Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This Band is a Dead Horse
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Band is a Dead Horse  (Read 6425 times)
kockstar99
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 01:16:36 PM »

Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE that even think theres a slightest possibility for a reunion are complete idiots. Doesnt matter if Kurt fucking Loder thinks so or the Pope or whatever.

Well, not idiots, just not well informed.

I cant belive people still talk about a reunion tour.. look Black Sabbath are on the verge of one, only 30 years later... and they LIKE each other,... Led Zep? prob never,.. GnR,..never...  give it up people...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 03:32:37 PM »

This band is the Mike Tyson of Rock N Roll.  Axl has single handedly turned what could have been the best damn Rock N Roll band into a Joke, that is trying to record nothing but Elton John exque, crap.

Chinese Democracy is Not coming out.

Brian or Brian or whatever his damn name is out.

Finck is Out

Look for a Reunion tour in either 2005 or 2006 headling the Ozzfest.

You heard it hear first.

Yeah I'm making it all up as I don't know shit, but I do know that this current band/situation/ is nothing but a Joke - Axl has turned Guns N Roses into a Traveling Freak Show, that can only compete with Spinal Tap or GWAR.

But the way I see it is that the above situation is the only thing GNR can do to save face.  Not to mention there is just too much money to be made.  Black Sabbath, KISS, Van Halen,  The Who,  The Eagles, all eventually did Reunion Tours and/or albums.  Guns N Roses is now no different.   An Album called Chinese Democracy will come out but it will consist of Material from Axl's Solo Project (dont' kid yourself that's what all this is) [maybe Madascar, Chinese Democracy, and the Blues, along with some left over Velvet Revolver songs or bits of, and all be rerecorded or modified by the Original members except for maybe Steven.  (Personally Matt is a much better drummer)

If I'm wrong, well Chinese Democracy will come out in its current form, with the Jokes now playing on it, and everybody is going to bitching about it like the VH fans did with VH3.  

Trust Me, I have the all seeing One Eyed Monster.

Guns N Roses used to be GUNS N Fuckin' Roses  Now its just Guns and Roses.

Axl do everyone a favor and Put the FUCKIN" Back in The name, and give Slash a call and start mending some fences.

/rant on

Not to be an asshole..

The band is a dead horse?  So is the whining, complaining, bitching and moaning.  So is the constant calls for a reunion, and speculation that one will occur.  So is the screams that "this isn't GnR", and "this is the Axl Rose Project".

It's very, very simple: You either like GnR in it's current incarnation, or you don't.  You're either willing to wait for the album, or you're not.  The past is just that...the past.  Like it or not, THIS IS GNR NOW.  No amount of pissing and moaning is going to change that, no amount of calls for a reunion is going to make it so.

I respect everyone's opinion, and I realize there are tons of people who don't like the current incarnation of the band.  You want to make your opinion heard? Great! Happy to hear it.  You want to whine and moan and complain....well,THAT'S the dead horse...and damn it, I think it's been beaten past death, and into disintegration.

/rant off

***Please keep in mind, when I say "you", I'm not necessarily directing it to the original poster, alone.  When I say "You", I'm directing it globally to the "whiners".

Edit: In re-reading the rant, I wanted to clarify...I have no problems with those expressing Anti-Axl opinions, or anti-current GnR opinions....Dizzy is a great example...I think that's probably good for the board in that it both keeps things lively around here, and it provides some balance.  But there is a VERY big difference between expressing your opinions and whining.  It's the whining that's getting tiresome.....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:36:59 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: