Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy says Bucko is out-o!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy says Bucko is out-o!!!  (Read 55422 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2004, 04:39:49 PM »

rofl

This is like some sick twisted murder mystery where Axl keeps popping off one member after another.  Like that famous Agatha Christie novel whose title I cant remember.

Ten Little Indians aka And then there were none.

Thank you Pilferk.  You are wasting your talents on this board if you dont mind me saying so.  Go out there and do some 'veni vidi vici'

Thanks, random.  Trust me when I say I've done my share of coming, seeing, and conquering.  I'm lucky enough to have a job where there is a lot of "hurry up and wait", especially with some of the DB work I do.  In addition, unless I'm actually coding, I can usually do 2 or 3 things at once. HTGTH and Gnr are usually one of them... Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 04:42:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2004, 04:42:11 PM »

Why don't you check this information with one of Dizzy's family at his forum

Is anybody else having trouble accessing www.dizzyreed.com? I get an error page, and the address bar turns into "http:///" with the THREE slashes. Anyone get this?

OH MY GOD!! maybe Dizzy left too!!!!!!!!

rofl

This is like some sick twisted murder mystery where Axl keeps popping off one member after another.  Like that famous Agatha Christie novel whose title I cant remember.

Ten Little Indians aka And then there were none.

thats funny, the french title of the book is " Les dix petits n?gres " meaning " Ten little Niggers "
did they chanage the us title to be politcaly correct, or is really ten little indians orginaly ?

bside that, i never felt axl being a big friend with buckethead on stage
" i want you to feel free bucket, feel free ..."

Given Agatha was British, and her native language was English, I have to assume that "Ten Little Indians" is the original title.

Edit: I stand corrected.  It was released as "Ten Little Niggers" in the UK, and the title was changed when it was released in the U.S....due to the obvious racial connotations.  It has since been retitled again as "And then there were none".

http://www.agathachristie.com/essentials/mustread/0087.shtml
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 04:47:14 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2004, 04:50:04 PM »

Axl is no fool, neither is Buckethead.  Bucket made a commitment.  I bet he had to sign a contract saying that if he ever left the band, he'd owe the band 10 million dollars or something. GNR owns Buckethead, bottomline.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2004, 04:54:40 PM »

LOL! This is not a new rumor: it's as old as time itself. For weeks people have "confirmed reports that Bucket is out of the band". I've told several people on here for weeks that this rumor is simply ludicrous. Every one of these guys are in it for the absolute long haul. Don't be so gullible. As GNR fans, we long to hear a word about anyone related to GNR, and so what if a few losers have the ability to spin a rumor and make it sound like fact. Don't be so quick to believe everything.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2004, 05:21:09 PM »

we have all seen the shit that comes from blabbermouth - hence the name

I usually dismiss them but I'll be honest my heart skipped a beat on this one - may the person who started this rumor be sliced thinly and bathed in vinegar

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2004, 05:33:15 PM »

Some of you guys are such an easy target for all the bullshitters - if you wouldn't act like this every single time, maybe they would lose interest in fucking with you...it looks bad all the way, but let's just wait and see what Lisbon tells us, right ?  Wink
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2004, 05:38:12 PM »

What would be useful is if someone could ask Lisa to tell Blabbermouth the truth about this story and get them to remove the story or to post the truth on their site, otherwise this nonsense will end up all over the internet

Does anyone else find Mysteron's wording on this a bit odd? - its like he's creating a separation between the removal of the story and the 'truth' about the situation.  I think there might be a bit more to this story than we think - it could just be an issue where nothing's been confimed yet or something similiar.

I'm also picking up from this that he thinks Lisa knows what's going on - the whole thing is just uber-whacked.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2004, 05:38:24 PM »

Bullshit, just because it sounds bad doesn't mean it's not a rumor.

Blabbermouth lies through their teeth.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2004, 05:51:02 PM »

What would be useful is if someone could ask Lisa to tell Blabbermouth the truth about this story and get them to remove the story or to post the truth on their site, otherwise this nonsense will end up all over the internet
Does anyone else find Mysteron's wording on this a bit odd? - its like he's creating a separation between the removal of the story and the 'truth' about the situation.  I think there might be a bit more to this story than we think - it could just be an issue where nothing's been confimed yet or something similiar.

I'm also picking up from this that he thinks Lisa knows what's going on - the whole thing is just uber-whacked.

-darknemus

I think it's a fucking joke how everyone keeps thinking Mysteyon
knows all the answers - it's almost annoying..and he might just think something like this as well...we all just have to wait and see, that's just how it is right now !
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2004, 05:54:22 PM »

I don't know, I think you might be reading too much into what he's saying.  He's said a lot of things that could be interpreted several ways, but the most obvious meaning always turns out to be what he meant.

Anyway, I contacted Lisa about this and she seems prepared to do it.  I'll post an update once it's done.

Also, she had further comments regarding this situation:
"he hasn't said anything to me about it and that would be pretty big news I would think"

It doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 05:59:33 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2004, 05:54:54 PM »

-darknemus

I think you're having withdrawl symptoms from not enough carbs and it's sending you a little whacky....or more whacky...

Having said that, if Buckethead was "unofficially" out of the band, do you think Axl would be happy with Dizzy if his wife put it on the internet that he was out of the band?

I don't think Dizzy wants to get sued.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2004, 05:58:38 PM »

knows all the answers - it's almost annoying..and he might just think something like this as well...we all just have to wait and see, that's just how it is right now !

Don't get me wrong - I dont think Mysteron knows all the answers.  He's admitted the majority of his information comes direct from Sanctuary.  By definition, Sanctuary as the management company is only going to know one side of the story, typically - and that would be the talent's side.

Sanctuary would always try to paint a rosy picture (no pun intended) - because, well, they want to keep the talent looking good.

In my opinion, though, when talent and record company start suing each other - that's definitely the sign of a strained relationship, to state the least.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2004, 06:30:08 PM »

True or not, does anybody actually think  Bucket considers/considered GNR anything more than a side project?

I've alway been of the mind he's a solo artist first and foremost.

That said, I hope he's still in the band.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2004, 06:31:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I dont think Mysteron knows all the answers.  He's admitted the majority of his information comes direct from Sanctuary.  By definition, Sanctuary as the management company is only going to know one side of the story, typically - and that would be the talent's side.

Sanctuary would always try to paint a rosy picture (no pun intended) - because, well, they want to keep the talent looking good.

In my opinion, though, when talent and record company start suing each other - that's definitely the sign of a strained relationship, to state the least.

-darknemus

dark, that wasn't directed to you - I think you're right, a strained relationship indeed...I just wanted to say calm down everybody and leave mysteron the fuck alone, he's not in the band or something... Wink There's gotta be some news soon !
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2004, 06:46:36 PM »

ok, let's imagine that this is true, that bucket is out.

how can someone sugest that gn'r is over because of this?

slash left the band and axl still continued with it. i guess slash is a much bigger reference in gn'r thatn buckethead. if slash was replacable, buckethead is way more!
i hope he's still in, but if he left, i guess finck and fortus can pretty much do all the guitar work. fortus proved that he's an amazing lead guitarrist (nov rain, rocket queen, think about you, madagascar), and we all know that he was the one to be the lead guitarrist before buckethead got the job.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2004, 06:46:42 PM »

True or not, does anybody actually think  Bucket considers/considered GNR anything more than a side project?

I've alway been of the mind he's a solo artist first and foremost.

That said, I hope he's still in the band.
A moneymaking project perhaps?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
BucketRose
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2004, 06:48:14 PM »

I told ya so!!

Buckethead IS out of GnR....all you have to do is use a little common sense to see that the negatives now outweigh the positives of him sticking on in the band.  He has nothing else to gain from such a commitment.  Sticking on with Axl in the midst of this lawsuit mess would be a liability for Bucket....I'm sure its nothing he wants to be associated with.  

BH is a guy at a creative peak...he don't wanna sit around for five years like Axl and twiddle his thumbs and squeeze zits on his shoulders...he's a guy that has alot going musically and creatively.  He got a publicity boost from being a GnR "bandmember" for a time, and now he sees its time to move on.  The guy is hungry...he wants to play shows and make music.  Axl let him down...Axl let down the entire nu-GnR with his sociopathic, catatonic ways.  Shame on you, Axl...as always.  

I'm sure some of you won't believe BH is gone...but then again, those are the same kinds of people who won't entertain any notions about GnR happenings until they hear some kind of press release or news story.  There's a good number of people here who have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together....but instead, they cling to quotes from Axl and the bandmembers from four or five years ago, to try to interpret the current state of GnR.  Thats not a very good method.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2004, 07:00:02 PM »

i don't believe in it...I just will when some member of the band (read AXL or even Buck) comes out and confimr it, or not...

For me it's a fuckin' rumor that everybody believe, like that "Paul is dead" shit...

BucketRose
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2004, 07:01:56 PM »

I rest my case    hihi
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2004, 07:17:43 PM »

I don?t think this way...
do you though of the possibility that BHEAD has the "same" ego that Axl and don?t acept the boss "laws" and just put a end in the history?! ( now or in the 2002 tour )
you know, after Axl, BHEAD is thet guy that got all the atention of the fans and midia...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: