Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:58:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This Band is a Dead Horse
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Band is a Dead Horse  (Read 6426 times)
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: March 31, 2004, 09:20:56 AM »

This band is the Mike Tyson of Rock N Roll.  Axl has single handedly turned what could have been the best damn Rock N Roll band into a Joke, that is trying to record nothing but Elton John exque, crap.

Chinese Democracy is Not coming out.

Brian or Brian or whatever his damn name is out.

Finck is Out

Look for a Reunion tour in either 2005 or 2006 headling the Ozzfest.

You heard it hear first.

Yeah I'm making it all up as I don't know shit, but I do know that this current band/situation/ is nothing but a Joke - Axl has turned Guns N Roses into a Traveling Freak Show, that can only compete with Spinal Tap or GWAR.

But the way I see it is that the above situation is the only thing GNR can do to save face.  Not to mention there is just too much money to be made.  Black Sabbath, KISS, Van Halen,  The Who,  The Eagles, all eventually did Reunion Tours and/or albums.  Guns N Roses is now no different.   An Album called Chinese Democracy will come out but it will consist of Material from Axl's Solo Project (dont' kid yourself that's what all this is) [maybe Madascar, Chinese Democracy, and the Blues, along with some left over Velvet Revolver songs or bits of, and all be rerecorded or modified by the Original members except for maybe Steven.  (Personally Matt is a much better drummer)

If I'm wrong, well Chinese Democracy will come out in its current form, with the Jokes now playing on it, and everybody is going to bitching about it like the VH fans did with VH3.  

Trust Me, I have the all seeing One Eyed Monster.

Guns N Roses used to be GUNS N Fuckin' Roses  Now its just Guns and Roses.

Axl do everyone a favor and Put the FUCKIN" Back in The name, and give Slash a call and start mending some fences.

kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 09:23:15 AM »

Boooo nobody cares what you say anyways...

Take your negative attitude and nay sayer posts and hit the bricks....

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 09:27:01 AM »

I do agree that a reunion will most likely happen one day. However, I still believe that Axl is going to release the work he has done without the original members. I am pretty sure it is going to be under the Guns N Roses name because he owns the rights to it. I think the best news we have had in years is that Axl, Duff, and Slash were actually talking to one another when they filed suit against Geffen. Maybe all the old guys need to just find a common enemy to reunite. Kind of like if you had a brother you really disliked, but seen him getting the shit kicked out of him, you would come to his rescue.
 I think your post is way to negative though. I liked the new GnR, I seen them live and they were great. I also like the new material. No matter what happens with the band I'm just gonna enjoy any shows or albums that Axl gives us.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:30:36 AM »

the only Dead Horse I smell around here is your post hihi

"Axl ruined GN'R.... Waahh!"
"Axl should call Slash.... Waahh!"
"CD is never coming out...Wahh!"
"GN'R is a freak show..!"  
bitch and moan
moan and bitch

*Yawn*

Hey...  I gotta run.
The dead flies encircling his post are getting to me. hihi
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »

in the immortal words of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men....

"You Can't Handle The Truth"

lol

Come on, everyone on this website all (like 20 or 30) is in a state of Denial about Axl.  

I remember when this band kicked ass.  When has it done that lately?  Put AFD in your CD player, and then listen to your littly MP3's of this new shit, and well if you can tell me that there is a comparison - well YOUR FUCKING CRAZY.   "Pun Intended"

I'm not a Naysayer, I'm just honest,  and the writing is on the wall and you people refuse to accept it.  I loved this band,  still do, but it's not Guns N Roses.

When did Chinese Democracy start?

Maybe this is Axl's version of Chinese Democracy - keep telling his peasants, that the government will help you,  support you, cater to you.  Yet much like the real Communist State - there is no trickle down, nothing but propaganda and spin.

The Truth Hurts.

Enjoy, I'm out like Axl's hairline.

BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 09:37:59 AM »

Sorry I'm back - (like another band member)  

But I get fired up when I read some of the responses when I cross post.

First Off - I think The Blues is an awsome song.  I don't know what version I have, but I like it.  

Second I almost booked a flight to Vegas to see them in 2000, but due to personal reasons I couldnt'

I shot a wad when I saw them on MTV, and I'm one of the ones that didnt' think Axl sounded that bad.

There was potential here with this new band and there still is potential.  I'll give all the sheep that.  In my own perverted way, I'm rooting for Axl to prove me wrong.

HOWEVER Bill Parcell's once said about Potential.... " A player with potential, is basically a player who hasn't done shit."  and so far that's all I feel a GNR fan has gotten.

I'm negative for a reason,  but don't damn me when I speak a peice of mind cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:39:50 AM »

Axl is not a 20 year old kid anymore. Hence, he doesn't write songs anymore that are like ones found on A.F.D, that is why the music is not as hard anymore. A.F.D is gone and it is not coming back, GnR has progressed.  
 I am not going to lie and say I didn't enjoy A.F.D because I did and in my opinion that is one of the best albums of all time. But, you have to realize that Axl is older and his new material is not gonna be like his older stuff. But, if you take the time to listen to his lyrics, they are still great in my opinion. The Blues and Madagascar prove that point.
 Its real easy to be negative right now and say the band is a dead horse. But, I'm betting when C.D. is released you'll be there to pick it up the day it comes out. Flipping out like you are is just the way some GnR fans vent everytime the new band lets us down. Believe me, I want to do the same thing sometimes, but I choose to be more positive. One way or another some new Gnr material is coming soon. We also have Velvet Revolver to look forward too.
Crowebar
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 09:41:16 AM »

Seeing that Axl has made a concerted effort and decision to carry on under the GNR banner and release CD someday, makes me feel very good about his integrity not only as a human, but also as a musician.

I guess the thought of how much money a reunion album/tour would bring in, never occurred to Axl? Huh

Give me a break. rant [puke]

If Axl and the other originals were to regroup, we'd all know exactly why they were doing it. Money.

Axl's not doing this for the money. He's doing it because he wants to do it and feels that he has the material to release to back it up.

If Axl had no integrity, he'd have already released three fucking albums of shit by now, Mr. Bonehead.

Give your head a shake and quit your goddamned whining. rant

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 09:51:05 AM »

in the immortal words of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men....
"You Can't Handle The Truth"
The Truth Hurts.

Hey buddy.. the TRUTH is that our beloved AFD lineup has been out of the picture for a loooooooooong time.
Steven was fired cuz he was a raging herione addict.  Izzy left the band high and dry when they were filming Don't Cry...  Slash quit cuz over control issues....  Duff gave up the business to go to college, get married, etc...
THEY LEFT GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES    
If you wanna cry over the AFD band then have a go at it...  Might as well start now so perhaps you can get over it sometime within the NEXT decade or so.

I have AFD.. love it.. play it every fuckin' day.  And if you didn't like Illusions then perhaps you shouldn't quote its song titles in your thread titles.. Grin

Enjoy

oh thank you, I think I will.. I will continue to enjoy socializing with tried and true die hard gunners who are looking forward to new music from Axl and the new Guns N' Roses.  oh yeah - I said "new" - none of us have ever pretended that it was the same band.  If we were still mourning over Steven's and Izzy's departure we would be hanging out on their fansites - seeing how Steven is talking about doing something with him (so I've heard)...   or we were knee deep in tears of distress over Slash and Duff's departure we would be over hanging out at the VR forum with good ol' Slash and Duff.  But um... not me... I'm here cuz I am a fan of Axl and the new music that he has shared with us thus far -  I seen these guys live 4 times and they were amazing.  Axl sounded amazing.

and oh...

I'm out like Axl's hairline.

with comments like that.. fine go... please do go..  
You know we're getting to them folks when they resort to the 'ol
"Axl's fat! Axl's bald!" bullshit.
like one of our fine posters said yesterday "Don't let the internet door hit you in the ass on the way out!"

Losers.  
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 09:56:47 AM »

Seeing that Axl has made a concerted effort and decision to carry on under the GNR banner and release CD someday, makes me feel very good about his integrity not only as a human, but also as a musician.
I guess the thought of how much money a reunion album/tour would bring in, never occurred to Axl? Huh
Give me a break. rant
If Axl and the other originals were to regroup, we'd all know exactly why they were doing it. Money.
Axl's not doing this for the money. He's doing it because he wants to do it and feels that he has the material to release to back it up.
If Axl had no integrity, he'd have already released three fucking albums of shit by now, Mr. Bonehead.
Give your head a shake and quit your goddamned whining. rant

a-men to that!

but let me try to be a bit more productive here in this post
i suggest you let down your guard and if you are rooting for Axl then commit to that damnit
you know you wanna be one of us!

and um... i couldn't help but notice that you quoted an illusions lyric again  Grin
hehehe
Peace bro
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 10:02:41 AM »

Sorry I'm back - (like another band member)  

But I get fired up when I read some of the responses when I cross post.

First Off - I think The Blues is an awsome song.  I don't know what version I have, but I like it.  

Second I almost booked a flight to Vegas to see them in 2000, but due to personal reasons I couldnt'

I shot a wad when I saw them on MTV, and I'm one of the ones that didnt' think Axl sounded that bad.

There was potential here with this new band and there still is potential.  I'll give all the sheep that.  In my own perverted way, I'm rooting for Axl to prove me wrong.

HOWEVER Bill Parcell's once said about Potential.... " A player with potential, is basically a player who hasn't done shit."  and so far that's all I feel a GNR fan has gotten.

I'm negative for a reason,  but don't damn me when I speak a peice of mind cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside.

Bill Parcell's??? How many people do you know with an apostrophe in their name? You're an idiot.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 10:18:32 AM »

where did U get that Finck is out?  Roll Eyes
kockstar99
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 10:42:53 AM »

Bill Parcell's??? How many people do you know with an apostrophe in their name? You're an idiot.

hahahahah nice catch!!!!  rofl rofl
slash39
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 10:58:23 AM »

Axl is not a 20 year old kid anymore. Hence, he doesn't write songs anymore that are like ones found on A.F.D, that is why the music is not as hard anymore. A.F.D is gone and it is not coming back, GnR has progressed.  
 I am not going to lie and say I didn't enjoy A.F.D because I did and in my opinion that is one of the best albums of all time. But, you have to realize that Axl is older and his new material is not gonna be like his older stuff. But, if you take the time to listen to his lyrics, they are still great in my opinion. The Blues and Madagascar prove that point.
 Its real easy to be negative right now and say the band is a dead horse. But, I'm betting when C.D. is released you'll be there to pick it up the day it comes out. Flipping out like you are is just the way some GnR fans vent everytime the new band lets us down. Believe me, I want to do the same thing sometimes, but I choose to be more positive. One way or another some new Gnr material is coming soon. We also have Velvet Revolver to look forward too.    

Axl's age has nothing to do with it.People used the same excuse when Metallica released "Load" and "Reload". It's not a matter of age,it's a matter of Axl not wanting to write stuff like Appetite.And that's fine if that's what he wants to do.
I 100% agree with you as far as the lyrics go,"Madagascar" and "The Blues" are some of the best he's wriitten.Personally,I'll buy the cd when it comes out,cuz I've liked what I heard from it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 11:00:49 AM by slash39 » Logged
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 12:01:13 PM »

Say what you will about Pete Townshend and the Who (stay with me I'm going somewhere with this) . . .

. . . but the day before the Who were to embark on a US concert tour in June 28 2002, their bass player, John Entwistle, died. Yet, the Who regrouped and announced that the tour would continue with Pino Palladino sitting in for the Ox. Only a couple of concert dates needed to be rescheduled. Peter continued with the tour despite the death of his bassist and close friend because he felt a responsibility to his bandmates, tour crew, concert halls, promoters, and the fans to continue with the tour.

To think that Axl rose can?t either 1) find a substitute or 2) leave Robin and Richard to cover for 1 concert 60 days from now, shows what a small man he really is.  

Casting blame is Axl?s specialty now. He has has produced more excuses in the last four years than hits over the last 15. (Come to think of it, he blamed Buckethead for canceling a 2002 tour of Europe due to a stomach ailment. )

Axl seems to be so concerned about the image of the band but his lack of punctuality or responsibility does more to tarnish it.  If you think that another concert promoter will take a chance on GNR, you?re kidding yourself. If they ever come back, GNR will be relegated to beer halls and bingo parlors.

Axl had a great opportunity to capitalize on the success of the Greatest Hits release (like it or not). He blew it. Axl is selfish jerk and nothing more.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 12:17:58 PM »

Say what you will about Pete Townshend and the Who (stay with me I'm going somewhere with this) . . .

. . . but the day before the Who were to embark on a US concert tour in June 28 2002, their bass player, John Entwistle, died. Yet, the Who regrouped and announced that the tour would continue with Pino Palladino sitting in for the Ox. Only a couple of concert dates needed to be rescheduled. Peter continued with the tour despite the death of his bassist and close friend because he felt a responsibility to his bandmates, tour crew, concert halls, promoters, and the fans to continue with the tour.

To think that Axl rose can?t either 1) find a substitute or 2) leave Robin and Richard to cover for 1 concert 60 days from now, shows what a small man he really is.  

Casting blame is Axl?s specialty now. He has has produced more excuses in the last four years than hits over the last 15. (Come to think of it, he blamed Buckethead for canceling a 2002 tour of Europe due to a stomach ailment. )

Axl seems to be so concerned about the image of the band but his lack of punctuality or responsibility does more to tarnish it.  If you think that another concert promoter will take a chance on GNR, you?re kidding yourself. If they ever come back, GNR will be relegated to beer halls and bingo parlors.

Axl had a great opportunity to capitalize on the success of the Greatest Hits release (like it or not). He blew it. Axl is selfish jerk and nothing more.

Axl has a lifelong window to make a comeback. Guns N Roses is just too big of a name to lose a chance to come back. Axl proved that after a 10 year hiatus with no new material he could still sell 8,000-15,000 tickets to everyone of his shows on the Chinese Democracy tour. So, he isn't going to be playing beer halls anytime soon. Anyway, even if he did play 2,000 seat venues that would still be better for us because we would be closer to the stage.
 I agree that Axl needs to stop making excuses though and just release the album and do a tour. I think that would help him and please the fans. I don't think any of us care if the record isn't the best ever, at least it will be something new and most of the songs will be good.
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 12:53:52 PM »

First....Thank You Alternative Monkey

Second, I never claimed I wasn't an idiot.

Third -  Finck will quit the band - who wants to put up with this crap when there is good money to be made elsewhere.  (contracts and all that shit be damned)  He's gone.  Rumor is that Trent is working on a new NIN record - you have to go where the money is going to be - simple analysis really.  (Or I simply know something that you dont)

4th Slash Duff and Matt where both driven out of the band by Axl - that is understood to be a fact.  Anyone that reads any reputable Music Publications will attest to this.  Axl demanded the rights to the GNR name or (and he pretty much said it word for word) that he would keep showing up late etc during the UYI tour.  But of course, Slash and Duff, are the ones wanting to destroy GNR, much like a sheep sees the slaughter house as a grainery.

5th Don't hand me this shit about AXL is older so his music is more mature, I don't care if he want's  to make music I find totally gay, that has more in common with Elton John that it does with Rock N Roll,  that's his business,  But why doesn't he have the balls to do it as a solo project?    Money plain and simple, more people will buy this music under the moniker of GNR, than they will under the W.A.R. I'm a Dick And You'll LIke it Monicker.  Why does he have to drag the name of GNR through the mud?  Mick Jagger didnt' drag the stones downhill, nor did Keith Richards when they wanted to do their Solo Projects.    OR ROBERT PLANT,  OR JIMMY PAGE.    

Axl is a child that is so used to getting his way, that he's simply come to expect it.  

And if Chinese Democracy comes out, I'll burn most of it and make sure I like it before I hand over any hard earned cash.  

I don't care if you want to suck Axl's peter or not, thats your business but hell at least recognize a spade is a spade,  if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.  And AXL is a selfless arrogant rock star, that is living in and off of his past accomplishments.  And I personally feel that he is bringing GNR so close to the edge that there will be no return,  if he already hasn't.

The man simply needs to wake up and smell the proverbial roses.

8000 to 15000 average tickets is what Poison draws on their annual tour.  Right there answers your question of where the GNR name is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:55:43 PM by BottleOfPills » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 01:05:18 PM »

That was an excellent post alternativemonkey. If Axl can't get something together to play one date 2 months from now then I think there is something seriously wrong with that. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from playing with 2 members. It's a joke.
Death Cube K
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 01:06:25 PM »

Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE that even think theres a slightest possibility for a reunion are complete idiots. Doesnt matter if Kurt fucking Loder thinks so or the Pope or whatever.

Well, not idiots, just not well informed.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 01:09:55 PM »

So, basically selling 8,000-15,000 tickets to a show isn't good enough for you? I don't care what Poison, Britney Spears, or Janet Jackson sell a show. I am talking about Guns N Roses right now and Axl's window of oppurtunity to make a comeback. I believe his window will remain open forever, fuck if you can go 10 years without a release and still sell that many tickets. He can go another 10 years as well.
The music, and his new sound does not sound like A.F.D, I give you that. I also agree that Axl SHOULD release his new material under a new name out of respect for the original members of Guns. I will even agree that Axl is using the Guns N Roses because he knows it will help sales. I do fault him for some things in this whole situation.
But, to say that his band is a dead horse is really ignorant. If Axl wanted to release Chinese Democracy tommorow, he could and I would bet my life it easily sells a million copies. Then he could do a world tour and sell millions of tickets. But, for some reason he does not, I don't know what it is. Finally, I'm still going to go out on a limb and guarantee you will buy the new album if it comes out. Anyone who has loved GnR in the past is gonna wanna hear the new album immediatley. Don't try to act sweet and act like you won't because you will. yes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: