Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Added To U.S. VIRGIN FESTIVAL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Added To U.S. VIRGIN FESTIVAL  (Read 1088 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 08, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER has been confirmed for the U.S. Virgin Festival, scheduled for August 4-5 at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. Also slated to appear are THE POLICE, SMASHING PUMPKINS and the BEASTIE BOYS. More lineup announcements and information about ticket sales are expected over the coming weeks.

VELVET REVOLVER will launch live assault with a six-date swing through South America beginning April 10 at the Pista Atletica in Santiago, Chile and wrapping up April 20 at Parque Metropolitano Simon Bolivar in Bogota, Columbia.

Next up is the 11-city U.S. leg of the tour, which kicks off May 4 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA, and will make stops at a number of hot clubs and theatres around the country including San Francisco's Warfield Theatre, Chicago's Riviera Theatre and the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C., before finishing off May 22 at the Nokia Theatre Times Square in New York.

In June, the band will head to Europe for 17 dates with heavy emphasis on festival appearances including Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring in Germany, Sweden's Hultsfred Festival, Fields Of Rock in the Netherlands and Monsters Of Rock in Spain.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »

There is more information...

Modest Mouse, Wu-Tang Beef Up Virgin Festival Bill

April 27, 2007, 7:00 AM ET

The Virgin Festival by Virgin Mobile in Baltimore, Md., has added Modest Mouse, Velvet Revolver, Wu-Tang Clan, Cheap Trick, the Fratellis, Amy Winehouse, Paolo Nutini, the Crystal Method, 311, Incubus, Chris Cornell, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV On The Radio, Bad Brains and Fountains Of Wayne to a bill that already includes the Police, Beastie Boys and the Smashing Pumpkins.

Completing the bill for the second-year festival, set for Aug. 4-5 at Pimlico Race Course, are Peter Bjorn and John, Sasha & John Digweed, Danny Tenaglia, LCD Soundsystem, Booka Shade, Shout Out Out Out Out, Matisyahu, Fiction Plane, Felix Da Housecat, Miguel Migs (Petal Pusher), Spoon, Deep Dish (Dubfire + Sharam), James Zabeila, M.I.A., CSS, Regina Spektor, Interpol, Infected Mushroom, Dieselboy & Andy C and Girl Talk.

"I feel like we came up with A-list talent from top to bottom, which was our goal," says Seth Hurwitz, producer of the festival through his I.M.P. "We've evolved to where the level of talent makes for two 'A-stages' instead of 'A' and 'B-stages.'

The lineup is assembled "from the top down," Hurwitz says. "We didn't approach the middle and bottom parts of the bill until we saw what was above it, then we proceeded with natural segues," he says. "Our desire was to have diversity without being directionless. It kind of reflects my personal taste: I like Patsy Cline and I like Metallica. Booking this, I try to pick the bands that are for real."

The Police are only playing one other festival in North America, Bonnaroo. But Hurwitz says that stellar booking did not stop him from booking the best bands available. "After we booked the Police, a lot of industry insiders were whispering in my ear, 'You've got the Police -- you've got a free pass this year, you should save your money," he says. "That would have made us more money this year but I look at it as an opportunity to spend money without feeling like we're taking as much risk because of this so-called 'free pass.' We're building a brand here."

Tickets, priced the same per-day as last year, go on sale May 5 as two-day passes at $175. Single-day tickets at $97.50 will only be available if the two-day tickets don't sell out.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/google/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003577556

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: