. They need to see Axl smiling and having fun, some live footage of the guys joking, laughing, smiling, visiting cities, touring the world, drinking Cokes, smoking cigarettes, picking guitars, warming up for shows,  doing sound tests in stadiums, hanging out with girlfriends/wives/dogs, signing autographs, wearing rock T shirts, getting off of airplanes, etc. The masses will see their close bond, band unity, and above all, friendship. Hell, the new band has 8-9 years of live footage that would be perfect for a reintroduction video. Part of the reason the masses fell in love with the old band is because their videos gave them the since that Gnr was a "pack of good ol boys" making amazing rock music together.

The masses need to see a happy, confident Axl. An Axl who has a "band" and not just some hired musicians. Like it or hate, image was always a part of the Gnr package, so a video is necessary.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: