Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 4th, 2010 Sydney, NSW, Australia (UPDATES)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 4th, 2010 Sydney, NSW, Australia (UPDATES)  (Read 42089 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2010, 02:52:40 AM »

Nah, but think did

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2010, 03:07:29 AM »

Look at the drivel  hihi

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor/axl-roses-rock-star-antics-rock-v8-finale/story-e6frey5r-1225966007656

I'm not sure they will publish my concerns regarding their source information. They just get away with making up reasons for being late, phone conversations, starting times and traffic routes, no questions asked. No retractions.
Ace_954
Opening Act

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »

I can't believe the media is going on about the lateness of GNR on this tour. Are you kidding me? Would you rather it was a midnight start like back in 2007. I was elated when the lights went down at 8:30pm. With Axl, it doesn't get much better than that.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2010, 08:24:09 AM »

I can't believe the media is going on about the lateness of GNR on this tour. Are you kidding me? Would you rather it was a midnight start like back in 2007. I was elated when the lights went down at 8:30pm. With Axl, it doesn't get much better than that.
I know what you mean.  This has been a GNR standard for decades.  It's like people complaining about band members who have been gone 15 to 20 years.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »

Couple of my vids guys, still have a ton of pics etc to upload, but they're all hi res / HD so they're taking ages.

Will get everything up on Thursday, after the Adelaide show when I'm back home! ok

Sorry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzsXaUx8gWg

Jungle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZB1tBDp67k

Please watch them in HQ if your connection can handle it, so I don't feel like I wasted 3 hours uploading 1.5GB of viddeo to YT.... hihi

More to come!
Watched in 720p, great footage. Really loved that you filmed the other members aswell, that's something not everybody does. Smiley

As for the performance, that was fucking great! Cheesy

yibbida
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2010, 08:56:30 AM »

A few pics my GF took from Sat night:

André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »

Thank's for the vids and pics !!!
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »

Look at the drivel  hihi

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor/axl-roses-rock-star-antics-rock-v8-finale/story-e6frey5r-1225966007656

I'm not sure they will publish my concerns regarding their source information. They just get away with making up reasons for being late, phone conversations, starting times and traffic routes, no questions asked. No retractions.

look at this then

http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-concert-leaves-fans-fuming/tabid/418/articleID/189235/Default.aspx

Axl could sue them I think as they accuse him of miming!!
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »

Almost whole show:

http://gnrworld.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/sydney-nsw-australia-set-list-pictures-and-videos/

Some songs are left to be added...but just couples.  Some GREAT shots there.

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »

GN'R Thrill Faithful At Sydney Show

5 December, 2010

The Telstra V8 Supercars organisers would have been relieved to see GN'R start their set only 15-minutes behind schedule and for the next 2-and-a-half hours they thrilled the GN'R faithful with a great rock show.

DJ Ashba has assumed the role of Slash, top hat and all, and he definitely has the chops to carry off every solo, while Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy "F***in" Reed and Frank Ferrer are all excellent musicians that carry off their own vibe.

Triple M's Byron Cooke admitted GN'R put on an entertaining show.

"They do their thing and hell, they played "Welcome To The Jungle", "It's So Easy" and "Mr Brownstone" back to back. I can't hate them for that!

"Any gig you see the night after a U2360 spectacular is going to lack intensity, so it was rough for me to be impartial tonight. But Axl is still a rockstar. He is entitled to perform and do what he loves doing."

Despite the ANZ Stadium being only half-full the GN'R faithful really got into it, especially for rousing versions of "November Rain" and the Acca Dacca classic "Whole Lotta Rosie", both of which set the crowd alight.

Setlist
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Better
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Rocket Queen
Dizzy Reed piano solo
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba guitar solo
Sweet Child O Mine
Another Brick In The Wall (instrumental version)
November Rain
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal Guitar Solo
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Whole Lotta Rosie
Nightrain

Encore
Don't Cry
Madagascar
Paradise City

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news//blog/gnr-thrill-faithful-at-sydney-show/20101205-at69.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:59:18 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2010, 05:47:46 AM »

Is that a GN'R hat??

When's this available on the online store?  Shocked

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mundi
Opening Act

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »

Firstly, I'm not new here but I haven't logged on in a long time and my login disappeared. 

I was at the Sydney show, flew over from Perth before they announced the show here... I am going to that one too.

Now, I stand on neutral ground with GNR because I've had some disappointmets and quite frankly I thought at the 2007 Perth show Axl semed like he was stuggling (in his defence the venue was crap), his vocals weren't the best and I would even say that some of his vocals on Chinese Democracy (album) were average, far from the early days....

Then comes Sydney, here I am expecting a show similar to 2007, good, but aware that the year have passed an deterioration is inevitable... Hll, I was willing to travel over to see him so I still expected something good..

Ok WTF, who is this guy? surely not.... His voice was the best I have heard since the very early days, I'm talking appetite era.  Far superior to his recent album and 10x better than 2007.  Axl, IMHO is back with a vengence.  The show in Sydney was one of the best rock shows I have ever seen, in every way. Axls voice was absolutely superb.  As for the rest of the band, they performed with an intensity not often seen.  DJ Asba, whom I know nothing about, was extremely charismatic and had the crowd really pumping.  They all were really great.

The show was that great that I'd have to say Axl's voice has improved over the past few years.  I can't help but wonder if CD was recorded right now, I think it may be a completely different beast.

As for the claims about lateness and lip synching.  A few minutes late, a lot earlier than I expected that's for sure.  Axl's voice was layered in parts which is what I assume people think was lip synching, but he definitely did not at any stage lip sync, BUT the vocals were THAT good!!!
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »

I don't think you'll see a day when Axl lip syncs his songs.  He will retire for good before that happens IMHO

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2010, 07:37:27 AM »

I strongly disagree about Axl's vocals on the album (IMO, his best work by far, just different from the early days). Anyways, cool review, Im glad you liked the show! ok

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33:57 AM »

Absolutely great vocals on CD and live... at times you might get mislead and think it's a backing track you hear, but in fact you hear and see Chris, Dizzy, Ron and Tommy on backing vocals.

In other tracks there's is obviously a backing track with harmony vocals, but that's something that's been done ever since big live production's been setup in the 70's and 80's etc and second these are done for two reasons...
A: part's you otherwise can't recreate live and B: to thicken the lead vocals and/or backing vocals.

In Axl's case it's definitely part's you can not recreate live, like the backing vocals of Sebastian in Sorry for example and the intro of Better.
Either way it surely fit's the live production and has really been improved since the early beginning of the tour in Japan and South Korea,
these stems are better blend in to the mix and became less obvious but just right to do what they are supposed to do.

But there is definitely no lip syncing going, in the last Better video you might think he is but is in fact miming to the backing vocals of the rest of the gang...
Something else nobody ever seems to mention is that Chris, Ron and Dizzy are performing pretty high ball breaking notes as well. Top notch !!!

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:54:08 AM by Z?phyr » Logged

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Mundi
Opening Act

« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2010, 10:54:06 PM »

It was Chinese Democracy that there were layered vocals.  I'm pretty sure it was not the band backing up as it was Axl's voice - unless one of them can replicate it.  That's why I did a double take myself when watching/listening. There is nothing wrong with using layering, it's not like lip synching it's just like adding an extra instrument, IMO no different to playing horns on a synth...

IMHO since last seeing him in 2007 his vocals have improved out of sight.  I was really blown away in Sydney and did not expect what I got at all.  From my experiences he was far stronger and far more confident. This actually makes sense as a well trained voal cord gets stronger with more use - I just didn't expect what I got.  There is no doubt that in the years between TSI and CD his voice was not used anywhere near as often as it has been since CD was released.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »

Not trying to hijack the thread talking about his voice before the CD, but I think you're misunderstanding what he tried to achieve. The rasp is great, but with his cleaner voice he reached the highest notes of his carreer. To me sounds quite the opposite of what you said.

alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »

Does anyone know how many people turned up at the Syd gig?  I went and it was a great show.  Though I must say, I have seen them twice now and there is something missing........dare I say Slasher......................Huh  Look, the show was awesome and I am a huge fan of the new band, not so new now, but there is a chemistry the old guys had that is so fucking beautiful....I mess it.  But well done axl for this band and all it brings to us..... beer

Anyway, how manyt people came to Syd...anyone know???
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2010, 12:21:14 AM »

There were about 61,000 people at the show that evening. Somewhat different to the "half full" stadium some media commentators described it as...

For mine, I do not miss Slash at all. I saw him play with GNR twice and he often f*cked up his guitar parts, whether due to intoxication or some other reason who knows but his attitude about being THE guitarist for Guns N' Roses should be viewed in comparison to how well the current guys play. There IS no comparison IMHO. The current lineup blows the old Guns away in terms of their musical prowess live.

If you need to see an "attitude or a top hat" to make the concert feel "right" for you. Than I feel sorry for you. Me I prefer the music to be played WELL and this band delivers it in spades...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2010, 01:14:44 AM »

it was definately more than half full, I would say 75%-80%, obviously the section behind the stage was blocked off, but it was no fucking way half full.

Triple m are biased anyway, they have contractual agreements with Slash, he is the one that re did that dr death theme/even does guns n roses voice bites for them to this day, and he hasn't been in the band more than 14 fucking years.
What a joke they both are.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: