Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.  (Read 64585 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »

I heard it for the first time on my station.

Yeah I heard it on the radio for the first (and only) time a few days ago.

I heard it on 97.7 HTZ FM.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

Better is played frequently on Sirius/XM Octane.  However, it didn't make the weekly countdown this week.  Let's change that for next week.  Go here to vote. 

http://www.sirius.com/octane

Click on "Request A Song" on the right hand side

I've also heard them play "Scraped" and "Shackler's Revenge" over the last few weeks.  But I think since "Better" is the current single that should be our main focus.  So request away.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »

I've been hearing it alot lately there too ! good o'l sirius.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009, 01:38:42 AM »

has anyone in Australia heard it yet on the radio? Huh Huh

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2009, 01:50:13 AM »

These stupids radio stations dont play the new material here in SouthFlorida!....I get frustrated cuz they play just these new bands music and some AFD and UYI songs, I would love to hear Better in the radio   smoking
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2009, 02:35:59 AM »

These stupids radio stations dont play the new material here in SouthFlorida!....I get frustrated cuz they play just these new bands music and some AFD and UYI songs, I would love to hear Better in the radio   smoking

They don't play 'em here in Tampa either.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2009, 08:10:38 AM »

I heard 'Street of Dreams' on the radio at the end of last year, with my band listening in, who aren't huge GN'R fans. Well, not the new line-up. They were amazed...

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
monkeyboy32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »

maybe i have a lousy radio station but i've not heard it where I live and have requested it and they say that its not officially released yet
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

has anyone in Australia heard it yet on the radio? Huh Huh

Nope

Heard CD a few times early and thats it, it was played as novelty value alone unfortunately. Ive burnt CD for a few mates who had no interest initially, and those friends suprisingly to me think the album is 'awesome' and have told theyre friends to buy it.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »

As a side note.

The friends I burnt the CD for all queried why he albums artwork was so poor and lyrics wrong.

I unfortunately told them ( I should know better by now....sigh) that a new version would be released shortly with new artwork and correct lyrics.....all were very eager to buy this.

Hopefully this 'official' version will be released soon, as im sure many people would buy it ( I personally feel a little ripped off having to buy the same album twice) but guess im in the minority here though.

In Australia I would say the only thing gaining Major steam is Pink......we have a large ' bogan' population
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2009, 11:29:53 AM »

As a side note.

The friends I burnt the CD for all queried why he albums artwork was so poor and lyrics wrong.

I unfortunately told them ( I should know better by now....sigh) that a new version would be released shortly with new artwork and correct lyrics.....all were very eager to buy this.

Hopefully this 'official' version will be released soon, as im sure many people would buy it ( I personally feel a little ripped off having to buy the same album twice) but guess im in the minority here though.

In Australia I would say the only thing gaining Major steam is Pink......we have a large ' bogan' population
I don't know if SOON is the word.  I wouldn't expect it out until the Best Buy deal expires in late May at the earliest.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »

well axl said in a week or so...

All this expectation of a massive push for CD after the best buy deal expires is pure speculation by people who cant accept that CD's promotion was so piss poor....I hope to God ur right but the proof is ??

I only gave my friends this info based on the indications given. They all love the D which is the main thing though. Im glad thy didnt purchase it if a legit CD does come out though
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:40:58 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

Absolutely it's pure speculation.  Nobody knows for sure.  We're all well aware that things work slowly in the land of GNR, but on the same line things can turn on a dime.  We're usually not given too much of a warning, which leads to all the speculation.

On the one hand people think there's some rift between GNR and Best Buy and that's why there's been no promotion by the band, but there's really no proof to that that I'm aware of.  If there is something to that, then it would make sense to wait to re-issue until after the exclusive.  If there is no truth to that, then it would make sense to re-issue before the exclusive ends to help Best Buy maximize on their investment.  After all, they helped GNR a great deal in this process by shelling out the dough, it's really the least the band could do to show their appreciation.  Waiting until afterwards would be a slap in the face in my eyes.

Then again, a re-issue could also never come to fruition.  What you see, might be what you get.  Like you said, all is pure speculation, which is often the case.  But that is great news your friends liked what they heard.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:54:56 AM by faldor » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »

On the one hand people think there's some rift between GNR and Best Buy and that's why there's been no promotion by the band, but there's really no proof to that that I'm aware of. 

Best Buy's promotion has been very limited.

Judging by their in store displays, they do the same stuff for some popular DVDs.

Universal Music hasn't done a lot either.

It's like a tripod and I guess they expect one leg (Axl/GN'R) to do everything. It's no wonder they're waiting with the promotion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »

On the one hand people think there's some rift between GNR and Best Buy and that's why there's been no promotion by the band, but there's really no proof to that that I'm aware of. 

Judging by their in store displays, they do the same stuff for some popular DVDs.

It's like a tripod and I guess they expect one leg (Axl/GN'R) to do everything. It's no wonder they're waiting with the promotion.

/jarmo

I find the fact that the record has even done as well as it has to be amazing in the face of all the obsticles you mentioned.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »

I find the fact that the record has even done as well as it has to be amazing in the face of all the obsticles you mentioned.

Definitely.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »

fans can do the forth leg.

I don't hate slow and steady as it will win the race eventually.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »

/jarmo

i agree.  its' all a matter of how you look at it.  to me, chinese democracy is a smash, considering how certain forces tried to tear it down and ruin it.  it's still sold MILLIONS of copies worldwide, and has plenty of time to become a runaway blockbuster in the us because the video hasn't been released, axl has yet to unleash the media blitz, a legendary tour is just about to start and it's possible that the label will even be rereleasing the album with a CORRECTED booklet and amazing new art.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »

The album is doing very well for almost zero promotion.

Any other album of a legendary band that just 'appears' in stores with a few billboards wouldn't be able to hold up as well at all.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »

I heard Better played in Best Buy today.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: