Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Waiting for Godot
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waiting for Godot  (Read 8565 times)
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 06:31:39 PM »

I will buy a the new cd if it ever comes out, but the last couple of months I have started to lose hope, I will move on with my life, but I am not as in love with gn'r as I once was because of nothing ever happening. You can't deny the albums they have put out, but now bands that regularly release albums like rhcp, are starting to surpass gn'r just by volume. So now I have more to chose from and can actually follow a band and trust that I will have more material coming from them. I can't even make a prediction anymore, but I am leaning towards it never coming out. However I will be the first in line to buy the new cd, if it ever comes.

What Goes around comes around!
VHunknown
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2004, 10:43:51 PM »

And still after all the promises that have been broken in the last few months, some still believe this bullshit.  Its time to be realistic here, objectively what has happened so far this year?

1. Speculated May release dates
2. A promised show in RIR4....
3. A lawsuit over the GH
4. Buckethead leaves the band
5. GNR pulls out  of RIR4
6. Axl blames RIR4 on buckethead
7. Greatest Hits sell like wildfire (much to Axl's demise and the records companys gain)
8. Still no explanation on what happened with the tours in 2002
9. Still no official statement on the actual status of Chinese Democracy
10. Nothing new in over 11 years....

Up to this point, much has been promised yet nothing has been delivered.   All has been lies.   There is a consistent pattern that emerges every year among GNR.  Someone hears a rumor from their cousins best friend, or GNR is suppose to play, or CD is suppose to be out "very soon".  How many times have we heard this?- 1000+   How many times have these been true- 0...  I repeat ZERO!  I repeat again ZERO!  This band was done a long time ago and it's pathetic to read some of these posts.  This is getting more and more unbelievable everyday.  There should be psychological research done on GNR fans; it would surely yeild some sort of phenomena on how humans detrimentally rely and consistently believe  ..lies, absolute lies.  Some people on this board truely amaze me in this way.  I have followed this board for a while, and what goes on here is abnormal.  This sort of reliance and behavior should be written about, studied, and taught in an undergraduate catalogue.  This sort of behavior truely cannot be explained.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2004, 11:25:46 PM »

JUst foes to show the power of GNR (Axl) and the mystique. ANd I cant say that everything has been blatent lies cause you ,I amd most here have no real clue whats been goin on behind the curtain, but I find its pretty damn cool that so many in the world still love GNR and ..actually, most other bands or pop artist dont have the legion of people visiting thier sites s much as GNR. Look at all the different boards. If anyone knows ..tell me how active are Mettalica boards or do they even have as many...........case study that!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2004, 11:40:40 PM »

Up to this point, much has been promised yet nothing has been delivered.   All has been lies.   There is a consistent pattern that emerges every year among GNR.  Someone hears a rumor from their cousins best friend, or GNR is suppose to play, or CD is suppose to be out "very soon".  How many times have we heard this?- 1000+   How many times have these been true- 0...  I repeat ZERO!  I repeat again ZERO!  This band was done a long time ago and it's pathetic to read some of these posts.  This is getting more and more unbelievable everyday.  There should be psychological research done on GNR fans; it would surely yeild some sort of phenomena on how humans detrimentally rely and consistently believe  ..lies, absolute lies.  Some people on this board truely amaze me in this way.  I have followed this board for a while, and what goes on here is abnormal.  This sort of reliance and behavior should be written about, studied, and taught in an undergraduate catalogue.  This sort of behavior truely cannot be explained.

I know what you're saying and somewhat agree.

BUT, what you need to realize, GNR fans have become like this weird cult that continues to believe in the almighty (axl) regardless of how badly he treats us.

I've threatened to quit waiting several times and then i always end up back here and for the life of me I don't know why.

It is very similar to your Godot analogy as we can't move on and we continue to follow this on a daily/weekly basis.  If the album ever had a release date i'm sure we'd all hear about without this or any other site but we choose to worship together at the htgth altar.  

The wait and anticipation is what this is all about and i have no idea what we'll do if and when CD is released. We're tied to this project because we all want to see how it ends and undoubtedly we'll still be here for years to come even without any album from Godot.
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2004, 01:51:34 AM »

That's a cool story. Axl should name the cd "waiting for godot". hmmm as far as how long I will wait...

I don't know. What does "waiting" even mean? If I stopped coming to the boards, does that mean I stopped waiting? If I stopped listening to GNR, does that mean I'm not waiting anymore? If I said "fuck Axl", did I stop waiting then? Nah. No matter what, if you are or ever have been a die hard guns/axl fan, you'll buy CD when it comes out. I mean, I've been a gn'r fan since I was six (1991), but I never got to go to a concert or truly appreciate a new release coming out (with the exception of OMG). So, I don't know what I'm missing I guess.  I don't believe anything I read on here as far as rumors but I want to. I hope Axl does release it "soon" and get out there and tour. Unfortunately, it
s not likely. Loving GNR and coming to these boards isn't about waiting for CD to me. It's just about appreciating who GNR was/is. They're a fucking legend in the making --- especially Axl. He's on the same page as Jim Morrison and other dead greats that people go on about. The difference is, he's alive! Even though he's not always showing signs of life, he is alive and always a mystery.  The last beautiful free soul on this planet......
estranged.1098
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2004, 02:18:22 AM »

IMHO this analogy is very bad.

First of all, unlike Godot, Axl has actually told people not to wait but just live their lives. I don't know why people spend time complaining, for example, that Axl doesn't say anything when they show they haven't read what he said.

Second, unlike the two patient waiting men, a lot of people here are constantly bitching about having to wait. The difference of attitude is very clear... the men think of killing themselves, not Godot  Grin.

And if you don't want to wait, it's your problem  Tongue. The album will come out if/when Axl thinks it should come out. By paying attention to what he says I believe he really wants this album to be released. In fact, I think he wants it to be released more than almost everything. That's why i'm staying here... and I'm not complaining.

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2004, 07:00:45 AM »

I will wait forever for this album nd if it doesnt come out i'll be pretty fuckin dissapointed but i think i'll live peace

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2004, 07:48:55 AM »

Could somebody explain this waiting thing for me?

Is there something you have to do in order to be "waiting"?

Am I waiting just because I update my site and read the board? Or do I have to do things like a cross over a date in the calendar and think "oh great, another day without the album"? Maybe waiting means you have to look for release dates on record store release schedules and keep watching MTV News in hopes of seeing something about a release date on there?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
K-Rock
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

Am I waiting just because I update my site and read the board?

I think your board has taken a life of it's own where people from all over the world can come in.....have a seat (as long as they behave themselves).....and have (mostly) intelligent conversations about many other topics (world events, music....life in general) other than Axl.

I agree that Axl should name the cd.............."Waiting For Godot"!!!!!
VHunknown
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 02:34:57 PM »

Let me clarify something here.  I do not think there is anything wrong with waiting for your favorite band to put out another album or get  back together.  Hell I have been waiting for the police to get back together, longer than I have waited for GNR.  However, I do think there is a problem, when you cross the line from waiting into reliance.  Reliance is different than waiting.   When I hear Axl promise to play a show in RIR4 and release CD in May,  I don't believe him.  You know why?  Because until now nothing has happened.  He has broken promise after promise.  It comes to a point when believing these promises becomes shear denial.  I see people on this board get a hardon everytime they hear another rumor, forgetting or denying the 11 years of broken promises before them.   I don't have a problem with waiting GNR.  I do have a problem with reliance on false information, time after time after time.   That is complete bullshit, no thats worse than bullshit thats dumb!  There is something unbelievable about the way humans want to believe in something, no matter how stupid it sounds or how unlikely it is to happen.  Simply unexplainable.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: