Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 404228 times)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4300 on: May 24, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »

I feel bad for Terry, but that's fucking funny  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4301 on: May 25, 2008, 03:19:49 AM »

That's real smoooooooth!  hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4302 on: May 25, 2008, 04:19:15 AM »

the game was fucking brilliant..

Are you commentating for ITV now? The match was light years better than should have been expected, but it was still a United Chelsea final... It was never going to be briliant unless you're a supporter of one of the two.

hihi
man, get over yourself i can have an opinion if i want to

go drink some more terry vodka

a game where you aren't a rael supporter of either of the teams can be much better compared to when i see a game with barcelona, why? because you don't really care about the outcome, I just like watching all the nice passes and cool dribbles and so on, of course if it would have been barcelona who were playing, the match could have been better but if they would have lossed i wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much as i did now
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:29:16 AM by CheapBubbles » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #4303 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »

this is probably the worst thread on this board

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4304 on: May 30, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »

then keep your nose out of it
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4305 on: May 31, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »

if anyones intrested in doing a fantasy league, you can do a free one here http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/M/home.mc

iv set up a league for HTGTH members, the code is 16052-4399
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4306 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24:18 AM »

In your lowly opinion that nobody cares about? Perhaps...

Fuck 'Em All.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4307 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:37 AM »

Well that's the English season over for the summer, reasons to be hopeful after Englands last two games I think, we played some nice stuff at times although as Hansen said after the Trinidad game, "I'm determined to remain positive, so I won't mention the second half which felt like it went on for years."  hihi

Who does everyone fancy for Euro 2008 then? I'm going with Spain.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4308 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:16 AM »

Spain FTW.
Cannavaro won't be playing for Italy.

Fuck 'Em All.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #4309 on: June 03, 2008, 10:30:44 PM »

Turkey  ok

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4310 on: June 07, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

I actually watched most of the Switzerland Czhecklosovakia *however u spell it* game.

Let me ask a question.

Number 10 for Czheck went down in the extra time or whatever its called and had to be stretchered off the field.

Please tell me this is just a strategic kind of thing to run clock and the players really arent that wimpy?

Thats one thing I never liked about Futbol. the guys get small collisions and act like they were shot by a cannon.

so is that strategic?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4311 on: June 07, 2008, 06:33:18 PM »

Some times it's strategic, some other times they really are in pain...Football involves many kicks that might seem harmless compared to your football's tackles, but for a minute or two they hurt like you've been shot...try getting hit with a hard boot right in the calf/thigh...  But most times it's strategic ! Smiley

Oh, and Chekoslovakia hasn't existed for almost 20 years...it divided into 2 separate countries, The Czech Republic and Slovakia

P.S.  It wasn't the best gane to watch, it kinda sucked...watch my Romania shock France on monday Smiley
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 06:44:30 PM by MadmanDan » Logged

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4312 on: June 07, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »

Portugal played a beautiful game today.

I wish Ronaldo had scored on that one kick where the ball bounced off the inside of the cross bar.  Ohhhh would that have made a lot of highlight reels!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4313 on: June 08, 2008, 06:34:40 AM »

I actually watched most of the Switzerland Czhecklosovakia *however u spell it* game.

Let me ask a question.

Number 10 for Czheck went down in the extra time or whatever its called and had to be stretchered off the field.

Please tell me this is just a strategic kind of thing to run clock and the players really arent that wimpy?

Thats one thing I never liked about Futbol. the guys get small collisions and act like they were shot by a cannon.

so is that strategic?

a lot of it is time wasting, some of its trying to con the referee in to giving a free

some of them are wimps, but impact injuries fucking hurt, the pain doesnt last long but its just the impact thats so sore, especially when you get a kick on the ankle or shin
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4314 on: June 09, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »

Let me ask a question.

so is that strategic?

That's why you got wrestling, you don't need any brain to watch it. But when you don't know anything about football/soccer, don't even try to watch and understand it. You only see these annoying factors like the one you mentioned here and think if it is strategic or not.

I broke my knee in a soccer game three years ago without anyone even touching me there, my leg just hit the ground in a wrong position and it got bended under the pressure. After three years nothing has changed and the pain is still here, got me out of the army though. Limits my training too. You don't need to be hit by a cannon to get hurt. You just need bad luck.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4315 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:57 AM »

Let me ask a question.

so is that strategic?

That's why you got wrestling, you don't need any brain to watch it. But when you don't know anything about football/soccer, don't even try to watch and understand it. You only see these annoying factors like the one you mentioned here and think if it is strategic or not.

I broke my knee in a soccer game three years ago without anyone even touching me there, my leg just hit the ground in a wrong position and it got bended under the pressure. After three years nothing has changed and the pain is still here, got me out of the army though. Limits my training too. You don't need to be hit by a cannon to get hurt. You just need bad luck.

er, you criticise some for asking a simple question and a making a point about play acting which we know is bad for the game, and then you go and call it SOCCER, wtf??
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4316 on: June 10, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »

Yeah, I am trying to get into a new sport and I dont understand some things so I wanted to know soccer man!

there is a difference between a legit injury........ i think I saw a guy from Italy really hurt his leg and what happened in the game I am referring to where number 10 got ran into and layed like his lungs just exploded from his chest.  it just seems u see these same stretchered off players back on the field within minutes.

I recently got into hockey a few years ago and love it. I am now tryin to do the same with futbol which I think is a great game now I have watched it. being a fan of NFL football and hockey though, the stalling or lying there like that really gets on my nerves.

I hate that in all sports though just not this one. In the NBA some guys get smacked in the face and lie on the ground like they got shot in the head by a 12 gauge.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4317 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »

Yeah, I am trying to get into a new sport and I dont understand some things so I wanted to know soccer man!

there is a difference between a legit injury........ i think I saw a guy from Italy really hurt his leg and what happened in the game I am referring to where number 10 got ran into and layed like his lungs just exploded from his chest.  it just seems u see these same stretchered off players back on the field within minutes.
The Ultimate faker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4318 on: June 11, 2008, 01:02:33 AM »

^ People do fake things but I don't think it happens a lot these days. There are of course, a couple of 'known players', who go down at the slightest touch.

Fuck 'Em All.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4319 on: June 11, 2008, 06:12:38 AM »

^ People do fake things but I don't think it happens a lot these days. There are of course, a couple of 'known players', who go down at the slightest touch.

Like every Italian player, or every player in Serie A? hihi

Sorry D for being offensive, you made your point clear now peace
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:32:44 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: