Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42049 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »

Why did my post get deleted?Huh It's Guns N' Roses related!! rant

Your post wasn't deleted.  One of the mods moved it to the thread that already existed on the topic.

Isn't this the post you're referring to?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66031.msg1372949#msg1372949

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »

Yeah, always check for a move first.

And entire chain of conversation is sometimes moved en masse, and christened with a new title about the topic that it was about (which was likely a deviation from the thread it originated from in here).

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:15 AM »

Put yourself in my spot.  When you ask why the only parts of your posts that are ever quoted by someone are the obvious points of contention, which will inevitably lead to fights, don't you start to figure that's the only interaction they want?

Compound that with asking why nothing you say that is not the least bit controversial gets quoted, some of it flat out positive by any objective standard.  Then to be told that's because its all part of some deep cover op, as you are a sleeper cell agent here to push your hateful agenda.

GyspySoul, GeorgeSteele, Ali, yourself...we have all been on opposite sides of stuff.  None of you have ever come back at me that way. 

Some do.  They tend to get different responses.  I take what the defense gives me.  And based on what I've seen, its what they want from me.

Put yourself in my spot. Somebody posts a message with something positive, but the eye catching part is the twisted facts, the lies or the general contempt for the band. Now, do I congratulate the person for posting something positive such as "I like this song" or ask them to clarify their bullshit comments?

None of this ever registers with these people. Because they want to be able to say what they want, have people think they know stuff without being asked to back up anything they spew. But if you do, they post something like this about how somebody is out to pick fights with them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »

"General contempt for the band" is a bit hyperbolic.  Come on now.

No one with "general contempt for the band" even posts here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »

"General contempt for the band" is a bit hyperbolic.  Come on now.

No one with "general contempt for the band" even posts here.

I was talking about posts, not persons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »

Why did my post get deleted?Huh It's Guns N' Roses related!! rant

Your post wasn't deleted.  One of the mods moved it to the thread that already existed on the topic.

Isn't this the post you're referring to?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66031.msg1372949#msg1372949

Ok. Sorry about that then. I don't go to the other sections. I only go to the main section and VR. That's it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »

I dont know if it will ever happen, but I would love to hear some of the unreleased recordings from the CD album recordings released in some way...   Dosnt have to be a tradtional 12 track album release either, mb just a 6 track downloadable version or something....   I would also love for it to be untouched...  By this I mean, who ever wrote the music at the time, (i.e robin, paul, bucket, etc  whoever...) leave there original stuff in...   

I have just started listening to CD after giving it a bit of shelf time and I am really getting into a lot of the work put into it and I would love to hear more of the same, by the same people.   I am not a fan of every song on the album, but damn a lot of the tracks have some major legs and are still holding up years later, if not even sounding better in a day in age like now where there is little to no good guitar rock albums out there.   There are some tracks on CD that I have new found respect for the guitar work on and melodys.   Great stuff and I would love to hear more of this music from the time it was written.

I will also give Axl some props as well.  As much as people like to bust his balls for whatever reason.  He sure has a great ear for good guitar work and what a guns album should sound like.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »

I have just started listening to CD after giving it a bit of shelf time and I am really getting into a lot of the work put into it and I would love to hear more of the same, by the same people.   I am not a fan of every song on the album, but damn a lot of the tracks have some major legs and are still holding up years later, if not even sounding better in a day in age like now where there is little to no good guitar rock albums out there.   There are some tracks on CD that I have new found respect for the guitar work on and melodys.   Great stuff and I would love to hear more of this music from the time it was written.

I've done something similar.

I still listen to GNR pretty faithfully.  But to be honest, it was most UYI era bootleg concerts.

But after posting here for a year, and all the talk about the current state of affairs, I put CD back in the rotation.  I've tried to put some of the newer bootlegs in the rotation too, but Axl just sounds godawful on some of them.  But still, I've shifted my focus more towards present day.

I also found myself being more impressed with the guitar work on CD than I recalled.  You get a lot out of that album listening via headphones.  Lot of layers there.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »

I've done something similar.

I still listen to GNR pretty faithfully.  But to be honest, it was most UYI era bootleg concerts.

But after posting here for a year, and all the talk about the current state of affairs, I put CD back in the rotation.  I've tried to put some of the newer bootlegs in the rotation too, but Axl just sounds godawful on some of them.  But still, I've shifted my focus more towards present day.

I also found myself being more impressed with the guitar work on CD than I recalled.  You get a lot out of that album listening via headphones.  Lot of layers there.

I don't think I have actually ever listened to the album via headphones and will have to give that a shot my next time at the gym or flying.   Only time I really use head phones.

I don't know if I ever shifted as a fan, but just kept loving and following the band.   I find this present time to be a fan the most frustrating though.  With the lack of no new music, with what seems like zero road blocks in the way and no group writing sessions that I know of.   However, I am a big fan of watching them play live and hope to see more of that and the blue ray just released is actually pretty bad ass as well. Seemed they filmed Anton of stuff for years and it's nice to finally see something.  I would like more.   But I am happy with this

My bootlegs consist of a lot of 02-06 stuff.    Just my preference and all time fav line up of guns around these times. Just wish there was more 02 shows out there.   Oh well
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

"I also found myself being more impressed with the guitar work on CD than I recalled.  You get a lot out of that album listening via headphones.  Lot of layers there." DX

You definitely got that right. Also sounds awesome on surround sound in my small room with the speakers down on the wood floor.

I'm starting to see a lot of "CD has really grown on me" type comments these days. I think that says something about CD.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2014, 09:42:37 PM »

"I also found myself being more impressed with the guitar work on CD than I recalled.  You get a lot out of that album listening via headphones.  Lot of layers there." DX

You definitely got that right. Also sounds awesome on surround sound in my small room with the speakers down on the wood floor.

I'm starting to see a lot of "CD has really grown on me" type comments these days. I think that says something about CD.

With more exposure to the music on cd and the already recoded unreleased songs you will gain more mainstream success. 
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:08 PM »

Yes, perhaps you are right. I think the more exposure the better because the music really is great.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2014, 11:19:57 PM »

Yes, perhaps you are right. I think the more exposure the better because the music really is great.

lol well personally I would prefer less exposure and the band to play smaller gigs, I like them better..  However, I want more material released!!!!!!  And with that in and with itself will gain the band more exposure...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »

I remember thinking that the album is pretty guitar oriented when it was released and how amazing that was. Considered its reputation for being something else like industrial.

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »

I remember thinking that the album is pretty guitar oriented when it was released and how amazing that was. Considered its reputation for being something else like industrial.

/jarmo

Well I was expectting it to be somewhat more industrial than it was.   I guess I jused based this on comments made by Axl himself, past members, current members, producers etc....

I didnt give CD enough time when it first came out to appreate the pure great guitar tracks on it.  It really was only by seeing the band live, watching bootlegs and actually reading these forum boards over the years that I started to give it more of a listen.  And I am sure glad I did, as years later I am still grooving out to some of the tunes on it.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »

/jarmo

I Thinking:

Rock Progressive & Experimental

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: