Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Private Show Tonight - Saint-Tropez, France  (Read 38966 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »

I really like Ron but I do think tweeting that stuff shows a lack of professionalism

Haha I remember years ago when people were so unhappy that they never heard any news or communication from GNR. 

Not saying I agree or disagree with his tweets individually, but I appreciate that SOME ONE is talking with the fans. 
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »

WHO told you life was fair ...... THEY LIED  Tongue

Love that quote!!!!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »

I don't see the problem here really. Ron was just extremely frustrated and maybe he didn't quite think it through before hitting enter but that's all to it.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »

Anyone here ever bitch about their job.....

I thought so. Let it go

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:12 AM »

Mandatory over time sucks, especially when you have other things to do/planned.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »

I don't see the problem here really. Ron was just extremely frustrated and maybe he didn't quite think it through before hitting enter but that's all to it.

I just find it odd that the lead guitarist of the band did not know about a gig until less than they day before it happened, and I guess had no say in whether or not they should do it.

libertad
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »

in the end it sounds like he had a blast....I guess GN'R will be taking the summer off.....At least from the public view, who knows what goes on behind the scenes...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »

I think that is exactly the problem, despite how understandable it is.

Ali
TOS--LOA
Headliner

But I love the swing-set..

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

I guess they would have shown up by now if they existed but man would I love to see some videos of this set.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »

I see a lot of comments about something that people don't know a while lot about.

The truth is, everyone found out about the surprise show later than regular gigs, hence the term surprise gig.  Smiley

We all flew from Valencia to Nice, and from Nice to Palma, in awesome private jets. Thanks to management, there were no commercial flights for Axl, management, the band or the crew getting to/from this gig.

Yes, it was three shows in three nights. Nobody's debating that. But on some tours that's the norm. How come nobody mentions how hard that must be for Axl who has to sing three nights in a row?

I didn't see anybody being forced to go to Saint-Tropez. If it was impossible to do the gig, we wouldn't have done it. Simple as that.

Crew gets treated bad? How do you know?

One surprise gig that we didn't know about months in advance and some not so awesome hotels because that's all they have available in those places, but that's out of management's hands.

Considering the limitations, regarding time, limited amount of gear and so on, it's amazing this gig happened and it's proof that GN'R can pull this off. Band, management and crew. And the gig was amazing. Are you kidding me? GN'R on a small stage playing plugged in outdoors. What fan wouldn't enjoy that?

I sure did!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »

Just posted on gunsnroses.com - I need to make time to post and read htgth/gunsnroses.com for what's what in the gnr world.   Sorry about that - My message responded to someone saying that "people" are reading too much into bumble's crew comment. 

-

I too believe that a lot is being made of a simple heat of the moment venting session.  We were all tired, but we too were also happy to embark on a private show to St. Tropez.  To suggest that we (GNR) would think less of the crew, and/or put them in harm's way, or exhaustion; is mistaken.  And anyone in the crew can vouch for what I am saying.

We chartered 6 planes back and forth, in which allowed band and crew to travel with ease and not what might be lead to believe by some, after reading Bumble's tweet.  The show in St. Tropez, was by far the easiest gig to date, for our band and crew.   Even Izzy was there! 

Just really bums me out that Bumble wrote something to suggest we didn't care about our crew.  We are a family away from our homes which have been together for some more than 10 years and respect one another.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:57 AM »

Can you say who got married?  Young couple? I'm kind of surprised the couple didn't make some sort of announcement about it. Any famous faces in the crowd? Was Bryan Adams hanging out to watch GNR?

If GNR weren't on the road and had been on break, would they still have taken the gig, or was it just convenient because it wasn't too out of the way for them?

Did you get to enjoy St Tropez, or just no time?

Also, why was the setlist so heavy on Appetite, was that the bridge or groom's decision or Axl's?

As far as what Bumblefoot Tweeted, you saw him every day and knew what he was going through, I guess his wife, more so. I read there was a physical therapist on the road, was that for the band, just for Axl, or for Bumble?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »

If GNR weren't on the road and had been on break, would they still have taken the gig, or was it just convenient because it wasn't too out of the way for them?

Without knowing all the details, I doubt the band would've flown from the USA to Europe for that show alone.

But now it happened to be an hour's flight away.

Not different to the surprise shows in New York City, London, Moscow or Paris.

Did you get to enjoy St Tropez, or just no time?

The show happened early Sunday and there was a show late Sunday evening in Mallorca. So no time.

Also, why was the setlist so heavy on Appetite, was that the bridge or groom's decision or Axl's?

I believe it was a band decision.

It was a stripped down show.

As far as what Bumblefoot Tweeted, you saw him every day and knew what he was going through, I guess his wife, more so. I read there was a physical therapist on the road, was that for the band, just for Axl, or for Bumble?

Many people were injured during the tour.

Not just band members. It happens.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »

Yes, it was three shows in three nights. Nobody's debating that. But on some tours that's the norm. How come nobody mentions how hard that must be for Axl who has to sing three nights in a row?

/jarmo

And than he had like what? 21 hours of to do some sleeping, relaxing and walking around?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »

What are you talking about?

/jarmo

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »

The band pulled off an amazing tour. Hopefully they all get some much deserved rest !

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

What are you talking about?

/jarmo

Let's asume that GNR do 3 hour shows. Since 1 day contains 24 hours than Axl had 21 hours of (24 hours a day - 3 hour show) to relax himself and give his throat some rest. There are people who have to work much harder than that.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »

No matter how the crew (and band members for that matter) traveled, they were working a lot, carrying a lot of weight I suppose and working non stop and not letting your body rest properly is dangerous and this is not an opinion. Ron also said that the show was fun as fuck but the way they got to know that they would play a private gig was not good. Ron needs to rest more than others so if GnR is a family he should be a part of it - all family members should agree on doing what they want to do, not on what only the father wants to do. If one family members is hurt and must do a show that he wasnt aware of, well, that is disrespectful. I would feel disrespected, I dont know about him. I would be pissed if I saw several people working nonstop when they were meant to be resting.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »

^Great post Bruno^  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2012, 01:54:23 PM »

Lots of IFs in your post.

but the way they got to know that they would play a private gig was not good.

Everybody found out the same way. But people reacted differently.

Not everybody was tweeting about it.....

Also, what do you know about how we found out?

Ron needs to rest more than others

Excuse me?

Explain yourself.

If one family members is hurt and must do a show that he wasnt aware of, well, that is disrespectful.

NOBODY was aware of the surprise shows when the tour was booked!

You're simplifying things.

Ron wasn't the only one who had issues regarding his health on this tour. Remember?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:58:39 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: