Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing  (Read 17633 times)
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« on: October 19, 2006, 01:48:41 AM »

Listen, I'm just a regular GNR fan like yourself. I don't like censorship, I think Merck is shady, and I believe the record to be dangled outside my window every night in my dreams just to be pulled away when I open the window.

But attacking Jarmo, and starting rumors on other forums that he's under Sanctuary ownership, things like this, they are childish. I hope those of you who don't trust Jarmo or think there is some sort of conspiracy go to another forum like mygnr or cd.com that helps SELL PRESALE PASSWORDS (see below).

I'm not sure how many of you were here in 2001. Or even 2002 for that matter. Or how about 1999? 98? I imagine the list gets smaller and smaller. You know who was here, supporting the band and sorting out the truth from the lies? Yes, Jarmo. When I first came on the internet, it was this site that brought me almost every single news story.

You hypocritical bastards complain about how Jarmo is handling this, but you have no problems with the fact that the two other big GNR forums both use google Ads that sell SCALPED OVERPRICED tickets on their websites. Jarmo has never done this to you, while Eric and Madison and BP all have. EDITED: THE ADS ON CD.COM HAVE BEEN REMOVED SmileyAfter all the work Jarmo did with the presales, the other forums basically spit in his face, but does anyone seem to have a problem with that? Nope. I'm not saying people should be dragged out into the street and shot for this - i wouldn't be surprised in his case if this was just an oversight, but my point is that how can people complain about one thing and not the other.

This is the best GNR forum on the internet, always has been, and as long as Jarmo is around, it always will be. The only thing that would make it better is if a lot of you who think you own the place left.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:48:00 AM by gnr2006 » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 02:00:01 AM »

Personally attacking Jarmo is not right. 

But disagreeing & debating should never be looked upon as a bad thing.

Or harmlessly being a comedian.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:02:24 AM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:02:51 AM »

Personally attacking Jarmo is not right. 

But disagreeing & debating should never be looked upon as a bad thing.

I didn't say it was.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:03:47 AM »

well said.   its best to keep management happy..  i agree completely. ok

oh yea mygnr.. i brought that up about a week ago with eric and he scolded me publically and decided my sig and avatar didn't meet guidelines.  Roll Eyes
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=81024

whooops.

mygnrforum.com profiting off the presale of passwords meant for us hardcore fans.   I think that forum should be cut off from anything to do with future presales.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:07:37 AM »

Yeah, I didn't mean for this thread to turn into bashing other forums. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that these same people who are all "oooh, i'm fighting the good fight, free speech" aren't brave enough or smart enough to realize how the other forums are profiting off them and unsuspecting fans who just surf in.

It saddens me to come on here and see Jarmo taking all this heat. If you people put all this energy towards the forums that actually hurt the GNR community, we might be able to get something done.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:10:36 AM »

Yeah, I didn't mean for this thread to turn into bashing other forums. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is that these same people who are all "oooh, i'm fighting the good fight, free speech" aren't brave enough or smart enough to realize how the other forums are profiting off them and unsuspecting fans who just surf in.

It saddens me to come on here and see Jarmo taking all this heat. If you people put all this energy towards the forums that actually hurt the GNR community, we might be able to get something done.

i agree dude, maybe it was not in the best taste to post that but just backing up the original post.

i can just imagine how hard it must be running a forum of this size.    can't keep everyone happy..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »

It's really nice that you posted this here.  I would really hate to be Jarmo on days like this, I would imagine he suffers from serious lack of sleep at times because he is so busy trying to monitor things-

I have seen those ads on those forums and I think they plain out suck.  Paying for your site essentially by promoting everything a fan should be against (scalping tix and sale of passwords) and I am personally thankful that we don't have that here.

Jarmo does a great job, as well as the rest of the mods here-

So, give Jarmo a break people, he is doing the best job he can trying to keep EVERYONE happy.  Just think what he is going to have to deal with in the coming months with so many things happening in GNR world.

BTW Jim Bob, interesting title to the contents of your J drive there, haha hihi
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 02:27:55 AM »

If it weren't for Jarmo and HTGTH, I don't think the GnR online community would be even close to as dedicated as it is now. I think people forget how massive it is, and also how quickly things can take off. I agree with Jim that I couldn't imagine running a site this big. This was also the first GnR site I ever came to, and the one I come to first, because no other site compares to this one. Disregarding any feelings on merck, I think jarmo does what is right for the site, not for money.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 02:30:57 AM »

With all due respect I have not seen that many people attack Jarmo personally over this.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 02:34:54 AM »

With all due respect I have not seen that many people attack Jarmo personally over this.

Well it didn't only happen here but on other forums as well, really just not necessary-
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 02:41:10 AM »

Well it didn't only happen here but on other forums as well, really just not necessary-

Other forums (for whatever reason) are doing the same thing as Jarmo...............
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 02:41:22 AM »

I have no problem with Jarmo, I've been visiting this site ever since Juan 2000 intention's message board fell apart years ago, and IMO he's never done anything to deserve harsh treatment, at least to my knowlodge.

He's put together the best Gn'R website on the web, with a great forum. ?If Gn'R managment told him to delete the RS articles, then believe me, we're all better off that he does! ?He's one of the few reliable sources in the Gn'R community, and if he betrays Gn'R, then we're all cut off too.

I do however think that this forum is run too tightly sometimes. ?Every thread doesn't need to be deleated. ?Just because there's a 7 month old thread with 1,209 replies in it doesn't mean we can't ask the question now. ?I agree that you have to delete a lot of the stupid questions and threads because there are so many users around here, but a lot of the threads are deleted for no good reason it seems... *sigh*

But then again, this is Jermo's place, and it's his rules. ?If he wants to run the forum this way, and he's sucuessful at it, then what's the use in complaining? ?That doesn't mean he shouldn't listen to the posters though. ?It should be a compermise...

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
estranged.1098
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:43 AM »

oh yea mygnr.. i brought that up about a week ago with eric and he scolded me publically and decided my sig and avatar didn't meet guidelines.  Roll Eyes

whooops.

mygnrforum.com profiting off the presale of passwords meant for us hardcore fans.   I think that forum should be cut off from anything to do with future presales.

Pay attention, it says "Ads by Google".

Like others, I think it's really weird all the posts that are being deleted around here, but that's no reason to attack anyone, including Jarmo and mygnrforum.com.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 02:48:43 AM »

whooops.

Pay attention, it says "Ads by Google".

Like others, I think it's really weird all the posts that are being deleted around here, but that's no reason to attack anyone, including Jarmo and mygnrforum.com.

read the thread i linked to.  he clearly says its possible to take those ads out.  you think because they are run by google that its google making all the money from them?  he just puts them there because they look nice?  Shocked
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 02:54:02 AM »

Had I been home earlier from and been online I woulda figured it out, and I didnt see this thread till now, but I have no quams about the post beng deleted. At first I was like huh, what, but I dont jump to conclusions, I read out more and now I got my answer, and I have no reason to bitch at nayone, if anything, we all should be happy aobut the news. And the wait is most surely comin to that final place we all want to be at, the storew they day CD comes out!

And with all due repect, aside from some other mentioned boards, there are many cool boards, this one probably the first one I came to in 2000 to read, actually decided to sign up right after 2002 MSG show. BUt GNR2006, runs a great site, and so do others, its really fucknig stupid, for people to start blaming any mods or admins, if this is the band and management wish!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
estranged.1098
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 02:54:32 AM »

My point is that you can't tell what ads Google will put there in advance. It's possible to block, yes, but until we have proof that mygnrforum.com intentionally left these ads unblocked even after learning about them let's not throw these accusations.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 03:38:32 AM »

My point is that you can't tell what ads Google will put there in advance. It's possible to block, yes, but until we have proof that mygnrforum.com intentionally left these ads unblocked even after learning about them let's not throw these accusations.

Google puts ads there that relate to what the site is about. 

This site has none and also doesn't take money from members for support either.  If you have people sending money in what is the use of the ads except to make more money?

I agree though that there are many good sites, I don't just visit this one, I read thenewguns, mygnr, cd, gnrunleashed....as well as a few others-

But this thread is about Jarmo and easing up on him, I mean the member count is only going to go up, especially in the next few months so I can only imagine what he will have on his hands then to deal with-
 peace
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 03:49:03 AM »

And for as many people attacking jarmo over it, we've seen people backing him up.

But you know how it goes. People will take any chance they can to bash certain forums. It's lame, particularly when admins over at MyGNR have defended jarmo for his actions over this and ask that people not bash him. Roll Eyes

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:28 AM »

And for as many people attacking jarmo over it, we've seen people backing him up.

But you know how it goes. People will take any chance they can to bash certain forums. It's lame, particularly when admins over at MyGNR have defended jarmo for his actions over this and ask that people not bash him. Roll Eyes

Like I said, I'm not saying people should be dragged out into the street and shot for the Ads. I'm just bringing them up. I'm not bashing mygnr, because I'm not telling them off, I'm merely saying something that's true. And asking what people think about it.

Mygnr is a great forum, so is CD.com.

I just made this post because I was upset @ a lot of the posts here last night. Some of you might be reading this today, and say well there isn't many people bashing Jarmo, but there sure was ton of them last night. I have no problem with Mygnr - I'm a big Madison fan. And on the other end, BP is one of the reasons and inspirations for my own forum. I was merely asking a question to those people who were here last night. I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone who runs those forums, because they do what they have to do. I meant disrespect to those who were here last night bashing Jarmo for the fact that they care about one thing but seemingly not another.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 08:53:04 AM »

I do have proof, as Jim Bob posted about and pm'ed Eric and both were ignored / deleted.

All you have to do is type Guns N' Roses presale password into google, and block the same sites that come up via the Ads on the right side of search. Takes about 5 minutes.

I'm not "throwing accusations" either - I'm just asking why the regular forum posters who were bashing Jarmo don't have a problem with other forums having Ads for presale passwords.

If you guys want to just jump down my throat and say I'm bashing other forums, there is nothing I can do. But I hope you realize my point of bringing that up was not for the sake of bashing them, but for pointing out how much different Jarmo is from everyone else.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: