Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 3939 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« on: March 31, 2004, 06:22:04 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read something about when Buckethead first joined, Axl had to really win him over. Wasn't it some kind of situation where Axl got him a gift and went out of his way to be really nice to him and convince him that it'd be a good idea? If I imagined this let me know, but if not, does anyone know where it's from? I'd like to read it again.

Because if I'm right about that, then this all makes a little more sense (and is also a little sadder). The possibility that Bucket never really wanted to be in GNR, but then was won over by Axl, the idea of increasing his fame, working with Brain and other very talented people... but eventually when the commitment became too big, dragged on too long, he left, taking the bit of recognition he got from it with him. It would explain Axl blaming himself for being too nice with Bucket and putting GNR in this position.  Thoughts?
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »

I don't know if Axl had to win him over or not.  The fact is this, this was a group of hired contract musicians, not a real band held together by common goals, bond etc.

Buckethead, as I'm sure is the case with the others took the opportunity for the fact of public recognition and financial gain, which would benefit their careers.  Did he like Axl?   Maybe.  He likes Michael Jackson, why not Axl?  But no musician is just going to sit around for years.  The end was inevitable.  If the others are not gone already, it's only a question of when.  

What Axl says is of little consequence, as in my opinion he doesn't seem to deal in reality.  
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »

I'm not so sure about your statement of them being "real band held together by common goals, bond etc.". I mean, they are in a band where they recieve abuse, and as a band, they've only released one song, but they could be off on other endeavors playing and earning money, out doing what they love, yet they remain wholed up in a studio year after year. Why? And don't say money, because they could make as much somewhere else...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 06:53:52 PM »

What Axl says is of little consequence, as in my opinion he doesn't seem to deal in reality.  
Thats fine but then I hope I wont see you complaining that axl or the band hasnt said anything. You cant have it both ways. If you arent one to complain about the "lack of fan communication" then i have no problem with your comments

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 07:20:30 PM »

yet they remain wholed up in a studio year after year. Why? And don't say money, because they could make as much somewhere else...

I'm not sure that's true.  I have no idea what Axl pays them, but a maturing rock musician isn't always afforded that many opportunities.  They also get a lot of publicity and I'm sure Axl has used his influence (like he indicated in the press release) to get them solo contracts and such.  I think all of the guys in the band try to stay busy, by recording their own music or playing with other people.  They honor contracts, but I'm sure when the situation becomes clear to them that nothing is happening with this album, they won't stay indefinitely.  Really, who can blame them?  

Thats fine but then I hope I wont see you complaining that axl or the band hasnt said anything. You cant have it both ways.

I don't and you won't.  I never expect anything out of Axl and therefore, I'm never disappointed.  I'm a great fan of his, and I find him fascinating, although I would never blindly believe anything he says.  It's his view, but that doesn't make it true.  
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 08:07:41 PM »

i read that story on the mtv news archives, somthing about kurt loder speks to bucketheads glove
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 08:26:50 PM »

Rumor has it Axl invited Bucket over, and he wanted him in the band, and to seal the deal (if you will), Axl gave him a hard-to-find Leatherface doll, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure that's far from true, but that's what they say...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 09:22:04 PM »

I don't know if Axl had to win him over or not.  The fact is this, this was a group of hired contract musicians, not a real band held together by common goals, bond etc.

Buckethead, as I'm sure is the case with the others took the opportunity for the fact of public recognition and financial gain, which would benefit their careers.  Did he like Axl?   Maybe.  He likes Michael Jackson, why not Axl?  But no musician is just going to sit around for years.  The end was inevitable.  If the others are not gone already, it's only a question of when.  

Man !! no one has told this so cold like you... cold but 100% truth.

//JK
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 09:26:54 PM »

Thats fine but then I hope I wont see you complaining that axl or the band hasnt said anything. You cant have it both ways. If you arent one to complain about the "lack of fan communication" then i have no problem with your comments

ah c?mon man, Its the first time Axl speaks in more than a year!!! It was more than his obligation to do that. Besides, its not like now hes gonna give us a updtae once a month. Expect to hear from him again in 2006
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 02:55:51 AM »

Thanks ckgent and tiedhands, that's what i was thinking of. ah well.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 04:23:50 AM »

BH wouldn't waste his time in something he didn't have his heart with

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 04:45:13 AM »

Freia
Why can't they have common goals?
They're all proffesionals, skilled, have experience. style, image and they all know they're seen by society as musicians. They have commitment to music in much of what they do (in the way of behave, tattoing and wich sosial arenas they attends).
To me it seems it just aint a way too surrive anymore.
...like becoming a student
They're all there in the name of image and music IMO

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 05:04:47 AM »

Maybe he got tired of Finck's shocking guitar playing?  No-one seems to have thought of this...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 05:40:23 AM »

Maybe he got tired of Finck's shocking guitar playing?  No-one seems to have thought of this...

C'mon it's not that bad....

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 10:06:16 AM »

Freia
Why can't they have common goals?

Well, it's just Axl's baby.  It's his music, his direction, his timeline.  They're on his payroll.  It's hardly the same as with the young gunners with their us against them mentality.  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 11:49:22 AM »

I don't and you won't.  I never expect anything out of Axl and therefore, I'm never disappointed.  I'm a great fan of his, and I find him fascinating, although I would never blindly believe anything he says.  It's his view, but that doesn't make it true.
i agree.

ah c?mon man, Its the first time Axl speaks in more than a year!!! It was more than his obligation to do that.
Oh really? What other obligations does axl have and what else does he owe you?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: