Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's letter = Good news!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's letter = Good news!!  (Read 5950 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« on: March 30, 2004, 06:08:57 PM »

I personally think Axl's letter is a breath of fresh air. It shows that GnR still exists, that GnR did plan to play Rio, and states that GnR is still planning to complete and release Chinese democracy. Axl even acknowledges that he may be to blame for being too nice to Buckethead and putting Gnr in this situation.
 To me that is a bombshell, Axl actually stepping up and taking the blame for something bad that has happened. Axl doesn't even seem to bash Buckethead too bad here, so, he hasn't even burned a bridge yet after all of this.
 I really don't know when we will see Chinese Democracy or see a tour. But, I am confident that some form of Gnr still exists and eventually will put out an album and put on a great tour. Who even knows whats gonna happen, maybe Axl and some old members have been talking again since they had the lawsuit against Geffen. Anything is really still possible with this band. In my own opinion Axl needs to release something, even an Ep. I think it would be theraputic for him. He has been through a lot of shit in the last 10 years, some his own fault, some not.
 Anyway, I am still a GnR fan, I am still a Buckethead fan, and I am a Velvet Revolver fan. I wish all three acts success in the near future. Thanks for the update Axl. ok
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 06:20:41 PM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 06:14:21 PM »

I was disappointed when I read it, but after reading it again realize how great this news is. Axl actually said something.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 06:15:28 PM »

Mr. Intensity...You couldn't be more right!!!  Awesome post.  GNR RULES!!!   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 06:44:07 PM »

I was disappointed when I read it, but after reading it again realize how great this news is. Axl actually said something.

Yeah, I mean everyone bitches how Axl never makes a statement and now he all of a sudden does. Then a lot of people flip out and start bashing him. Its kind of sad, no matter what Axl does he can just never win.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 06:57:25 PM »

I agree alot with your statement Mr. Intensity.
Especially the part of releasing a couple of tracks on an EP. Say Silkworms and Rhiyad. Just something to keep us going until he finishes "CD".

Yeah, I mean give us a 6 song Ep with Rhiyad, Madagascar, The Blues, Silkworms, Oh my God, and one other new one. That wouldn't be too hard and it would take pressure from the record company and the fans off of him. Then he could do a small venue tour in the U.S once he gets a new guitarest. Sadly, this is just wishful thinking though. Undecided
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 07:33:31 PM »

I personally think Axl's letter is a breath of fresh air. It shows that GnR still exists, that GnR did plan to play Rio, and states that GnR is still planning to complete and release Chinese democracy. Axl even acknowledges that he may be to blame for being too nice to Buckethead and putting Gnr in this situation.
 To me that is a bombshell, Axl actually stepping up and taking the blame for something bad that has happened. Axl doesn't even seem to bash Buckethead too bad here, so, he hasn't even burned a bridge yet after all of this.
 I really don't know when we will see Chinese Democracy or see a tour. But, I am confident that some form of Gnr still exists and eventually will put out an album and put on a great tour. Who even knows whats gonna happen, maybe Axl and some old members have been talking again since they had the lawsuit against Geffen. Anything is really still possible with this band. In my own opinion Axl needs to release something, even an Ep. I think it would be theraputic for him. He has been through a lot of shit in the last 10 years, some his own fault, some not.
 Anyway, I am still a GnR fan, I am still a Buckethead fan, and I am a Velvet Revolver fan. I wish all three acts success in the near future. Thanks for the update Axl. ok

Everyone should read this post by Mr. Intensity and portray the same viewpoint.

Thank you Mr. Intensity for summing it all up correctly  beer
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 07:59:08 PM »

Like everyone else I'm disappointed, since this marked the first time i would have the privilege of seeing them in concert, however it is great news that he said something. I really believe Axl is changing, it must of been really hard on him to say something like this. I'm sure he wanted to perform at Rock and Rio. love
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 08:00:46 PM »

I think im gonna print this out and hot iron press it to a tshirt

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 09:06:15 PM »

Thanks guys. I had been lurking on this board for a while just reading, but got disgusted today with all the negativity toward Axl after he wrote that letter to his fans. So, I had to speak out.
I am not an Axl ass kisser and I admit he has done some wrong in his music career. But, writing a letter to his fans explaining why Gnr could not perform at Rock and Rio was not a bad decision. It was a good one. Here is to hoping that Axl can keep making good decisions in the future. beer
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 09:48:58 PM »

Thank you so much for this post. You are absolutly right! Axl had the guts to come out and say something, instead of hiding and leaving everyone wondering. I give him alot of credit for saying what he did. And hopefully this letter will be followed by very good news!!  Smiley  Grin

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 09:55:46 PM »

Ok.  I just want to say that I am amazingly happy right now!  And, a little overwhlemed.  I need to digest this more and think about it all.  But, today was a good day in the world of Guns n Roses. hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 11:24:05 PM »

Anyway, I am still a GnR fan, I am still a Buckethead fan, and I am a Velvet Revolver fan. I wish all three acts success in the near future. Thanks for the update Axl.
Excellent post. This idea that Axl bashed bucket in the press release is garbage. In fact this press release explains a lot about the past few years and recent delays{see my thread}

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 04:00:26 AM »

It hopefully means they're not removing bucket's contributions.

He was almost a second frontman. It was axl, buckethead and the band

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 04:33:07 AM »

It's just sad that the only time we get a press release from axl..it's when somethin terrible has just happened, we should have updates every few months

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 07:06:26 AM »

Right on  Mr.Intensity. beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 01:17:36 PM »

Right on  Mr.Intensity. beer

Thanks, I am going to the bar where they have Live Era in the jukebox right now. I think today I'm going to have to ride the nightrain. beer
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 04:54:21 PM »

I'm in shock Axl actually said something.  It's just not what everyone wanted to hear.  All the bad things that revolve around GN'R and Axl's new band have pissed fans off.  We all just want to know what's going on and if Axl is really taking the new GN'R thing seriously.  It's been so many years and were all ready for the new band to be on top and release something.  Maybe something will be announced sooner then we expect.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: