Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Dear HTGTH Administrators
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear HTGTH Administrators  (Read 3581 times)
FlashFlood
Rocker

« on: September 03, 2004, 05:43:27 PM »

Hello admins. Allow me to preface my post by stating that I love the website as well as the board, and I hope to hell that I do not get banned for what I say. I truly appreciate the work that you do in giving us GNR fans a place to praise our favorite band as well as vent our frustrations. However, the moderation of this board seems a bit to strict in certain instances. For example, while reading the "Chinese Democracy Made for Surround Sound" topic, a member replied to the original post by quoting that poster and stating "I concur." In retort, Adz, a moderator of the board, stated something along the lines of "If you don't have anything to add to this conversation then don't post." I feel that moderators should enforce the rules, yet not discourage members from posting. Obviously this poster's comment was not vital to the conversation, but it certainly wasn't detrimental to it either. The member was strictly stating his opinion, yet this moderator took a certain exception to it. It wasn't like the person said anything irrelevant to the topic. Please take my concern with some regard. I do not mean to bash the moderators and administrators, as I believe that they, for the most part, do a terriffic job with this board, and I appreciate what they do for the GNR community.

Thanks!

poop
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 06:19:53 PM »

With respect for what you're saying, Here Today, Gone To Hell is one of the best run boards on the net.  The amount of crap posted is mostly kept to a minium, compared to most other boards out there.  It's because of the rules and the enforcement of them, even if they seem a little strict at times.  It's ultimately for our benefit.

I cannot tell you how often I read a post which I simply agree on, and I'm sure it's the same for others.  If we all posted messages like that, all the threads would be three times as long and four times as hard to read.  It's just a simple thing - don't post unless you have something to add to the conversation.  It makes the threads much more worthwhile reading  peace

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 06:26:24 PM »

Hello admins. Allow me to preface my post by stating that I love the website as well as the board, and I hope to hell that I do not get banned for what I say. I truly appreciate the work that you do in giving us GNR fans a place to praise our favorite band as well as vent our frustrations. However, the moderation of this board seems a bit to strict in certain instances. For example, while reading the "Chinese Democracy Made for Surround Sound" topic, a member replied to the original post by quoting that poster and stating "I concur." In retort, Adz, a moderator of the board, stated something along the lines of "If you don't have anything to add to this conversation then don't post." I feel that moderators should enforce the rules, yet not discourage members from posting. Obviously this poster's comment was not vital to the conversation, but it certainly wasn't detrimental to it either. The member was strictly stating his opinion, yet this moderator took a certain exception to it. It wasn't like the person said anything irrelevant to the topic. Please take my concern with some regard. I do not mean to bash the moderators and administrators, as I believe that they, for the most part, do a terriffic job with this board, and I appreciate what they do for the GNR community.

Thanks!

I'm not an Administrator (just a humble Global Moderator) but I'd like to answer to this post.

First of all thank you for your kind words.

Second, yes sometimes we become strict but we see the same stuff everyday, all day so it has become an everyday thing for us. I 've read the thread you mentioned before you started this thread and Adz was only going by the rules. That's his job as a moderator.

There are many posters here who do this just to pump up their post count. The poster we're talking about might not have had that in mind but if we don't enforce the rules to everyone then everyone will want an exception from the rules and that will bring chaos to the board.

I hope I answered your question...

Best regards,

Christos AG

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 06:34:30 PM »

And this is the rule Adz mentioned (in case you haven't read them yet):

If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying.

FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 06:43:46 PM »

Thank you for your replies. Trust me, I know very well that this is the number one GNR board on the net, and I appreciate all of the hard work that you guys put into it to make it that way. Anyway, thanks again, this really clears things up for me.

poop
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 12:09:55 PM »

Glad you understand why we have those rules.

It because after a while of reading posts with nothing more than "I agree" in them, it gets kinda annoying and boring.

We're trying to encourage people to discuss things instead of just boosting their post counts with one or two word posts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 02:49:37 PM »

Thanks!

I'm not an Administrator (just a humble Global Moderator) but I'd like to answer to this post.

First of all thank you for your kind words.

Second, yes sometimes we become strict but we see the same stuff everyday, all day so it has become an everyday thing for us. I 've read the thread you mentioned before you started this thread and Adz was only going by the rules. That's his job as a moderator.

There are many posters here who do this just to pump up their post count. The poster we're talking about might not have had that in mind but if we don't enforce the rules to everyone then everyone will want an exception from the rules and that will bring chaos to the board.

I hope I answered your question...

Best regards,

Christos AG

The 'I concur' poster was me. I apoligize for making a meaningless statement and also want to apoligize for saying the exact same thing again in the same thread as a joke.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: