Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses  (Read 39932 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2016, 02:31:48 PM »

same feeling here Undecided

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcgkQMSL1is

Here it is again.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »

Ok, here is the quote

"basically Axl issued an ultimatum, that whole concept was dreamed up by peter paterno, who was still the band's attorney and it was written in a way where no one ever thought the band would break up, because if the band broke up axl would keep the name but axl would lose his say so on the board of directors of original gnr incorporated".
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:44:38 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2016, 07:01:46 PM »

very interesting observation woody. that had never occured to me before. its interesting, you have some people saying it took so long to make because of the talking heads in the record company, and then, was it frank? saying that things take a long time because axl is a perfectionist. last but not least, you have people on the forums arguing eternally over how it went down. there never seem to be any straight answers with this band.

If you never correct the record, or can't even be bothered to speak in the first place, you have little to no credibility complaining down the line that people speculated in directions you don't feel are fair or accurate.

The speculation is the result of your silence.  Ending the latter cuts down on the former.

perhaps he could clear some things up by speaking about them. if you had to guess, why do you think he prefers the silent bit so much? any possible good reason for it? any pros?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2016, 07:11:34 PM »

The biggest problem is that Axl did everything in his power to ensure he'd have the name "Guns N' Roses"... for someone that did all he did to get it... he's done very little with it

He tried so hard to be relevant that in the end... the album wasn't that relevant. Look man I like the album, I'm just saying its a shame it took so long

And we may never hear what else was done... this reunion is going to back catalog other things.

They aren't going to release CDII I don't think now. Not for awhile

reasons why he wanted the name, whether or not he should have ended up with it, what caused cds delay, why cd didnt catch on, its all debatable. its been debated to death though. its interesting that nobody seems to bite on this stuff anymore.

it used to drive people crazy, and not really that long ago. now nobody even flinches. i dont agree with a lot of what you say, but im not gonna have the same debate for the 1,000,000th time again, and nobody else seems to want to either, so live it up.  Smiley

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »

Just saw it... lots of interesting stories that remember i read back in the 90s.. and some new stuff to... But i think (for the most of it) everyone got a fair (equal)  treatment..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2016, 02:03:07 AM »

I really liked this doc

I like the comments on Axl getting the name but then having to give up all power to the parntership in regards to the entity of gnr. 

Makes a lot of sense where a lot of the lawsuits came from
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »

The biggest problem is that Axl did everything in his power to ensure he'd have the name "Guns N' Roses"... for someone that did all he did to get it... he's done very little with it

He tried so hard to be relevant that in the end... the album wasn't that relevant. Look man I like the album, I'm just saying its a shame it took so long

And we may never hear what else was done... this reunion is going to back catalog other things.

They aren't going to release CDII I don't think now. Not for awhile

reasons why he wanted the name, whether or not he should have ended up with it, what caused cds delay, why cd didnt catch on, its all debatable. its been debated to death though. its interesting that nobody seems to bite on this stuff anymore.

it used to drive people crazy, and not really that long ago. now nobody even flinches. i dont agree with a lot of what you say, but im not gonna have the same debate for the 1,000,000th time again, and nobody else seems to want to either, so live it up.  Smiley

RJ,  if there was a like button.. I'd press it 100 times for this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2016, 08:56:18 AM »

perhaps he could clear some things up by speaking about them. if you had to guess, why do you think he prefers the silent bit so much? any possible good reason for it? any pros?

I don't see many pros.  What I do see are tons of cons.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »

Just finished watching it, it was pretty well done.  I would have not had the weird girl or any of the shitty special effects in certain parts, it just screamed low budget/unauthorized.  It was a strange thing to include considering the actual film itself is well done and doesn't scream low budget at all.  I enjoyed the film and got to see some footage I haven't seen in a while or in some cases ever.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »

Thanks. Plan on watching this later when I have time.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:39 PM »

I don't see many pros.  What I do see are tons of cons.

im interested to see your pro and con list, if you have one and are willing to share. or anyone's really. id make one myself but im hungover as all hell from my night in fukuoka. i cant think straight, dont know why im even posting right now.

and thanks jaeball! i agree with a lot of the things youve said recently.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2016, 11:25:22 PM »

I enjoyed this doc. One complaint I have is that Dizzy seems to be consciously omitted. VH1 Behind The Music did the same thing. You never hear or see his name and barely see his face.

I just don't get that. Why not even mention an official band member of 20 years who plays on the majority of the studio albums?

I'm assuming he is the 6th motorcycle skeleton, but c'mon.

I don't think he is... I'm pretty sure the skeletons were Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and Matt.

Dizzy seems to get very little respect... even during the HOF induction by Green Day, they had something to say nice about everyone, but Dizzy got 'You play a mean keyboard... keep it up'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:31:37 PM by C0ma » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:13 PM »

I must have looked away for a minute the first time Michael Monroe was introduced and his name was flashed on the screen... the first time I saw him I was trying to figure out who it was and my first guess was one of the strippers from the 80's with really bad plastic surgery.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: