Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Things are starting to add up...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things are starting to add up...  (Read 3608 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: March 30, 2004, 11:05:49 PM »

With the recent developments, past rumors and pieces of info from theband are beginning to add up and make sense {to me atleast}.

Everyone critisise Axl for holding the material and constantly delaying the album. This is how I look at it.

2000/2001- Axl comments on releasing the album.

I think the band was ready to release the album then but being that Bucket arrived they began to make newer and better material.
Hence album is delayed.

2002-Tour
Band wants to get out of the studio and have some fun. Tour gives gnr a chance to show themselves and a chance for them to gel in a live fashion.
Tour is cancelled for unknown reasons. Prob because of Axls no shows...

2003- Band continues to work on material and wrap it up. Release timeframe in sight. Begin final stages of production.

End of 2003..Band intends to release cd right around rio.
At this time we begin to get info from various members of the band and articles that the album is finally being wrapped up and ready to mix.
-Bucket becomes shady. Recording gets held back. {Axl tells about it in the new press release}Probably why 2003 we didnt hear much.

2004-Plans were to release rio right around Rio. Rio would be the launch of a bunch of festival tours that would then kick off the major 2 yr tour to support CD and then the whole plan was about to begin. {2 more albums and tours}
 -Bucket quits...Fucks up all the plans
-Record company wants CD despite Bucket leaving. Otheriwse GH will be released to hold time and get money back
-Axl will not hand it over because of the band situation.
GH is released instead of what could have been CD a few month later{mayish}

Bucket quitting is a very big blow with this band. Of course they will get a replacement and continue on but the point is that he was a pivotal member to this band. His image gave gnr their new identity. He and axl were gonna take gnr back to the top again from an image point of view.

Some people say o just re record the parts or cut it down to 2 guitarists. Your all missing the point. Axls plan has always been to make a gnr comeback when a current lineup evolved and could serve jusice to the past. That lineup evolved around 98/99 and then one of its pivotal members departed in late 2003/04. Now they have to figure out how they can move on.

Take it from their perspective. They have been a band since 98 making material and then one guy leaves. That guy is so important. His work on the album is important. They wanted to do this together as a band. and then bam one decides to depart.

Whether you like axl,hate axl, believe him or think hes a liar....you cant deny him this...

His intentions are pure and true. He wants gnr to be the biggest band in the world again. He has never given into the pressure of releasing the material until he thinks its the right time. SOme will critisize him for his failure to communicate and his perfectionism. But the point is he is not gonna do this half ass. He intended to do this with a full fledged band that served justice to the past. It was created in 98 and has suffered a big blow in 2004, just before they were finally gonna get the ball rolling.

Again im not saying he could have done things differently. He even admits to that, but his intentions are where they should be. And for that i will forever support this new lineup.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 11:13:30 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 11:15:10 PM »

but the point is that he was a pivotal member to this band. His image gave gnr their new identity. He and axl were gonna take gnr back to the top again from an image point of view.
I realize you're a big BH fan, but I don't understand how BH and Axl would take GnR back to the top "image wise" with their identity. I agree he's a tremendous talent, but he is basically an underground sensation. He's eccentric, strange and the general music fans are never going to embrace him, with or without GnR. I hope I get to hear a GnR album with him playing guitar, but I don't believe that his playing is the foundation of the new GnR sound.
Sorry, I didn't want to make this a buckethead bashing thread. I've got nothing against the guy.
bill213
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 11:16:11 PM »

I wouldn't assume anything dealing with Axl's "plans" for this band and the release of chinese democracy.  Just when you think you figured something out, shit will change and you'll be back to pondering what really happened.  I'm not really sure Axl does know what the hell he wants to do anymore because everythings changed so much.  Who knows.  That's why it's just best to set back and enjoy the ride and try to to over-hypothesis every thing that happens in the gnr camp.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 11:18:15 PM »

I realize you're a big BH fan, but I don't understand how BH and Axl would take GnR back to the top "image wise" with their identity. I agree he's a tremendous talent, but he is basically an underground sensation. He's eccentric, strange and the general music fans are never going to embrace him, with or without GnR. I hope I get to hear a GnR album with him playing guitar, but I don't believe that his playing is the foundation of the new GnR sound.
Sorry, I didn't want to make this a buckethead bashing thread. I've got nothing against the guy.
I respect that and disagree. But i dont want to go into those reasons right now because i dont want to make this a buckethead thread in terms of his playing image etc.

this thread is just about the past few years in the gnr world.my perspective....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killerbee_vr6
Opening Act

The lights they shine so bright

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 06:48:17 AM »

I saw Bucket play in Vegas in 2001. He's incredibly talented, but just doesn't fit musically with GnR. The way he shreds through scales just isnt Guns.

4/3/93 Sacramento
12/29/01 Las vegas
12/31/01 Las Vegas
9/20/06 SF
9/21/06 SF
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 07:36:07 AM »

There's a little mistake in your posting:
2004-
 -Bucket quits...Fucks up all the plans

According to the MTV News, Buckethead has left over a year ago -> end of 2002

So there's a HUGE mistake in your timetable after 2002!
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:58:56 AM »

I respect that and disagree. But i dont want to go into those reasons right now because i dont want to make this a buckethead thread in terms of his playing image etc.

this thread is just about the past few years in the gnr world.my perspective....

Younggunner, I realize that and totally respect your own philosophy on GnR. In the last 6 years, their perception has changed for  a lot of people. But how many records has BH sold as a solo artist or one of his side projects? I realize selling records has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with promotion, but music fans have been exposed to BH in the past few years with GnR, and people aren't any more interested in him now, than they were before they knew him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 09:59:48 AM by Lesty » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 12:26:27 PM »

According to the MTV News, Buckethead has left over a year ago -> end of 2002

So there's a HUGE mistake in your timetable after 2002!
I think you should reread the press release

As Axl said, he has unofficially in and out gnr for a year. It became official in Feb. Prior to Brain telling Axl, Axl or the band didnt know that Bucket was out. Bucket was in and out for a year. Its all in the release my friend it aint rocket science

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: