Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  question.....how many people have saved GNR??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: question.....how many people have saved GNR??  (Read 2303 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« on: August 01, 2006, 08:29:47 AM »

You hear axl saying "with out this guy there would be no more GNR"

exactly who has??

i remember him sayin matt, paul tobais and finck have saved them

but you know, how have they saved them??i mean matt and paul werent exactly in GNR that long, and could have found someone else!!!

finck has now fitted in, but if he were to leave i think he could be replaced easilly (not doubting his abilitys or bashing him) ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

IMO Finck leaving would be the worst possible thing that could happen to this band.   He is the main lead guitar player and what he brings to the stage and to the studio is priceless.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:00:45 AM »

IMO Finck leaving would be the worst possible thing that could happen to this band.? ?He is the main lead guitar player and what he brings to the stage and to the studio is priceless.

he does seem to have fit in more now, but nobody is irreplaceable

do you think or anybody think if finck left it would be the end of GNR?

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:03:16 AM »

even axl got replaced at wembley.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »

IMO Finck leaving would be the worst possible thing that could happen to this band.? ?He is the main lead guitar player and what he brings to the stage and to the studio is priceless.

Right now Finck is the least replacable person. Everything he has done for the band is amazing, especially on this last tour. Finck has won the hearts of the GNR fans. Right now I see Finck, Tommy, and Axl at the core of this band.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:20:57 AM »

IMO Finck leaving would be the worst possible thing that could happen to this band.   He is the main lead guitar player and what he brings to the stage and to the studio is priceless.
I agree 100% with your first sentence. Finck's departure this late in the game would set back the album years. Hell, it might never get released if Finck(or Stinson) were to abandon the project.

madagas
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 09:24:10 AM »

It might never get released if Finck/Stinson are in the project. Everybody is replaceable except Axl. This assumes Axl uses quality musicians. peace
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 09:24:18 AM »

You hear axl saying "with out this guy there would be no more GNR"

exactly who has??

i remember him sayin matt, paul tobais and finck have saved them

but you know, how have they saved them??i mean matt and paul werent exactly in GNR that long, and could have found someone else!!!

finck has now fitted in, but if he were to leave i think he could be replaced easilly (not doubting his abilitys or bashing him) ok

Paul Tobias was a friend of Axl back in the early days check the thank yous on Appetite under Paul Huge.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

It might never get released if Finck/Stinson are in the project. Everybody is replaceable except Axl. This assumes Axl uses quality musicians. peace

Im intrigued - would you explain a little further?
madagas
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 09:33:40 AM »

Tomorrows, there are no guarantees with this band-period. I don't have any inside info but when you take 8 years to put together 32 songs....one has to wonder. Undecided
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 09:35:27 AM »

Tomorrows, there are no guarantees with this band-period. I don't have any inside info but when you take 8 years to put together 32 songs....one has to wonder. Undecided

only 8??there was talks of it coming out in 97 at one point im sure i read somewhere

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 09:41:06 AM »

NO!, and Ill tell ya why!

Backin the day, with the origional liine up(and I was thier for it ), things were always so much more  anxiety ridden, you think and so many suppose and blame axl for shit, pathetic!

Some of the early shows were riddled with plain ol bad musicianship, and Chaos. But then again it was the 80s , it as cool to be fucked uped!, it was cool to nthrow up your middle finger to everyone!, it was cool to be badass, and not give a fuck!

During the illusion tour, things started to chage, some mebers felt the same way to do shit like they did, if anyone really looks back and ses the rants for what they are and were , they were at the bandmates,

And yes listen to alot of the rants backin the days, they are vield with rants from axl getting pissed off at his bandmates.

AS yrs went on, axl wanted it to work do differnt things, created a bigger sound, add some more intrumentation (which btw was something erly on he wanted to do) DIZZY woulda been in the band from the get go if not for an injury)..

EGOS became inflated and outta control near the end of the illusions tour, and getting to bussiness on the NEW CD(LP) turned out to be a fucked uped expierience............hensce the yrs of turmoile. and breakdowns, and ultimatly band members being replaced .

Egos felt they coulnt be relplaced and in the days of thier addictions stood by that

And Axl kept goin, undoubltly hurt and saddened, yet always a lion, at heart determined to carry on.

NOt to say he isnt human , and can be fragile and hurt , far from it. Look at 2002, !

Yes he felt uncomfotable , hell looke uncomfortable in hindsight, like when performing, it looked like jsut goin thru the motions thing to me, at MSG, even though I thought it was a great show, vocally and musically, but the band was not connected.

THen you get get these lawsuits, how convienient after all tehse yrs, after the others decide hey lets clean up and form a new band, and some jackass lawyer decides or convinces them lets sue axl lets fuck him!

Ultimatly , obviously all that shit is gone .

BUT , as someone who really foloowed this band from the begining, I think I know what the hell Im talkin about.

What has happend durng this tour , is that the band as it is now has really come together, and really supported each other, internally and externally, and with help from friends . At crucial moments.An I have a feeling old wounds with the others will mend , or are in that process.

BUT GNR is what is is now and will be. AXL, DIZZY, RICHARD, TOMMY, CHRIS, FINCK,BRAIN, or maybe FRANk, !

Bottom line is I think repect has come aobuty all the members of GNR,  from the origional line up to totodays line up.I thinkn that Izzy being around playing , shows that !

I think that the rest , really do want axl to succeed, and have become mature enough and adults , who have realised the past can be a birdge to the future if done right.

If you woulda asked me 2 yrs ago if I thought the old members would ever get to gether again Id say hell no!

BUT , I feel that after 3 albums from this incarnation, and mega touring, Axl will have letout what he wanted. And Its gonna be a success!.

" freed of all the chains"

ITS gonna be one hella of a party when GNR get inducted to the RNR hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!

SUE ME IF I POSTED TO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

SUCK ON THAT!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »

even axl got replaced at wembley.

Good point.

And in response to the thread-title, GN'R won't be saved until the release of....well, you get the idea.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »

NO!, and Ill tell ya why!

Backin the day, with the origional liine up(and I was thier for it ), things were always so much more? anxiety ridden, you think and so many suppose and blame axl for shit, pathetic!

Some of the early shows were riddled with plain ol bad musicianship, and Chaos. But then again it was the 80s , it as cool to be fucked uped!, it was cool to nthrow up your middle finger to everyone!, it was cool to be badass, and not give a fuck!

During the illusion tour, things started to chage, some mebers felt the same way to do shit like they did, if anyone really looks back and ses the rants for what they are and were , they were at the bandmates,

And yes listen to alot of the rants backin the days, they are vield with rants from axl getting pissed off at his bandmates.

AS yrs went on, axl wanted it to work do differnt things, created a bigger sound, add some more intrumentation (which btw was something erly on he wanted to do) DIZZY woulda been in the band from the get go if not for an injury)..

EGOS became inflated and outta control near the end of the illusions tour, and getting to bussiness on the NEW CD(LP) turned out to be a fucked uped expierience............hensce the yrs of turmoile. and breakdowns, and ultimatly band members being replaced .

Egos felt they coulnt be relplaced and in the days of thier addictions stood by that

And Axl kept goin, undoubltly hurt and saddened, yet always a lion, at heart determined to carry on.

NOt to say he isnt human , and can be fragile and hurt , far from it. Look at 2002, !

Yes he felt uncomfotable , hell looke uncomfortable in hindsight, like when performing, it looked like jsut goin thru the motions thing to me, at MSG, even though I thought it was a great show, vocally and musically, but the band was not connected.

THen you get get these lawsuits, how convienient after all tehse yrs, after the others decide hey lets clean up and form a new band, and some jackass lawyer decides or convinces them lets sue axl lets fuck him!

Ultimatly , obviously all that shit is gone .

BUT , as someone who really foloowed this band from the begining, I think I know what the hell Im talkin about.

What has happend durng this tour , is that the band as it is now has really come together, and really supported each other, internally and externally, and with help from friends . At crucial moments.An I have a feeling old wounds with the others will mend , or are in that process.

BUT GNR is what is is now and will be. AXL, DIZZY, RICHARD, TOMMY, CHRIS, FINCK,BRAIN, or maybe FRANk, !

Bottom line is I think repect has come aobuty all the members of GNR,? from the origional line up to totodays line up.I thinkn that Izzy being around playing , shows that !

I think that the rest , really do want axl to succeed, and have become mature enough and adults , who have realised the past can be a birdge to the future if done right.

If you woulda asked me 2 yrs ago if I thought the old members would ever get to gether again Id say hell no!

BUT , I feel that after 3 albums from this incarnation, and mega touring, Axl will have letout what he wanted. And Its gonna be a success!.

" freed of all the chains"

ITS gonna be one hella of a party when GNR get inducted to the RNR hall of fame!!!!!!!!!!!

SUE ME IF I POSTED TO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

SUCK ON THAT!

cool post ok

philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:51:24 AM »

16?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »

16?

16 what??years ??it has been 15/16 since their last studio oringal album, but give them time to write first mate  ok

madagas
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 10:08:19 AM »

Slash, I just used 8 years since that is when the all new band (Finck/Stinson et al) began recording together. 1997/early 98 was the last of Duff, Matt, Slash etc. Now, Axl and "GNR" HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER A RECORD SINCE 1994.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

Right now Finck is the least replacable person. Everything he has done for the band is amazing, especially on this last tour. Finck has won the hearts of the GNR fans. Right now I see Finck, Tommy, and Axl at the core of this band.

Can I ask what he has done for the band?

Fish
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »

16?

16 what??years ??it has been 15/16 since their last studio oringal album, but give them time to write first mate? ok
no. that was my guess for how many people have saved gnr. i take it i wasnt correct. was i close? whats the answer?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 10:53:17 AM »

Ulitmatelyu it comesdown to 1 in reality.! AXl. cause if he didnt activly try to keep the spirit of the band and progression of the band, ass many people have come and gone , ther wouldbe no GNR,  the members that have now been there for 10+ yrs absolutly helped , and friends, but truth is its been Axl that saved and kept GNR.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: