Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Favorite Quotes from Press Release
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Quotes from Press Release  (Read 9963 times)
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 06:58:13 PM »

That is the point, monkey!!!
Axl didn't know Bucket had left!!!  Bucket said that he was excited, and then the next thing Axl knew Brain called and told Axl Bucket said he was back in.  AXL DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS GONE.  That's why it seems illogical.  According to this, Bucket's behavior was illogical!  There is NO INFORMATION to put between the sentences.
That's why he has a question mark there.
There are few areas where Axl may be guilty of a run-on, or maybe forgetting to properly break out a prepositional phrase with a comma, but by and large there is no problem with this press release.
Since you're in the correcting business, and I'm feeling cruel, it's "non sequitir", not "sequitor", and the word you want is "preceding", not "proceeding".
Drive thru.

Oh yeah.  My favorite part is "...Nice guy."
/McGann
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 10:43:56 PM by McGann » Logged

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 07:09:26 PM »

Axl calling someone elses behaviour erratic...lol

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 07:26:26 PM »

Then - is what we call a non sequitor. The "in February" sentence does not logically flow out of the sentence proceeding it.

lol, you're holding Uncle Axl to some high standards there.  Everything may not be grammatically correct, but he does express his feelings well....the way he sees it.  

My fear is that Axl is not getting the proper advice that he needs

If he does receive advice, I doubt he takes it.  Even if he's completely wrong, I can sort of admire his singlemindedness.   Everything he does/says is truly his.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 07:29:41 PM by Freya » Logged
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 07:32:02 PM »

Axl calling someone elses behaviour erratic...lol

Yeah, I found that section of the press release rather amusing as well.  I actually laughed out loud.  Good stuff.  
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 07:57:03 PM »

Some english literature professors in this forum are not going to like this, however I feel the press release was to the point and honest. He wasn't writing for a Booker Award. Afterall everyone has a right to their opinion. That's fine. What's up with all the criticisism on the press release? I'm as disappointed, as the next person that he cancelled Rio . But let's cut him a break? peace
It's no wonder he hardly speaks out! Sheesh!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 09:44:28 PM »

I thought the entire thing was genius. Since the shock has worn off, I've read it, and Axl is the man.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 06:10:21 AM »

Axl sure has a way whit words I love all the rants and pressreleases we've seen over the years. The one were he called Sorum an albatross was hilarious My favourite part in the new one is "nice guy" And there was this other one when Slash was out sent "Live from burning hills" hihi

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 06:17:40 AM »

Axl sure is a funny bastard

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 07:10:29 AM »

Eva -
This is my last comment on this topic. <<insert Jarmo comment here>>
There is a difference between yelling "Axl Sucks" and logically critiquing Axl in writing. Can you not learn something about Axl from what he writes?
For example: the ebay comment: isn't it strange to think a member of the band had to go to e-bay to get a recording of the concert? How out of touch can you be.
For example: the "buckethead is erratic" comment. If this was well thought out, he might have reflected on this and thought "hey, this is what the press thinks about me, maybe this sounds a little ironic". Just read the mtv.com response.
For example: Buckethead is undercontract. Yes, and GNR is undercontract to perform at Rio. Why is his failure to live up to his Rio obligations okay, but not for Buckethead?

What I was referring to was that a lot of us are here 'rockin' out' as it were... a lot of us are pleased with Axl's statements - yet it seems as though there are a bevy of fans that are just trying to tear his statements down... If that is not what you were doing - then excuse me - I misunderstood.  

True how he describes Buckethead is how the press (and many fans describe him).  However, to be truly ironic it would have to be the way that those whom Axl has been working with over the past 5 years described him.  Just my take on it.

And nothing in the statement indicates that he thinks its 'ok' to cancel Rio.  He's explaining and aplogizing about that very thing.

Hey its okay - everyone will see things differently.
No offense.
 peace
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 08:30:07 AM »

Good topic Monkey

I liked reading it - thanks for the laugh
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2004, 10:10:40 AM »

what about the one that says

"take the recording one step further"

nervous
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2004, 06:05:41 PM »

The whole damn thing reminds me of the first time back in 1993 when I read an article that said: " 'The Spaghetti Incident?' is being released to tide Gun fans over until the release of the new album."  Here we are 11 years later and still hearing the same shit over and over again.  

Last I heard one of Axl's big arguments in court was the release of the new "Hits" record would hinder the release of "Chinese Democracy."  WHY!?  What possible effect would it have if the damn thing was ready to come out?  Total bull-shit.  Even though I agree with Axl, Slash, & Duff on their views on the "Hits" album coming out, I applaud Geffen for smacking Axl in the face.  They said it themselves:  "If Axl had given us the new record as promised we wouldn't have to release this compilation."

Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2004, 07:22:31 PM »

First Buckethead bailed, the label will probably be next.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: