Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" single
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" single  (Read 45177 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »

If its getting played on radio 1 then it will probably be added to the next playlist update.

cd was on there for fucking ages! at least a month on the b list - not exactly a radio 1 friendly track either lol!

better should go down well, everyone i know that has the album digs better - men and women alike. even people who have bad feeling about axl and it not being real gnr etc... they still like the song.

fingers crossed it takes off - a simple video would help this album no end.

after better, they must push the big guns - til, prostitute, twat, sorry, scraped...... great songs!

I agree, it seems like everyone does love Better!   I coach college baseball and two years ago I played the leaked version of Better in a van on a road trip.  The few guys in the van liked it so much that they wanted a copy.  Within two weeks, it was blaring in their locker room before and after games with pretty much everyone liking it.  Pretty cool that it appeals to the college crowd!!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »

Just checked Radioandrecords.com

...that site keeps track of how many spins each song is getting at Radio. CD is falling hard in every format (Rock, Active Rock, and Alternative). No Alternative stations have picked up Better and it only gained 13 plays nationwide in Active Rock.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »

I quiet like the edit I just heard from the radio1 iplayer! If this song's gonna get uk radio play, I think it stands a better chance now.
Although, I suppose this could always have been an edit that radio 1 did? And not be an official edit....?

When Sweet child is played on radio 2 or local commerical radio, the radio edit still gets played as opposed to album track. Its very rare that you'll ever hear a track over 4 mins and it does seem to be that stations are more reluctant to play tracks over 4mins.

Back In Power
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »

Interesting hearing an edited version of it!!
For anyone that missed it on radio 1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00fqkll   (it's about 57 mins into show).

May I ask what the edited version sounded like?  What was taken out?  Just wondering.  I hate when songs are edited, but I realize why they do it, oh well.

I still think Better is the best song off of CD when it comes to broad "cross-demographics" appeal.  That's not a shot at the song either, because it's a kick-ass song no doubt.   peace 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »

you get about 2 bars of the riffing mid8 before axl starts the screaming/shouting vocals.
Then it cuts straight into the "All that I wanted was...now i know you better" bit before fink's solo
The outro is edited slightly as well - the "ah's" aren't set up before the final verse kicks in.
Its actually quite a good edit as edits go imho - the song flows without the synth breakdown (which i was never too keen on) and shouty lyrics (which i loved but can understand why they were removed as they might 'scare' some more casual listeners off)

hope that helps...

Back In Power
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »

This week's chart positions:

ACTIVE ROCK:

8 GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY
    BLACK FROG/GEFFEN/INTERSCOPE

31 GUNS N' ROSES BETTER

- "Better" was one of the most added songs of the week yet again for active rock with 5 new stations reporting.

ROCK:

5 GUNS N' ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY

23  GUNS N' ROSES BETTER

- "Better" was also again one of the most added songs for the rock format as well, with 3 new stations reporting.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Chief
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »

But do you think they bought the album?  you should remind them....  Smiley

If its getting played on radio 1 then it will probably be added to the next playlist update.

cd was on there for fucking ages! at least a month on the b list - not exactly a radio 1 friendly track either lol!

better should go down well, everyone i know that has the album digs better - men and women alike. even people who have bad feeling about axl and it not being real gnr etc... they still like the song.

after better, they must push the big guns - til, prostitute, twat, sorry, scraped...... great songs!

I agree, it seems like everyone does love Better!   I coach college baseball and two years ago I played the leaked version of Better in a van on a road trip.  The few guys in the van liked it so much that they wanted a copy.  Within two weeks, it was blaring in their locker room before and after games with pretty much everyone liking it.  Pretty cool that it appeals to the college crowd!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »

In order for Better to have a decent chance of becoming big, UMG is going to have to push it.  The radio plays what the major labels want them to

There are definitely grassroots hits once in a while that come without any major label push but they're not the norm, especially not nowadays

UMG already got $14 million from Best Buy so they don't have much incentive to pour promo money into this project anymore, at least in the US
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »

I think it was Wednesday night when I got off from work, I got into my truck and turn the radio on and Better was jamming on the local radio station.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »

god dam I hate the radio stations here in Australia,
triple m dont even play it, and they are meant to be thee rock station in sydney,
what a joke.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GeraldFord
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »

WAAF in Boston has been giving "Better" some spins.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2008, 06:56:59 PM »

Where is  the video ?!

AXL the video is cool just say okay an release the fuckin video.... !

Please. Cheesy

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
sandman
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »

on 93.3 WMMR in philly, they have not really been playing Better that i've noticed.

But CD remains in their regular rotation, and they continue to play the old hits as well.

and kinda interesting is that late night they occasionally other tracks from the album. they played TWAT last night during the 11pm hour, and they played Catcher this morning during the 4am hour.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »

But do you think they bought the album?  you should remind them....  Smiley

A couple of them probably have.  But for more people to buy this album, Axl is going to have to perform some of the songs on some shows (Grammy's, late night, etc) in my opinion.  That shit sells!!!!     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Chief
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2008, 10:14:18 PM »

Have you tried calling them and requesting it?

triple m dont even play it, and they are meant to be thee rock station in sydney,
what a joke.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »

Have you tried calling them and requesting it?

what a joke.

yeh , and quiet a few people in melbourne the other night rang up triple m and requested it , and they send they'll play it in the next 10 minutes,
2 hours later and still nothing..
oh well

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »

30    25       GUNS N' ROSES    Better    Geffen/Interscope    494    357    137

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=255613

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »

I guess there's a rumor going around that the GnR camp scraped(no pun intended) the idea of a music video.  Can we get a offical word ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2008, 04:00:49 PM »

my sister says she thinks she heard it on the radio in michigan.  not sure of the station, or if it was even played.  she described the song to me and said it kinda sounded like axl. 

hell yeah!  i getting updates that a radio station has played the new gnr single!
Cocktail Swagger
Opening Act

Melody Inside Of Me, Still Searches 4 A Solution

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »

I guess there's a rumor going around that the GnR camp scraped(no pun intended) the idea of a music video.  Can we get a offical word ?

Wouldn't that be Scrapped? I heard that as well though. Makes perfect sense. Who needs promotion at a time like this.

THIS MELODY INSIDE OF ME, STILL SEARCHES FOR A SOLUTION
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: