Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227862 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  just a perspective
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just a perspective  (Read 2458 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« on: January 09, 2010, 05:51:18 AM »

I was born in the year 1970, I grew up with GNR  IN THE 80'S. From the first note i HEARD Of SCOM, and now 23 yrs later and I am still blown away by this band . So many, not all, think that a egg hatches by its bringer. BUT I disagree, I think GNR have and are still as relevant today as in my one-time "youth", but its always#s but for some.  Anyone can say what they will and they will, always someone knows better it seems.lol But whatever I commend AXL and the hard work it took (and I know so many others think its irrelevant), to keep GNR alive, and fuck you to those who think you know"BETTER"!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:01:50 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:11:42 AM »

You're the living proof that this band isnt just an average one even with all the shit. You always have my respect for being such a positive and dedicated fan.

and fuck you to those who think you know"BETTER"!
That pretty much sums it up. Smiley

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »

I was born in the year 1970, I grew up with GNR  IN THE 80'S. From the first note i HEARD Of SCOM, and now 23 yrs later and I am still blown away by this band . So many, not all, think that a egg hatches by its bringer. BUT I disagree, I think GNR have and are still as relevant today as in my one-time "youth", but its always#s but for some.  Anyone can say what they will and they will, always someone knows better it seems.lol But whatever I commend AXL and the hard work it took (and I know so many others think its irrelevant), to keep GNR alive, and fuck you to those who think you know"BETTER"!

Good way to put it. I am also in your age group. I grew up listening to all kinds of music. I was influenced by all the different 80's stuff but the first time I saw WTTJ on MTV that was it! And your right the music is just as important as it was then. Just look at all the young rockers out there now. its hard to find a single on that won't admit to gnr being an influence.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »

Agreed!!!

I think CD is an incredibly relevant album today, but there are always going to be people who will refuse to listen to it, just because it's not the original line-up/UYI line-up. Fuck 'em, let 'em miss out... it's their loss at the end of the day.

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »

The fact that Axl has always been about the music means a lot to me.
He's never half-assed a performance...he's never gone through the motions just to make a buck...it's called integrity.
CD kicks tremendous ass!    beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »

I'm also in that age group..When AFD came out I was into the Beastie Boys and losing interest in the little rock music I was listening to and gaining interest in rap. WTTJ and SCOM didn't click right away. Than I heard the entire AFD cassette and was blown away.. I lost interest in rap and became interested in an entire genre of rock/metal..I have to admit I still have some guilty pleasure rap tunes, but remember "A good song can be found any where"...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »

Yeah its great to see how the band has generations of fans, and still they inspire people to think and be creative for them-self , and they set a standard..whether people agree with me or not, this is bout a BAND that has evolved as we as people do, change things in our own life to better to move on. I guess all I mean to say is that I could never look at GNR and think of it anything less than the journey .And when I say that I am saying we all change but we are who we are, less of course you despise yourself so much that you decide to change your own name..lol  But I think its great and becoming abundantly clear that GUN N ROSES will always be and regardless of changes still stay true , as I think most would agree we all try to do even if we make changes.  peace beer yes

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:31:03 PM »

Agreed!!!

I think CD is an incredibly relevant album today, but there are always going to be people who will refuse to listen to it, just because it's not the original line-up/UYI line-up. Fuck 'em, let 'em miss out... it's their loss at the end of the day.

Agreed.  These are the people who will go to the upcoming shows and still complain.  Fuck em.  Music is subjective.  I just wish all the haters would stay away from the boards.  Long live GNR!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »

Awesome.. I love all the line ups but want to see guns back on top of the charts because all the music in the charts is shit.  If they do put out a video even a live one it will help spread the word that there is a new line up and the new music is awesome too Smiley

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »

You see, we already have this "perspective" because we've been with GnR since the 80's and unlike average music listeners we got to know this band in deep. And as we grew up and evolved the band has done the same, unlike any other band we've followed. We see it, but the people that never cared, those will take a lot longer to have such a perception of things. Chinese Democracy, 30 years from now, will be seen as GnR's white album. It's really misunderstood now, but as GnR takes distance from all the saga that surrounded CD, people will forget their prejudices and allow themselves to experience what this band truly is.

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 05:23:45 AM »

I was born in 87, and ever since i can remeber listening to music, its been GNR. my Mum loved her rock tunes, and she had the AFD cassette, that became my first cassete and even as we speak im listening to AFD  ok

alotta changes has happend since then, and although id love a reunion, im not that botherd if the original line up never share that stage again, this lines up of GNR is kickin some ass, and i cant wait till they come to europe  ok

How amazing would GNR be if the record company got right behind them like back in the day ...

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 03:09:35 PM »

Most of the beef that my friends seem to have with Axl is that he kept the name Guns N' Roses when he's the only remaining original member. Truth be told, I actually understand them having a problem with this, but in my opinion he was the band. The original lineup minus Axl would have never been signed. I remain a fan because Axl is one of the most interesting pop culture icons ever in my opinion. I don't have a problem with him keeping the name because I know he has a vision for the way he wants things to go and if he thinks the name is that crucial to the music, I'm all for it.

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »

Also, I too would be fine never seeing a reunion. I would like the band, or just Axl and Slash, to publicly resolve their differences like make an appearance together or something. How awesome would that be?

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »

Awesome? I dunno, I am certainly not waiting for it   smoking

Anyway, back on topic.
I was born in 1976 and same kinda story with me. As a youngster (the age of 10-12) I was mainly listening to pop music (I hadn't really found my style of music yet)until that one magical moment in 1988 when I saw the Paradise City for the first time on MTV. It completely blew me away! That was in the time when we just bought our first vcr player (man, I sound like Granpa Simpson now hihi) and me as a kid was amazed by the phenomenon of video recording. All I did was recording video clips on MTV. All kind of random stuff. I remember I started recording PC without knowing what it was. As I was watching it my jaw dropped and I thought 'wow this is amazing, this is going to be my band! I watched it over and over again (even now, when PC ends, I can still hear the song in my head that followed PC on that tape sometimes - it was 'the only way is up by a band called Jazz'). I still have that video cassette and I watched it with my wife the other day. It was funny to see that again.

Ever since than I have been listening to GnR. People often asked me how I don't get bored of them. The answer is always 'NO WAY'.
I have changed a lot, Gunners have changed a lot. And that is a good thing.
A big fuck you to all those who are afraid of changes and a big phat pat on the back of all those who have evolved.  Wink

Viva la evolution !

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »

I actually understand them having a problem with this, but in my opinion he was the band.

Nah, GNR was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and steven.  None of us can say who would or wouldn't have made it without the others, cos that didnt happen.

Im liking the current band at the moment though, hopefully they can keep the momentum going for more years to come. 

The next album should be interesting as a lot of the CD line up has moved on so it will be cool to see what the newest members come up with.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: