Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the HTGTH board isn't 100% dedicated to GN'R ?  (Read 34461 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »

Personal attacks on the band members and constant bashing of the band is not something we think belongs on a fan site.
/jarmo

I agree with that (see I can sometimes be agreeable - I'm not that miserable of a person Wink), which is why I still don't understand why you are allowing it to, basically, go on here, today.?

I don't remember agreeing with or bashing anybody in the topics I'm referring to (I don't think anyway, unless it was some drunken moment), because they are pointless topics.? ? ? ?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »

Personal attacks on the band members and constant bashing of the band is not something we think belongs on a fan site.
/jarmo

I agree with that (see I can sometimes be agreeable - I'm not that miserable of a person Wink), which is why I still don't understand why you are allowing it to, basically, go on here, today.?

I don't remember agreeing with or bashing anybody in the topics I'm referring to (I don't think anyway, unless it was some drunken moment), because they are pointless topics.       
[/color]

There was an issue about racism in today's main topic. That's why it went on over 12 pages.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »

hihi

See - people have to talk about what's really important, here, now, right?     
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »

hihi

See - people have to talk about what's really important, here, now, right?? ? ?

It's time.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2007, 01:06:02 PM »

hihi

See - people have to talk about what's really important, here, now, right?     

It's time.

It's Vader Time!!!!!!!!!!

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2007, 01:08:58 PM »

Fortunately, some of us have enough logic and broad mindedness to criticize the band for their shortcomings and applaud them when they are doing something positive. Being a 'fan' does not mean you side with everything the band does.

Oh and by the way, adults don't huff and puff about something, somebody, somewhere said about their idol, especially in the media, when it's quite obviously done to generate some publicity. That behaviour is more suited to children.

You can still be supportive instead of trying to put the band down all the fucking time.

Tommy was injured and instead of wishing him a speedy recovery, some of you were wishing he was dumped aside and replaced.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2007, 01:10:11 PM »

Fortunately, some of us have enough logic and broad mindedness to criticize the band for their shortcomings and applaud them when they are doing something positive. Being a 'fan' does not mean you side with everything the band does.

Oh and by the way, adults don't huff and puff about something, somebody, somewhere said about their idol, especially in the media, when it's quite obviously done to generate some publicity. That behaviour is more suited to children.

You can still be supportive instead of trying to put the band down all the fucking time.

Tommy was injured and instead of wishing him a speedy recovery, some of you were wishing he was dumped aside and replaced.

/jarmo

replaced for a couple of shows.

But I guess every band that does that is just wrong.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

replaced for a couple of shows.

But I guess every band that does that is just wrong.

GNR themselves have done that, which is why it seemed a little odd they would cancel shows because of an injury to a band member when in the past they have just used a temporary replacement until the person can resume his spot in the band.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »

Wha?? For a few shows. Mostly in response to a lot of fans complaints about how much money they spent on airtickets, hotels, tickets etc. But then again, the fans don't matter anymore right?

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »

Somebody in the band was injured and you were concerned about fans' money.

Ok.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2007, 02:31:06 PM »

Seems like I see a lot more VR and Slash bashing around here, than anything. 

Well that's somewhat understandable since this board is not dedicated to Slash or VR.

People shouldn't come here with the illusion that we all love Scott and VR just because former GN'R members are in the band.

If you want to find a place where everybody loves VR, do a Google search.

/jarmo

that is fair enough. But at the same time why do we have to love and agree with everything from the gund camp?

That's ok, then, for VR etc to be bashed, since this is a Guns site, afterall.  But, once GnR starts getting bashed, well that's another story, then.

No shit sherlock! Obviously it's going to cause problems if you bash GNR on a GNR fan site. I would hope you are smart enough to understand that.  Roll Eyes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2007, 02:33:42 PM »

Seems like I see a lot more VR and Slash bashing around here, than anything. 

Well that's somewhat understandable since this board is not dedicated to Slash or VR.

People shouldn't come here with the illusion that we all love Scott and VR just because former GN'R members are in the band.

If you want to find a place where everybody loves VR, do a Google search.

/jarmo

that is fair enough. But at the same time why do we have to love and agree with everything from the gund camp?

That's ok, then, for VR etc to be bashed, since this is a Guns site, afterall.  But, once GnR starts getting bashed, well that's another story, then.

No shit sherlock! Obviously it's going to cause problems if you bash GNR on a GNR fan site. I would hope you are smart enough to understand that.  Roll Eyes

Holy shit this is a guns fan site?

I thought it was a circle jerk.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2007, 03:19:25 PM »

Holy quackamolie, Batman! Somebody was injured? The horror! Not like he lost a kidney. He sprained his hand.

Apparently the effort and time wasted by some people to see the band means nothing to you.

Maybe you hope to be Axl's commander-in-chief one day, but these days your posts are so obtuse, they don't deserve a reply.

Fuck 'Em All.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »

Money sux!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2007, 04:08:52 PM »

Holy quackamolie, Batman! Somebody was injured? The horror! Not like he lost a kidney. He sprained his hand.

Apparently the effort and time wasted by some people to see the band means nothing to you.

Maybe you hope to be Axl's commander-in-chief one day, but these days your posts are so obtuse, they don't deserve a reply.

If I pay a lot of money to see Guns N' Roses, I want to see all the GNR members there.

If I dont see all of them, I would feel robbed.

If I were in the situation of a japanese fan, I'd rather prefer to wait a month or two to see the band with all its members and in its 100% of potencial.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »

I didn't say that.

I just pointed out that one band member in the band you claim to care about was injured but instead of wishing him a speedy recovery, you were pointing out how he should be replaced because fans (not you) were booking trips.

Maybe you hope to get your ass kicked out of here some day when you make smart ass comments like that?

Last warning, think about why you're here. I fail to see any reason for you to be here.

You have nothing to contribute to this Guns N' Roses fan site.

/jarmo

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »

Obviously there was a time that Guns cared about fans money too, because when Gilby broke his rist they found a replacement to play shows rather than cancel/postpone them. I guess they were pretty heartless towards Gilby to not call off the whole show because of his injury. Those bastards.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2007, 04:19:18 PM »

Obviously there was a time that Guns cared about fans money too, because when Gilby broke his rist they found a replacement to play shows rather than cancel/postpone them. I guess they were pretty heartless towards Gilby to not call off the whole show because of his injury. Those bastards.

They cancelled a bunch of shows too. Just like many other bands!

And who did they replace him with? A guy who had played shows on the same tour. A guy who wrote many of the songs.

On the subject: I'd like to know why exactly you are here?

I'm asking you Naupis, Genesis, Mikkamakka and Booker Floyd.

I'm really curious.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2007, 04:49:17 PM »

They are trying to convince people that ''It's So Easy'' and ''Mr Brownstone'' are Velvet Revolver songs... hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »

They are trying to convince people that ''It's So Easy'' and ''Mr Brownstone'' are Velvet Revolver songs... hihi

estebanf your input is invaluable!  hihi

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: