Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:39:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 428437 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #760 on: March 12, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »

The most plausible thing I've heard is the revenge for Axl putting the kibosh on his DVD in the U.S. theory.

Makes sense.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #761 on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »

And again it's easy to get on slash here ...he has opened himself up here to easy criticism...

But even tho he left a long time ago they still are his songs...he has the right ...

Just as Axl does....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #762 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »

The most plausible thing I've heard is the revenge for Axl putting the kibosh on his DVD in the U.S. theory.

Makes sense.

Yeah I think 9 out of 10 people would do the same in slash's spot here if that's true

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #763 on: March 12, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »

Makes sense.

And if that's the case how do you feel about the movie not being out anywhere while his DVD and live cd are available at least somewhere (even Amazon and iTunes)?

And again it's easy to get on slash here ...he has opened himself up here to easy criticism...

But even tho he left a long time ago they still are his songs...he has the right ...

Just as Axl does....

Wait, so you think it's ok for somebody who left the band to stop the band from releasing a live recording of the old songs?
I'm curious why it's ok.

By the way, those aren't HIS songs. Remember how you guys always said GN'R was a band and not only Axl... Suddenly the songs are Slash's only? Really....

As a side note to think about: Velvet Revolver live in Houston DVD. Two GN'R tracks. Live In Germany DVD, three GN'R tracks.
These were released as well...

/jarmo

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:18:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #764 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »

Please don't twist my words

They are the songs of both of them

If I was unclear...my bad.

As far as the VR DVD ... You raise a good point... I wonder why Axl didn't have a problem with that... But did for slash's solo DVD

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #765 on: March 12, 2014, 08:05:45 PM »

Well you said "his songs" not "also his songs" as a reason for him to block this.

Some of those songs have more to do with Izzy than Slash....

As far as the VR DVD ... You raise a good point... I wonder why Axl didn't have a problem with that... But did for slash's solo DVD

Where is the source of this info?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #766 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »

Makes sense.
Or that his motivation is financial, depending on who you believe.

Regardless, is it really proportional?  Assuming Axl put some territorial restriction on the Slash's Live DVD, is blocking this release on a worldwide basis really equivalent?

In the end, while I understand the tit for tat possibility, if that is the case, one thing is clear:  Any and all claim to moral high ground is gone.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #767 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »

Makes sense.

And if that's the case how do you feel about the movie not being out anywhere while his DVD and live cd are available at least somewhere (even Amazon and iTunes)?

Oh, I don't think he comes off well here at all.  Not if what is being reported is accurate.

For years the narrative has been that Axl is impossible and crazy and Slash was the good egg.  And a lot of fans have traded on that concept for years now.

If this pans out, that's over.  If you pissed all over Axl for being spiteful for its own sake, you can't champion this.  Not credibly, in my view.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #768 on: March 12, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

In the end, while I understand the tit for tat possibility, if that is the case, one thing is clear:  Any and all claim to moral high ground is gone.

Big time.

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #769 on: March 12, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »

I had pre-ordered Made in Stoke on DVD from a local record store in the US. They were eventually told by the label that the DVD wouldn't be coming out in the US because the label wanted to see how it sold overseas before spending the money for the US rights.

Without knowing how much money was demanded by the involved parties, it's difficult to assess who was being unreasonable in each instance.

But we do know this. In November, GNRtruth.com said Slash was preventing the release of the Vegas DVD. MYGNR, which is usually pro-Slash, denied it. Now, MYGNR is saying that not only is Slash preventing the release, but that he's doing it purely out of spite. I don't know if that's true, but for MYGNR to say that about Slash, they must really believe it because usually they defend Slash at all costs.

I come to this site because when you're looking for facts and not speculation, Jarmo is the guy to ask. He doesn't appear to have the answers right now, which means there really aren't any answers right now.

But we know Slash's DVD was released in most of the world. If Axl was being spiteful, that would NOT have happened. It wouldn't have been released anywhere.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #770 on: March 12, 2014, 08:28:06 PM »

Big time.

The other thing I'm curious about is, does anyone have any source to support the notion that the Stoke DVD was not released in the US due to a sync license issue, and not for some other reason?

I understand that is a possibility, but is there any information to support that theory as being likely?

Ali
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #771 on: March 12, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »

Big time.

The other thing I'm curious about is, does anyone have any source to support the notion that the Stoke DVD was not released in the US due to a sync license issue, and not for some other reason?

I understand that is a possibility, but is there any information to support that theory as being likely?

Ali

This seems to be an assumption Ali, and one that might fit an agenda - which of course has be bearing on whether it's true or not.  As usual, all opinions are at this point baseless without full disclosure of the facts - business as usual!  hihi

The only opinion I have on it, is that it is a shame for all involved, it was something I was looking forward to owning.  If it gets worked out, then great - otherwise, let's move on and enjoy live shows, Golden Gods etc  peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #772 on: March 12, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »

I'm far more concerned with and interested in how Axl sounds when he takes the stage in a few days than I ever was in this thing.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #773 on: March 12, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »

Big time.

Ali

This seems to be an assumption Ali, and one that might fit an agenda - which of course has be bearing on whether it's true or not.  As usual, all opinions are at this point baseless without full disclosure of the facts - business as usual!  hihi

The only opinion I have on it, is that it is a shame for all involved, it was something I was looking forward to owning.  If it gets worked out, then great - otherwise, let's move on and enjoy live shows, Golden Gods etc  peace

Agreed.  Maybe if there was some sort of source to support the theory, I'd understand.  Otherwise, it seems like making an assumption so you can bend the narrative back to some sort of justified response, as opposed to one done out of petty vindictiveness. 

Let's move on, indeed.  Good to see you posting.

Ali
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #774 on: March 12, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »

perhaps Axl will leave a message for Slash with Myles at the rock on the range gig this year.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #775 on: March 12, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »

This doesn't look good for Slash if true. BOTH of them act like they are jealous ex lovers.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #776 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »

ahhahahah pathetic cover band .
Jarmo is Dj Ashba boyfriend

hihi

Funny that searching "dizzyreedsexmachine" ends up with Walker's last twitter handle "AxlsPiano".  Even more pathetic on other forums agreeing with himself using multiple names.  I only remember this because on ParadiseCityBP there was a "dizzyreedsexmachine" account created in order to upvote Walker's nonsense.  It was so obvious.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #777 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:46 AM »

Just want to say I am absolutely gutted by this news.

Was really looking forward to the cinema and blu ray release. Just the idea of getting a release from my favourite band was exciting, especially when there's no real signs of a new album on the horizon.

Now this...

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #778 on: March 13, 2014, 08:17:45 AM »

Slash is a fucking snake who has been lying to the fans and press successfully for the past 18 years. Axl always ends up being "the bad guy" but when all it's said and done he's the one that always speaks his mind and gives us the truth no matter what it is.

Fuck slash, i didn't cared about him before so for me he's dead n' buried now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #779 on: March 13, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »

Slash is a fucking snake who has been lying to the fans and press successfully for the past 18 years. Axl always ends up being "the bad guy" but when all it's said and done he's the one that always speaks his mind and gives us the truth no matter what it is.

Be serious.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: