Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bravewords.com release date rumor...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bravewords.com release date rumor...  (Read 41699 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2006, 09:49:33 PM »

this still could happen because they did say suprise marketing campaign and supposedly the better ad is premering the 19th. It could be a coincidence but i hope not

I hope its true! Screw the marketing, just get the damn thing out as soon as possible. I don't care who else knows its out or wants to buy it. It doesn't matter to me any anymore, the more I think about it I just really don't care what kind marketing they do. As long as we know when the album's out, whether thats the day of or 3 weeks before, who cares?? I just want to buy it as soon as possible.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2006, 09:52:35 PM »

lol yea i dont care about marketing either i just want it out

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2006, 09:58:29 PM »

just imagine...in 1 week, ChiDem could be out...imagine if it did come out next week and we look back to what we were thinking today...completely in the dark... drool

oh man...next wk better fuckin happen.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »

I posted this somewhere else already... I've been living on the forums lately. I can't wait to have this album!

I think the CD release is another form of the way the live show unfolds... you're standing there, getting more anxious by the minute... thinking "shit, if they haven't gone on yet, they may never go on"... no matter how logical it is beforehand that, "OK, they're going to go on late in the night; they always do," you still get paranoid at the show. maybe angry. actually, at least a little angry. "Should I go get another drink, or do I stick around because I got a sweet spot to watch the show from?"

then.... bam! the lights are out and you hear WTTJ, and not only is all forgiven, but the release of all that built up anxiety gets you pumped in way you wouldn't had been if you weren't getting pissed off with every passing minute.

i was in vegas in 2000/2001... got into HOB about 15 minutes into 2001, got pretty angry myself waiting for over 3 HOURS. the cartoon they played was hilarious, and they said "sorry, but we'll see you next time" or something. And when they hit it was just amazing.

it's like Andy Kaufman or something. a bizarre form of showmanship that usually works... like playing with dynomite and knowing "about how far" away you need to be in order to not get hurt but still feel the explosive rush of air.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 10:06:42 PM by Tkkyj » Logged
Serg
Opening Act

The One You'd Least Expect

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2006, 10:04:20 PM »

I hope this is true smoking
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »

has anyone gotten thier emails responded to yet or what

I finally did. They reiterated that their two sources are very reliable, but that the label is being extra careful in case a couple more trips to the studio makes a significantly better album. So they, in turn, pulled the article since-- while it seems that the label expects to release on the 21-- anything can happen when the concept of time and GNR collide. (paraphrased... I have the e-mail at work)

"And if we had the track list or cover art, trust me, you would have seen it." (pretty sure this is verbatim; made an effort to remember it)

Thanks for the update.

I wonder why one of their sources told them that tracklisting and cover art were to follow.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

Hope it's true.......but.....I guess time will tell.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »

I posted this somewhere else already... I've been living on the forums lately. I can't wait to have this album!

I think the CD release is another form of the way the live show unfolds... you're standing there, getting more anxious by the minute... thinking "shit, if they haven't gone on yet, they may never go on"... no matter how logical it is beforehand that, "OK, they're going to go on late in the night; they always do," you still get paranoid at the show. maybe angry. actually, at least a little angry. "Should I go get another drink, or do I stick around because I got a sweet spot to watch the show from?"

then.... bam! the lights are out and you hear WTTJ, and not only is all forgiven, but the release of all that built up anxiety gets you pumped in way you wouldn't had been if you weren't getting pissed off with every passing minute.

i was in vegas in 2000/2001... got into HOB about 15 minutes into 2001, got pretty angry myself waiting for over 3 HOURS. the cartoon they played was hilarious, and they said "sorry, but we'll see you next time" or something. And when they hit it was just amazing.

it's like Andy Kaufman or something. a bizarre form of showmanship that usually works... like playing with dynomite and knowing "about how far" away you need to be in order to not get hurt but still feel the explosive rush of air.

A Good read...very intresting, and very true... beer
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:46 PM »

If it does come out before Christmas I will buy 3 copies.

I think that you should be held to this if it's true,  dude. yes
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2006, 11:03:48 PM »

Is this even on bravewords.com anymore? I can't find it.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »

has anyone gotten thier emails responded to yet or what

I finally did. They reiterated that their two sources are very reliable, but that the label is being extra careful in case a couple more trips to the studio makes a significantly better album. So they, in turn, pulled the article since-- while it seems that the label expects to release on the 21-- anything can happen when the concept of time and GNR collide. (paraphrased... I have the e-mail at work)

"And if we had the track list or cover art, trust me, you would have seen it." (pretty sure this is verbatim; made an effort to remember it)

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. After the way this album has been produced and delayed in the past, nobody wants to stick their neck out on a solid release date - they just want to carry on the way they have been and let it run their course. If there's another amazing song, some kind of big improvement that can be made, they won't hesitate to push the album back a little. They gave themselves a dead-line (this year), and other than that they don't want to totally commit.
This seems in line with the way they do things... they want perfection, but they're kind of laid back about it.
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2006, 11:37:58 PM »

Yeah, I'm just not sure how much "improvement in the studio" can be made while they're touring.  Doesn't really make sense to me.  I would have thought all recording and touch-ups were done before the launch of this leg of the tour.  Isn't the album supposedly mixed by now?
nyrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2006, 11:43:03 PM »

i spoke to a local small record store by my house today and they told me that their is some talk the 21st is the day. ?he also told me on saturday he would recieve it if that day is correct. ?this store is unlike all the big chain stores and does not put things out when it is suppose to, so if they actually recieve it ?saturday like he said he should then i will have it in my hands 3 days in advance. ? i have bought things in this store before as soon as two weeks early dvds and cds. ?i know this is illegal and huge fines would follow which is why i would not repeat the name of the store but i am sure plenty of you people know of these stores and can get it the same way i have two in my area who do this type of thing. ?i know you people think this gnr thing is going to be such a tightly kept secret but 17 year old ?kids who make 8 dollars an hour and small stoes in bullshit neigborhoods dont give a shit about the rules or gnr. ?i suggest you all go to your local shops and look on saturday maybe we will get lucky. ?i am not counting on it. ?but if i get it i would be happy to scan the art work and tell about the track listings etc even know everyone hear will say its bs i would be happy to. ?would never leak the cd and i hope no one else does and ruin this never ending wait we have all waited but, it would be cool to get this thing before all you mods who sware to have inside info all these years. ?
nyrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2006, 11:44:48 PM »

has anyone mentioned how harley davidson was pulling PC and replacing it with better after the 19th it makes alot of sense for the day to be 21st  check the harley press release
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2006, 11:48:45 PM »

The HD Press release also says something to the effect of "the ad with better will be aired in EARLY November".  Maybe it's just semantics, but that obvously wasn't the case.  Also interesting is that the first release of the ad stated that the Better version was coming "later in October" or something to that effect.  Things possibly getting pushed back?
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »

A Good read...very intresting, and very true... beer

Another very interesting thing going on right now is the slow signs of logical steps towards a release, and the massive influx of ridiculous claims.

Logical: Rolling Stone says Nov.21; Harley Davidson ad w/single from the new album; BraveWords says Nov.21; etc.

Ridiculous: Canada paper lieing and claiming UMG says "not this year"; "Far Downs"; "somehow, only Virgin Chicago knows that its release is imminent and has an in-store"

And all the ridiculous claims, as they are disproven, have brought a lot of people to this breaking point where they have started to think it isn't coming out any time soon. Which, in my admittedly illogical opinion, seems like the best time to spring the trap.

All this crap about what record stores say... I just don't believe that record stores will be the first to know OR the first to have it. Eventually, sure, but perhaps not at first. Has anyone ever asked (and received an answer from) Merck or anyone about whether this will be in record stores first? or iTunes?

If you ignore all the ridiculous stuff, you should still be pretty confident that the album is coming this year.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »

I REALLY hope its the 21st, but I can week another week or two.  All the suspense is great.  But what a shock people would be in if it did come out that day.  I"m sure these boards will be flooded with posts breaking down each song.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »

im not getting my hopes up, but if it is true, only a couple more days till Chin-dem...

I believe axl will keep his word and release it this year...
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2006, 11:37:47 PM »

i hope it comes out that day too, but it will get leaked, most cds do
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2006, 11:50:14 PM »

I stay pretty quite on these boards but i'm here daily and several times a day.  I have been reading so much about the album coming out and everything it has all really been manifesting itself inside of me.  I'm still in the camp that it's totally coming out this year.  I have just been thinking that it would really be silly at this point if it didn't come out on the 21st.  I realise it's so soon but every publication has said it to be this day.  The biggest music magazine has said it's this day and merck has not came straight out and deny.  Magazines like rolling stone are a huge publication and they can't lie.  I believe that was the first time they have ever had an acutal date not just your standard "early 2005"!

They would be silly not to use all of this advertisment they have had.  I really believe there is a plan happening right now and we are just all caught up in it.

Man it's just gonna be such a trip once it's finally out!  I have never waited 6 years for something!

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: