Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TO: Those who are attacking Jarmo about the RS thing  (Read 17632 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 09:38:46 AM »

I think it's wrong that other websites are selling presale passwords, and think that they should be cut off.  But I also think Jarmo is wrong for complying with management in this case.  I don't care about getting the odd press release a few hours before everyone else... and I don't care about presales, because it's not like good tickets for the shows haven't been difficult to find elsewhere.  What I care about is getting up-to-date Guns N' Roses news from an unofficial and unbiased source.  When there's a feature in a magazine and on a website, it's only right that people should be allowed to talk about it, and honestly if Merck didn't want people to see the thing, he shouldn't have contributed to it in the first place.
Too much has been sacrificed for far too little... I believe the main reason people started coming here is because for a long time Here Today... Gone To Hell was that up-to-date, unofficial, unbiased site.  Now though, Merck says "jump", jarmo says "how high?".  Even a Velvet Revolver forum has become much more reliable for GN'R news than this one, because of the deletion of valid threads.
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 09:47:39 AM »

THE ADS ARE BY GOOGLE AND THEY ARE RELATED TO THE WEBSITE'S CONTENT.  ON THE CD.COM THERE ARE NO PRESALE PASSWORDS ADS. THE GNR MANAGEMENT IS AWARE ABOUT THE ADS ON THE WEBSITE CAUSE BP ASKED MANAGEMENT'S PERIMISSION TO RUN ADS ON THAT.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:09 AM »

Even a Velvet Revolver forum has become much more reliable for GN'R news than this one, because of the deletion of valid threads.

Don't you post at that Slash forum?

As far as I remember, they also had certain topics that aren't allowed to be discussed.

If you wanna discuss GN'R's recent events with a bunch of Scott Weiland fans, go ahead.

I'm sure there'll be discussions about all those topics once everything is ready and set in stone, instead of when RS publishes their stories.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:21 AM »

Do you know if we will be allowed to discuss it tomorrow?  That is when the mag is officially distributed from what I understand. 

This admin section is gonna be hoppin until the discussions are allowed hihi 

The GNR world just gets more and more interesting doesn't it?  You think you've seen it all, then something else happens. 

On topic...I also think that Jarmo has been put in a hard place, and I don't agree with people bashing because of a request he received from management.  Kinda fits under the "don't kill the messenger" category in my opinion

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 10:17:56 AM »

Even a Velvet Revolver forum has become much more reliable for GN'R news than this one, because of the deletion of valid threads.

Don't you post at that Slash forum?

As far as I remember, they also had certain topics that aren't allowed to be discussed.

If you wanna discuss GN'R's recent events with a bunch of Scott Weiland fans, go ahead.

I can think of nothing that isn't allowed to be discussed on the Slash board.  Especially not articles.
And the Scott Weiland fans tend to keep out of the GN'R section of the VR board. Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 10:24:54 AM »

I'm not so sure about that, but whatever.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »

THE ADS ARE BY GOOGLE AND THEY ARE RELATED TO THE WEBSITE'S CONTENT.  ON THE CD.COM THERE ARE NO PRESALE PASSWORDS ADS. THE GNR MANAGEMENT IS AWARE ABOUT THE ADS ON THE WEBSITE CAUSE BP ASKED MANAGEMENT'S PERIMISSION TO RUN ADS ON THAT.

Last week, I showed a bunch of people including Jarmo the presale ads on cd.com, so your just basically just pointing out that BP has taken the presale password ads off now? Cuz they definitely were running up until last night.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 10:42:26 AM »

There is really no need to get defensive either. You are part of a great site, and like I said in an earlier post, I would certainly believe it if BP told me he just made an oversight and didn't realize presale password Ads were running. But you can't sit here and tell me they weren't running - my entire admin/mod staff saw them, Jarmo saw them, etc...

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

I completely support Jarmo's right to do whatever he wants with his forum. It's his - if you don't want someone in your house, you have the right to ask them to leave and that doesn't make you a nazi or whatever(again, people using that word in a casual way obviously know nothing about WW II era German history, but whatever)- this is no different. Actually, he should be thanked for making this a generally cool place to hang out online. My only question about the RS article is why there isn't a sticky or something clarifying where he's at, since people who haven't been on the board in a few days might not understand the current situation.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 10:52:22 AM »

I'm sure there'll be discussions about all those topics once everything is ready and set in stone, instead of when RS publishes their stories.

so you're saying that rolling stone is printing a bunch of lies?

or is it just that they put the article out earlier than merck wanted......

either way if management didn't want that information being out they shouldn't have commented to rolling stone about it.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »

All you have to do is type Guns N' Roses presale password into google, and block the same sites that come up via the Ads on the right side of search. Takes about 5 minutes.
takes about 5 minutes to do it, takes weeks until the sites are really blocked. block them and they'll come back with 3 other addresses to promote through. it's actually called "competitive ad filter", and was not really made so that you can block ANY ad you don't want to be displayed in your site. 

if you want to be a finger-shaking moralizer, maybe point at Google first (how can people sign up with sites where you can buy presale passwords?), rather than at a guy who has implemented the ads to be able to pay the running costs of the site and forum, and lately moved to a completely different country and has other things to bother his head about than getting rid of an ad that went unnoticed to him and hardly aroused anyone else's interest.

Jarmo is a good man btw.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »

either way if management didn't want that information being out they shouldn't have commented to rolling stone about it.

Cuz yeah, the media has never printed lies or misquoted GNR before..... GITR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

I'm not saying anything, I'm only guessing.

But I think there's a good reason why I was asked to remove it.

/jarmo

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »

You think.
When you're asked to do something, don't you think to ask why?  After all, as you pointed out, it was a request and not an order.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »

All you have to do is type Guns N' Roses presale password into google, and block the same sites that come up via the Ads on the right side of search. Takes about 5 minutes.
takes about 5 minutes to do it, takes weeks until the sites are really blocked. block them and they'll come back with 3 other addresses to promote through. it's actually called "competitive ad filter", and was not really made so that you can block ANY ad you don't want to be displayed in your site. 

if you want to be a finger-shaking moralizer, maybe point at Google first (how can people sign up with sites where you can buy presale passwords?), rather than at a guy who has implemented the ads to be able to pay the running costs of the site and forum, and lately moved to a completely different country and has other things to bother his head about than getting rid of an ad that went unnoticed to him and hardly aroused anyone else's interest.

Jarmo is a good man btw.

Yes, I'm going to attack google. That will accomplish something. Either way, the Ads are mysteriously off CD.com in ONE DAY after this post. Jarmo saw them yesterday, as did many people. Thought it took weeks before they were removed....

I don't want to argue about this in this thread though - the ads are now removed and I applaud BP and the cd.com staff for doing the right thing. In retrospect, I should have contacted BP personally and pointed it out to him right when I noticed. That is my mistake and I take full responsibilty for it. The point of this thread was not to bash anyone, but to ask why people have a problem with one thing and not another?
anythinggoes
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »

You think.
When you're asked to do something, don't you think to ask why?? After all, as you pointed out, it was a request and not an order.

Look whatevers happening we will find out soon so peace have some patience, Jarmo was asked to remove it he did end of discussion really. See what tomorrow brings.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:24 AM »

I guess I'm not very good at getting my point across, because this thread was meant to strike back at the people who were attacking Jarmo, and it seems I've only offended people like Sladdi and BP who I have respect for. So I apologize for that. I should have given cd.com the benefit of the doubt, as they've never done anything at all disrespectful to the community before.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »

You think.

Yes, you have a problem with that?

If you think they'd ask me to remove something just for fun, then I think you're wrong.

/jarmo

sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 11:18:25 AM »

Quote from: gnr2006
Either way, the Ads are mysteriously off CD.com in ONE DAY after this post. Jarmo saw them yesterday, as did many people. Thought it took weeks before they were removed.... I don't want to argue about this in this thread though - the ads are now removed and I applaud BP and the cd.com staff for doing the right thing.
i didn't see the ads.

and i'd be very surprised if Sean (BP) saw this thread, saw the specific ads (especially when he is in Greece and those ads would probably only show in the United States) and would have the possibility and the time to make changes "on the fly".
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 11:21:08 AM »

You think.

Yes, you have a problem with that?

If you think they'd ask me to remove something just for fun, then I think you're wrong.

/jarmo

I do have a problem with it when you're going around deleting threads and not even knowing the reason why, yes.
They probably do have a reason for it... but it seems like it's more for their benefit than ours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: