Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?  (Read 13491 times)
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »

Interviews are bound to come sooner or later ? I believe many things will be cleared up there.

Hell has frozen over.
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »

Nope! I like surprises  Smiley
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:09 AM »

Interviews are bound to come sooner or later ? I believe many things will be cleared up there.

They all may do interviews but I have my doubts anyone will actually say anything of substance. 

And whatever is said will be picked apart by the fans.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »

They all may do interviews but I have my doubts anyone will actually say anything of substance. 

And whatever is said will be picked apart by the fans.

Actually, at this point I can?t imagine Axl or Slash or Duff saying something that wouldn?t be of substance.

Hell has frozen over.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »

Actually, at this point I can?t imagine Axl or Slash or Duff saying something that wouldn?t be of substance.
Like what?

Do you actually think anyone would talk truthfully about new songs or what material will be on the next released album?

Let's say for example that the real reason Izzy isn't doing these shows is because as RUMORED, it's a dispute over money.  Do you really think that anyone is going to admit that officially?

What if the truth of why this rejoining happened was the result of one of the RUMORED speculations of a connection to Slash's divorce.  Do you really think anyone is going to say that officially?

What if Chris' absence is only temporary and he rejoins the band in June?  Do you really think anyone would officially say:  Chris said bad things on twitter so we had to put him in a time-out.

I don't think there's anything of substance they would address. 

Most of us want to hear them address all the gossipy/rumored/speculation stuff anyways and I doubt we'll ever get or believe those real stories.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »

Like what?

Do you actually think anyone would talk truthfully about new songs or what material will be on the next released album?

Let's say for example that the real reason Izzy isn't doing these shows is because as RUMORED, it's a dispute over money.  Do you really think that anyone is going to admit that officially?

What if the truth of why this rejoining happened was the result of one of the RUMORED speculations of a connection to Slash's divorce.  Do you really think anyone is going to say that officially?

What if Chris' absence is only temporary and he rejoins the band in June?  Do you really think anyone would officially say:  Chris said bad things on twitter so we had to put him in a time-out.

I don't think there's anything of substance they would address. 

Most of us want to hear them address all the gossipy/rumored/speculation stuff anyways and I doubt we'll ever get or believe those real stories.

I believe when Axl does decide to do an interview once in a while ? and I don?t mean the tabloid Jimmy Kimmel type ?, he often says a lot of stuff we previously had no idea about.

We may not get too many details about possible new music being worked on, but they could reveal at least something. ("Are you working on anything at all currently?")

If Izzy?s reasons were money (which I also highly doubt), they could at least give us a hint about that. Or not, it?s fine with me. After all, it?s Izzy?s business.

I believe Slash and Axl being friends again is basically a matter of their own internal mutual relationship, and if that got mended, I see no reason why they shouldn?t tell us ? because they must expect every damn person to ask them that now anyway.

As for Chris, I see no reason why he should rejoin the band now. Chick?s cool and there?s always Dizzy.

Whatever they will or will not say, there must be at least something that will get uncovered, and that?s always better than having nothing in your hands and just guessing and speculating all the time. So we?ll see. That's all I meant by that.

Hell has frozen over.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »

I think it might annoy me if I cared that they were gone. If this were Slash or Duff leaving then I would want concrete answers.

What I know right now is that Slash and Duff are standing on the stage on either side of Axl and that is all the reason I need for why 'the others' are no longer here.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »

I think it might annoy me if I cared that they were gone. If this were Slash or Duff leaving then I would want concrete answers.

What I know right now is that Slash and Duff are standing on the stage on either side of Axl and that is all the reason I need for why 'the others' are no longer here.

Real talk.

Once Slash and Duff stepped back in... I couldn't care less why any other former members left.

Sure... a detailed rant from any of them on why they are out would make for a juicy read...but I don't really care.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »

Please tell me why we would care if we were notified or not of former members of this band. In the end for these guys its a job if they were doing it because of just love of music they would do it for free and like in any job employees come and go. If i got fired from my job tomorrow theres not going to be a big notice going out about it. Plus it was actually more fun for me having this will they wont they build up/excitement
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »

Real talk.

Once Slash and Duff stepped back in... I couldn't care less why any other former members left.

Sure... a detailed rant from any of them on why they are out would make for a juicy read...but I don't really care.

My thoughts exactly!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »

I get that the hows and whys of everything are not really our business, as fascinating as that stuff can sometimes be... it's our favorite band, we're interested in this stuff, nothing unusual about that.

But not wanting to get into explanations of things is not quite the same as officially reporting a fact, such as 'Schlemiel is no longer in the band, he is replaced by Schlimazel.'  
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »

Press releases are troublesome. Look at what happened to Pittman because of his response to the announcement of Slash and Duff's rejoining the band. Lol
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »

Press releases are troublesome. Look at what happened to Pittman because of his response to the announcement of Slash and Duff's rejoining the band. Lol

Of all the reasons behind the departures over the years... I would most want to hear about Mother Goose! For pure comedic value.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »

I'd like to see some interviews, but the other night I was watching a lot of the old GNR interviews and stuff and a thought occurred to me. I almost wonder if it's just better for them not to do press.
It seems that maybe things said in the press in the past may have contributed to the fracturing of the classic lineup. This is just pure speculation, but say one guy says "yeah, I did this" off the cuff, and another guy thinks, "hey, wait, I was the one who did that!" Add in the media's tendency to embellish things about this band, and you can see how it would denigrates from there.
Maybe they've decided it's best to not to air dirty laundry or any laundry in the press.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »

Im the first to admit, id love to hear from Axl/Slash/Duff and get there take on the big issues everyone wants to know about.... but last year when everything was seemingly dead.. and compare that to what we have now.. which is quite remarkable.. ive just simply stopped "wanting things"... it really is that simple for me.

Slash and Axl back together on the same stage with Duff is what i wanted... and to see the level of performance from the band (and axl sounding amazing again).. as a fan, i couldnt be happier right now.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »

I'd like to see some interviews, but the other night I was watching a lot of the old GNR interviews and stuff and a thought occurred to me. I almost wonder if it's just better for them not to do press.
It seems that maybe things said in the press in the past may have contributed to the fracturing of the classic lineup. This is just pure speculation, but say one guy says "yeah, I did this" off the cuff, and another guy thinks, "hey, wait, I was the one who did that!" Add in the media's tendency to embellish things about this band, and you can see how it would denigrates from there.
Maybe they've decided it's best to not to air dirty laundry or any laundry in the press.

This ^^

The way some people twist, interpret, translate and garble every iota of information released, every tweet made, and every sentence uttered- It isn't surprising at all the little to nothing is said.

Some fans think they should be privvy to internal band business, I don't agree and see why they aren't informed to a greater degree.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »

I found it annoying in the past when people came and went without any explanation.  It never felt like a real band.  I was open for it, I tried to acccept a new lineup, but there never was one.

Now that Slash and Duff are back I couldn't care less about why the others are gone.  In fact, I don't think any of them 'left', I think this was in the works for a while and they all saw the writing on the wall.  Some of them dealt better with it than others.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:07:48 AM by Nikki_Sixx » Logged

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2016, 06:27:32 AM »

Tommy just kinda left it in Vegas. Then, he kinda got out of the loop. hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »

This ^^

The way some people twist, interpret, translate and garble every iota of information released, every tweet made, and every sentence uttered- It isn't surprising at all the little to nothing is said.

Some fans think they should be privvy to internal band business, I don't agree and see why they aren't informed to a greater degree.

Sure. Private stuff is private stuff... but you have been a fan of an individual for many years (let's just say it's Robin) ... you love him in GNR... and then right before the album finally comes out... he's gone...without a trace...no explanation ever given...

You don't think even a brief statement for his fans is something people should get? Throw people a bone maybe?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »

Tommy just kinda left it in Vegas. Then, he kinda got out of the loop. hihi

You think Tommy ever got a phone call saying uhhhh Tommy you're a goner!  The former King of beers is back !  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: