Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?  (Read 13492 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: April 13, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »

Finck, Ron, Tommy, Pitman, etc?

Tommy is a gnr member since 1998! Love Duff, of course, but as a fan that always did support Axl, I like all the members he brought to the band. And I like Tommy.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »

Always annoyed me greatly.

Like being in Guns N' Roses wasn't an honor or something. Always came off very unofficial and very half-assed. They were great players, but the lack of notification always bugged me.

Like Robin is in, Robin is out, Robin is in... Bucket is in, BUcket is out... just got old ya know.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »

I don't let it annoy me because I doubt that even with an "official statement" we would get the whole story/truth.

I'm a big fan of Tommy's too.  I believe his "statement" was that he left GNR due to 'personal issues'.  Obviously, we should respect his or anyone's right to privacy especially concerning personal matters.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't listen if he wanted to go into detail.

On the flip side, some of the speculation/rumors as to why certain people are no longer in the band are way way way better stories than the truth could ever be!!!  Tongue

Then there are those who are out that I couldn't care less why.  Good bye and good riddance. wave

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 06:58:08 PM »

It used to. 

Until I made my peace with the fact they just suck at this part of the business.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:59:02 PM »

Of course Slash and Duff signed a contract now. Will you guys face them storming out like Finck, Ron, Tommy and Pitman without any statement?  Huh
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:01:04 PM by RnT » Logged

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »

Of course Slash and Duff signed a contract now. Will you guys face them storming out without any statement like Finck, Ron, Tommy and Pitman?  Huh

Yup.  No problem with no statement.

Again, the rumors/speculation would probably be way way way better stories than the truth!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RnT
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

Of course Slash and Duff signed a contract now. Will you guys face them storming out without any statement like Finck, Ron, Tommy and Pitman?  Huh

Yup.  No problem with no statement.

Again, the rumors/speculation would probably be way way way better stories than the truth!

so... why not the truth to the fans?

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 07:14:10 PM »

May be a contractual thing they signed
zeta2Reticuli
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 07:26:14 PM »

Well, we can see for ourselves who is in the band and who isn't. Things can always change of course.

Personally I had a good chuckle at Pitman being unceremoniously chucked out the band, with no statement. It seemed like a fitting end to his time in GnR. "Sub-bass" indeed....😂😂😂
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »

Because we GNR fans are infamous for NOT believing the truth even when they do give it to us.  We ALWAYS KNOW there's something more they're NOT telling us.

Sometimes the truth is boring.  And we as GNR fans will have no part of boring!

Take the situation with Izzy for example.  Izzy himself created a twitter account to "officially announce" he was not going to be part of the April GNR shows.  It was/is our duty as GNR fans to rip that tweet apart and decipher word for word what he means by that!  (that is of course after we finish fighting over whether or not it is actually Izzy who owns that account)

So let's say the "whole truth" of the matter is that Izzy is just going to show up if/when he feels like it.  Would an "official statement" from management stating that stop the speculation that is currently on going?  I don't think so.  We would all continue to speculate the REAL reason Izzy isn't at the shows he's not at.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 07:31:13 PM »

We would all continue to speculate the REAL reason Izzy isn't at the shows he's not at.

My money is on the Illuminati stopping him  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »

Know what?  Gypsy is right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 07:36:34 PM »

Because we GNR fans are infamous for NOT believing the truth even when they do give it to us.  We ALWAYS KNOW there's something more they're NOT telling us.

Sometimes the truth is boring.  And we as GNR fans will have no part of boring!

Take the situation with Izzy for example.  Izzy himself created a twitter account to "officially announce" he was not going to be part of the April GNR shows.  It was/is our duty as GNR fans to rip that tweet apart and decipher word for word what he means by that!  (that is of course after we finish fighting over whether or not it is actually Izzy who owns that account)

So let's say the "whole truth" of the matter is that Izzy is just going to show up if/when he feels like it.  Would an "official statement" from management stating that stop the speculation that is currently on going?  I don't think so.  We would all continue to speculate the REAL reason Izzy isn't at the shows he's not at.

Well, Izzy is not in the band...
Finck, Tommy, Pitman, Ron were in the band

I?m not asking GNR to make a statement about Tracii Guns, you know what I mean...

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »

I just have no time for when they stay so tight lipped, then complain about misinformation and supposition.

Don't like it?  Speak the hell up.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »

I?m not asking GNR to make a statement about Tracii Guns, you know what I mean...

IMO it's all the same.  Whatever statement is given, we the fans are not going to believe it's the entire story.

Can you name one official statement by GNR that wasn't picked apart by the fans?

We would all continue to speculate the REAL reason Izzy isn't at the shows he's not at.

Damn you Jay Z and Beyonc?!!!  crying

RnT
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 07:47:37 PM »

IMO it's all the same.  Whatever statement is given, we the fans are not going to believe it's the entire story.

Can you name one official statement by GNR that wasn't picked apart by the fans?

Damn you Jay Z and Beyonc?!!!  crying

Forget about we hardcore fans about a minute. What the rest of the world knows about them leaving the band?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »

Forget about we hardcore fans about a minute. What the rest of the world knows about them leaving the band?
Who gives a fuck what the rest of the world knows or doesn't know about band members exits?  GNR isn't telling us hardcore fans.  Why would they explain things to the casual fans?

75% of those casual fans don't know Slash hasn't been in the band these past 20+ years anyways.

And the fans who haven't followed the CD-era GNR because Slash wasn't a part of it are just thrilled he's rejoined and couldn't care less why the others left.  No need for any official statements on the exists for them.  And an official statement as to the circumstances of Slash rejoining is totally unnecessary for them too because, as you can read for yourself in other threads, these fans know it's because Axl couldn't sing vintage without him!  No official statement needed!!!

I just have no time for when they stay so tight lipped, then complain about misinformation and supposition.

Don't like it?  Speak the hell up.

I think it's a misconception by most of us that they are tight lipped then complain about the speculation.

I find that when they are tight lipped about something, they stay tight lipped.

It seems when they do on rare occasions address a rumor, it's to set the record straight.... which we fans of course will never believe is the entire story.

And 'round and 'round we go!

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »

I can totally understand certain aspects of information not being released. There is many reasons for it.

But... in defending GNR management, or anyone who makes a statement when they leave... they get cut to shreds anyway. Look at DJ.. ive never been a fan of his on the stage, i dont think hes a particularly good lead guitarist for GNR and i dont like his style either. BUT... all in all he was loyal to Axl and he helped Axl through the last period, he left... made what i thought a very good statement on his intentions.. and then got cut to fucking shreds by people on here calling him out and saying he was this that and the other.

Take that situation.. and then take the opposite of Bumblefoot saying nothing.. and you still get the same result. People bitching about what they didnt get.. or accusing someone of having an agenda or whatever..... No-one wins either way.

And its the same on different topics around here... in another thread we have someone trying to start a petition FFS to get Axl to play songs out of a band that has nothing to do with GNR on behalf of a singer that he died that hasnt exactly had a great past relationship with.

I tend to think GNR fans will never be happy.. and thats coming from someone who was called a whinger by this sites owner for the last 18 months.

Just be happy with what we are getting and what have got.. we dont have to know everything about everything.. or have everything we want.

Too much over-analysing for me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:43:20 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 09:45:35 PM »

I am with you on that. For once, we all should chill and enjoy the ride.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:41 AM »

^I third that motion. Coachella's just around the corner!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: