Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR playing Bud Light Superbowl Music Fest, January 31st, 2020 in Miami  (Read 24819 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »

On Fox tonight at 11:30

Rizzo160
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2020, 09:54:43 PM »

Aside from Better,  Axl has sounded great!
are u deaf? 0 Voice, he doesn’t even try...

First off, I would appreciate you not using ablest language. I have a physical disability and HATE this kinda of insult to someone who is deaf.

Second, Axl was good. You want to see someone mailing it in. Look up Brian Johnson from AC/DC at MetLife Stadium. I saw AC/DC 3 times. That last concert was when Brian Johnson was not even trying.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2020, 01:21:18 AM »

First off, I would appreciate you not using ablest language. I have a physical disability and HATE this kinda of insult to someone who is deaf.

Second, Axl was good. You want to see someone mailing it in. Look up Brian Johnson from AC/DC at MetLife Stadium. I saw AC/DC 3 times. That last concert was when Brian Johnson was not even trying.

Ironically, that is because Brian was losing his hearing on that tour. I think he did an incredible job considering he was basically hitting the notes by muscle memory.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2020, 02:36:55 AM »

It’s time!  It’s time for Axl to lip sync when GNR plays any show that is going to be seen by the world.  Low voice- fine. Rasp- good.  Other voice- not good ....at all

Sounds so much better with AC/DC nowadays. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 02:49:59 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2020, 03:00:48 AM »

It’s time!  It’s time for Axl to lip sync when GNR plays any show that is going to be seen by the world.  Low voice- fine. Rasp- good.  Other voice- not good ....at all

Sounds so much better with AC/DC nowadays. 

Fuck me backwards, you really do want the band to be a tour greatest hits touring ensemble don't you. This band has always been a warts and all affair, when that happens this will mark the beginning of the end...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2020, 03:16:21 AM »

it’s just a way of saying and i’m not to trying to insult anybody, and I won’t play this game with you or anybody else, i’m fed up with this bullshit. And please don’t speak from a podium not knowing other people’s situation. And ... should i remind you what kind of band are u listening to and the nice words being used in their songs? Be serious.... Said this, axl is singin at his 10% , I don’t know if he’s just out of vocal/physical shape or he has some other issues or because he’s getting older...it is what it is...and I find more insulting denying this... His singin’ quality is not a matter of opinion, he’s just singin bad, surely worse than 2016/2017.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:43 AM »

Sounds like it was actually a good GNR crowd there. I caught Rocket Queen on youtube and they were singing along pretty enthusiastically.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:41:33 AM by (t) » Logged
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »

Love this band, but wow. ‘New chapter’ ‘New show’ you cant charge fans $$ and play the exact same show from the last 3 years whilst promoting otherwise. Utterly disappointed. Seriously how hard is to even open the show with a different song??

The lack of comments on this thread seem to indicate the lack of interest this band generates from the ‘hard core’  fans. Very very sad.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2020, 07:29:47 AM »

Just watched what Fox had on last night  "Super Bowl Music Fest" - basically an hour and it was pretty much what you'd expect from a SuperBowl progam -
All over the place, J-Lo, Shakira interviews, Snoop playing - they just tried to squeeze as much music related content as possible into an hour

As for GNR - They showed one song - Sweet Child
It was good.

Slash completely owned the stage. His sound was pitch perfect and his solo was just ridiculously good.
Rest of the band was on point - I haven't checked out youtube for other clips but it sounded really strong all together and yeah - the crowd was dancing and into it

As for the main man - he was fine. The voice had a little of the helium thing and lacked the power to go with Slash but there were moments that were great and most importantly they came off as a fine tuned band jamming out and having fun. Always thought the running around takes away from the power of the voice but whatever works.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2020, 09:16:39 AM »

I caught the GNR segment on Fox last night also. Nice to see GNR have some spotlight, but they could have picked another song. Axl didn't sound that great to me. Then again SCOM was never a live favorite of mine. So much better to choose from.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »

Love this band, but wow. ‘New chapter’ ‘New show’ you cant charge fans $$ and play the exact same show from the last 3 years whilst promoting otherwise. Utterly disappointed. Seriously how hard is to even open the show with a different song??

The lack of comments on this thread seem to indicate the lack of interest this band generates from the ‘hard core’  fans. Very very sad.

To be fair, the «next chapter» and «new show» stuff is how they’re marketing the summer European shows. Not the current ones.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2020, 10:18:04 AM »

Sweet Child sounded and looked great.
Not nearly as bad as some comments say.

Frank looked a bit bored tho Grin
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:30:25 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2020, 11:10:47 AM »

An one off show taking place months before the next tour leg and some assume it's some kind of indicator of what the rest of the year will be like...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »

I liked that show.  Before it seemed like they were speeding their way through the show.  This one seemed to flow at a speed that allowed you time to be drawn in.  Wasn't holding on so tight to my mouse, lol.  Hope that's an indicator of future shows.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2020, 01:24:02 PM »

.  Slash ‘s  solo was very good, frank keeps on rushing (it’s almost unbelievable after 4 years with this lineup) axl is out of breath but at least his clean voice in scom works well, one of the few songs imho. The choice of the song was correct imho
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »

I’m sure the networks selected the song and if that’s the case, they’re going to pick the most well known song. Some corporate big wig isn’t going to listen to that whole concert and try to determine where they sounded the best.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »

it’s just a way of saying and i’m not to trying to insult anybody, and I won’t play this game with you or anybody else, i’m fed up with this bullshit. And please don’t speak from a podium not knowing other people’s situation. And ... should i remind you what kind of band are u listening to and the nice words being used in their songs? Be serious.... Said this, axl is singin at his 10% , I don’t know if he’s just out of vocal/physical shape or he has some other issues or because he’s getting older...it is what it is...and I find more insulting denying this... His singin’ quality is not a matter of opinion, he’s just singin bad, surely worse than 2016/2017.

You came off insulting  me. Not vice versa. I'm calling the kettle black and saying you need to listen to your own advice. I'm also done with this and don't want to keep this back and forth.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »

An one off show taking place months before the next tour leg and some assume it's some kind of indicator of what the rest of the year will be like...

/jarmo

By "months before" you mean one month before, right?  The "next chapter" starts in March. 
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

.  Slash ‘s  solo was very good, frank keeps on rushing (it’s almost unbelievable after 4 years with this lineup) axl is out of breath but at least his clean voice in scom works well, one of the few songs imho. The choice of the song was correct imho
Yeah. The ending was a bit fast for axl to sing properly.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2020, 05:29:27 PM »

/jarmo

By "months before" you mean one month before, right?  The "next chapter" starts in March. 
Exactly! So we are expected to believe that in the next month the band are going to rehearse a complete different show. Which is likely, the past few months could have been 'off time' for the band. And they haven't gotten together to yet rehearse anything new, but will use this month to do so. This is being positive, but for anyone using the Miami show as an indicator of what to expect would be disappointed if they have seen this show before and are purchasing tickets.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: