Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 232496 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »

I mean its cool that Bach is talkin about Axl on HIS RECORD but when he starts volunteering too much info on CD about "Sorry" and 4 different versions etc. That makes me nervous.

I don't think Baz would volunteer any info he wasn't sure Axl was cool with.  They are tight again these days and I'm sure Baz knows whats cool and not cool.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »

I mean its cool that Bach is talkin about Axl on HIS RECORD but when he starts volunteering too much info on CD about "Sorry" and 4 different versions etc. That makes me nervous.

I don't think Baz would volunteer any info he wasn't sure Axl was cool with.? They are tight again these days and I'm sure Baz knows whats cool and not cool.
Yeah i think he knows whats cool and all  good point

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »

Maybe its overreacting from me, but if Axl was ok to do that, with Angel Down coming out in November 20th, it would be because he wants to put the CD album by that time too...

Come on now. It's very unlikely that Axl knew when Bach's album would come out when he agreed to do it.

Why it's unlikely? And I didn't say like it would be at the same date, but around it... Could be before or after, but the point is still valid. And I do think he already had an idea of when Angel Down would be released.

I don't think Baz would volunteer any info he wasn't sure Axl was cool with.  They are tight again these days and I'm sure Baz knows whats cool and not cool.
Yeah. Also, he spoke about Sorry again, so I guess he had a pretty good idea about what he was allowed to talk about.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »

they should pay BAz some huge money... he's the guy giving us updates about the album... Ok, Dell did it two but not as great as baz is doing, 

sorry, singing on it, there are 4 albums. Cd just one of them.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2007, 03:18:59 PM »

Wow, four iterations of Chinese Democracy.  I hope Axl is not still formulating a track list

If I had it my way, most of the leaks would not be on the album. My expectation however is that CD, IRS, Madagascar, Blues and Better will show up.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »

I'm pretty excited about this news overall. I'm hoping (as everyone is) for the real big news soon,

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »

the real big news, I guess this was a part of it. but by Sebastian bach, I think when Axl is ready to put out something it will contain not much more....
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

The irony.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »

Word is getting around...can't wait to hear these collaborations!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1567445/20070820/allen__lily.jhtml

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/20/axl-rose-and-sebastian-bach-the-new-johnny-cash-and-bob-dylan/
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:20:37 PM by bazgnr » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »

Best news this year!!!

Cant wait to hear it. Would be cool if Axl was on the 1. single... Smiley
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:30 PM »

Yup,  though I think some anouncement will be made in september as always happens in september:P  there are like 14 tuesdays left?
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »

Word is getting around...can't wait to hear these collaborations!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1567445/20070820/allen__lily.jhtml

More importantly you lucky Americans have been spared the horrible prospect of seeing Lily Allen live!

yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:38 PM »

It appears a November release could still be possible for Chinese Democracy.  What's the deal?  Would Axl want to put out an album around Sebastian's?  Not saying he would necesarily steal his thunder but whatcha think?  As I said in my last post a week or so ago I have given up waiting for it, but I'm not sure what Angel Down means for GNR.  They either ride the wave of Bach's first single if Axl is indeed on it or they hold off.  Its a given that I'm giving too much credit to Bach's release since its not likely to affect a GNR release date, but just curious on your thoughts. 

Know what is the funniest shit ever out of all this tho.  The first officially released single in over 8 years (if we count OMG) with Axl on it won't even be from his new album. rofl rofl rofl  That just seems so ironic.  But hey - it's a great way to start a buzz so good for both him and Axl.

Jarmo - any thoughts on this?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »

It appears a November release could still be possible for Chinese Democracy.  What's the deal?  Would Axl want to put out an album around Sebastian's?  Not saying he would necesarily steal his thunder but whatcha think?  As I said in my last post a week or so ago I have given up waiting for it, but I'm not sure what Angel Down means for GNR.  They either ride the wave of Bach's first single if Axl is indeed on it or they hold off.  Its a given that I'm giving too much credit to Bach's release since its not likely to affect a GNR release date, but just curious on your thoughts. 

Know what is the funniest shit ever out of all this tho.  The first officially released single in over 8 years (if we count OMG) with Axl on it won't even be from his new album. rofl rofl rofl  That just seems so ironic.  But hey - it's a great way to start a buzz so good for both him and Axl.

Jarmo - any thoughts on this?

well if Seb's album is already scheduled for Nov 20th, I hate to say it but if it was coming out around that time it would probably also be on the schedule.   You never know..  Not trying to sound negative but from Axl's letter he wrote last year I assume that its not going to be some huge surprise but just like any other album is going to have a promo schedule and all that and once a release date is set we will probably know about it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2007, 05:08:26 PM »

If the idea that he'd be somehow hurting Bach's sales by releasing CD was even a factor, which is doubtful, there's still more than enough time for CD to be released after Bach.  The only "must" is that it's out before Christmas.  December 4th, 11th, and 18th would all be viable release for CD
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

Anyone else notice how Axl appearing on Baz's album hasn't made it into the "Latest Five Headlines" on this board? ?I would have assumed that this is legit enough to make it up there by now (yes, *assumed* is the key word there)... peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:41 PM »

Anyone else notice how Axl appearing on Baz's album hasn't made it into the "Latest Five Headlines" on this board?  I would have assumed that this is legit enough to make it up there by now (yes, *assumed* is the key word there)... peace

maybe they just haven't gotten to it yet.   

If anything I think Axl is going to help Baz sell some albums here.  I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise, but because Axl is on 2 songs, I will now  hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »

?It?s a really good album and it?s an amazing thing. Me and Axl going back and forth, and he takes a line and I then I take a line and then we do harmonies, it?s really cool to hear. ? And I am the luckiest guy in the world, for him to come and put his voice on my record.?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/20/axl-rose-and-sebastian-bach-the-new-johnny-cash-and-bob-dylan/

Around these parts, that last sentence may well be the understatement of the year.  Awesome news, and I'm so looking forward to hearing new vocals from Axl on a CD...

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »

very good news to read today,thank you BAZ !

the one an only horsey !
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

Wow, Chinese Democracy starts now! no
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: