Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Is Buckethead back?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Buckethead back?  (Read 11315 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »

Sorry but that album just didn't do it for me Sad

i'm sorry but you just don't seem human

Buckethead pwns all!

I'm checking it out as we speak for the first time.

Sail on Soothsayer and Stretching Lighthouses are amazing.

Soothsayer kicks ass headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 04:48:53 AM »

Buckethead is a phenomenal talent. No doubt. And... Thank GOD Axl kept much of his work on the album.

That said- I just have the sense that GN'R has been a much more stable ship since Bumblefoot came aboard and the chemistry that he seems to have with Finck and Fortus is pretty special. I wouldn't want to see that messed with (which obviously means they need to keep Finck in the fold).

At the end of the day... nothing wrong at all with Buckethead going down as the "West Arkeen" of the new band or whatever though. He's obviously been very important- and I think that's why Axl kept a lot of his work on the album.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 05:38:41 AM »

"Look for a shitload of new info in days. A certain masked man is about to be a worldwide sensation (well, more so then he all ready is!!)

Exciting times for Bucket fans and GNR fans.

(p.s. - B is ALL over the album - and even songs he isn't fully 'featured' on - he still pretty much created the music for) "[/i]

I don't see anyhting implying the return of BH.  Roll Eyes No need to read into it, the guy is merely saying about how BH is gunna get a huge recognition thanx to his work on CD.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 07:02:54 AM »

"Look for a shitload of new info in days. A certain masked man is about to be a worldwide sensation (well, more so then he all ready is!!)

(p.s. - B is ALL over the album - and even songs he isn't fully 'featured' on - he still pretty much created the music for) "[/i]

I don't see anyhting implying the return of BH.  Roll Eyes No need to read into it, the guy is merely saying about how BH is gunna get a huge recognition thanx to his work on CD.

Exactly.

Fuck 'Em All.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »

personally i think that would kick ass if Buckethead were back in the band however if we are just reading into it and finks still in then thats fine too. Like what MaoAxl said, G'n'R is much more stable because BH is a hard person to work with (from what i've heard)

Either way i'm good i don't care as long as theres still a copy of CHINESE DEMOCRACY on the shelves when i get to best buy headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »

I wouldn't get your hopes about Buckethead returning.  Granted with Finck gone (who knows how permanant it will be), it does kind of open things up for Buck (both from a band and personal standpoint; rumors seem to suggest Buck and Robin didn't exactly get along).  If he did, who would play Finck's solos?  Bumblefoot?  Fortus?  Not that they couldn't handle it from a technical standpoint, but it's hard to imagine that happening. 

Personally I would love to see Buckethead return, but it ain't happening folks.

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »

It wouldn't suprise me either way at this stage.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 08:23:03 PM »

Saw this at GNR Evolution.

http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/viewtopic.php?id=4884&p=7

This is from Saul over at buckethead.tk.

(p.s. - B is ALL over the album - and even songs he isn't fully 'featured' on - he still pretty much created the music for) "

It could mean anything.. just a comment on his contributions maybe.
Probably is. Anyone that buys the album and reads the liner notes is probably going to see his name plastered all over the booklet for writing credits. It's not like this album is exactly low key, either, so Bucket will probably find a lot more attention falling on himself.

Personally though, I'd like to see BBF stay, and if Bucket would be replacing Robin, it would be a sonic mess to have to shred guitarists sharing leads, so time will tell.

Just a couple of comments -

Firstly - the album liner notes are going to state "Brian Carroll" not Buckethead, and only hardcore BH or Guns fans are going to know who that is. Other people won't put two and two together.

Secondly - as much as I would LOVE to hear it confirmed that Buckethead is back in the band (I've said this before - his image is wrong for the band but his sound, writing and solos were a phenomenal addition) I have to query this statement from Saul. Firstly there is no date on it so the "look for a shitload of info in days" statement is a bit vague, plus the statement "he pretty much created the music" is also a hell of a statement considering we know for a fact that some of the songs were written before he was even in the band!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:42 PM »

His look was wrong for the band.  But his sound and playing style was dynamite !!!!

mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 02:42:46 AM »

I've never been a BH fan, and i'll be disappointed if he does rejoin Sad

Well then you might as well forget about buying the album, you're going to be dissapointed seeing as BH is its' lead guitarist.  This goes for you also, russtcb.

I on the other hand will be loving it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:48:49 AM by mcmurray » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »

I've never been a BH fan, and i'll be disappointed if he does rejoin Sad

Well then you might as well forget about buying the album, you're going to be dissapointed seeing as BH is its' lead guitarist.  This goes for you also, russtcb.

I on the other hand will be loving it.

From what I have seen/heard, a lot of his work was redone by BBF...he's definately still there (and a cowriter), but 'Lead' on the album may be a bit of a reach.  I am definately not a 'Buckethead' (solo) fan - but appreciate his work as technically awesome...don't like his shredding with GnR, either, takes away from the song most of the time.   

His look was wrong for the band.  But his sound and playing style was dynamite !!!!

I had no idea who Buckethead was, when he joined up...I actually thought the bucket was play on Slash's top-hat, meant as some kind of inside insult to him.  Then I heard the buckethead story...and I wished the bucket was ONLY a play on Slash's top=hat!  nervous

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

From what I have seen/heard, a lot of his work was redone by BBF...he's definately still there (and a cowriter), but 'Lead' on the album may be a bit of a reach.  I am definately not a 'Buckethead' (solo) fan - but appreciate his work as technically awesome...don't like his shredding with GnR, either, takes away from the song most of the time.   

Going by the first single (no Ron on lead), the 'best buy' leaks and Shackler's, 3 songs out of 4 still have Bucket on lead guitar.  That's 75%.  What have you seen/heard that makes you think otherwise?

It'll be interesting to see how much is re-recorded by Ron. 
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »

Going by the first single (no Ron on lead), the 'best buy' leaks and Shackler's, 3 songs out of 4 still have Bucket on lead guitar.  That's 75%.  What have you seen/heard that makes you think otherwise?

Ron himself said it, I think...of course I am just now listening to Trunk interview, and he JUST said BH did lead on CD...maybe it was Shacklers...maybe I am wrong or confused.  Whatever it was I am thinking of, he was taking credit for 1st solo, tapping, etc...  confused

I think we will need to wait and see...in 25 days, 5 hours, we will know for sure.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »

Ron himself said it, I think...of course I am just now listening to Trunk interview, and he JUST said BH did lead on CD...maybe it was Shacklers...maybe I am wrong or confused.  Whatever it was I am thinking of, he was taking credit for 1st solo, tapping, etc...  confused

I think we will need to wait and see...in 25 days, 5 hours, we will know for sure.

Yep you're thinking of Shacklers Revenge, Ron definitely did the solo and tapping on that one.  As for If The World, CD and TWAT, Bucket has lead on those.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: