Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN  (Read 245192 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #780 on: May 05, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »

I know Robin is still officially in the band

Which band is he officially in, according to you?

Hint: It's not GN'R.

On the other hand, he's part of GN'R history and he's part of the group of people who made the album.

/jarmo
My bad.  I know he's in NIN, but I didnt know he was completely out of the band.  I guess I was hoping that he would come back around at some point.  looking at the song credits on chinez, he plays on all 14 songs i think, and has about 6 or 7 solo's. people like continuity in bands, and I'm just disappointed that the guitarist who played arguably the largest role on the album, and is a big part of their sound and identity on the album, doesnt want to be in the band. 
wouldn't u say bucket played a bigger part on the album?
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #781 on: May 05, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

I think, deep down, the real problem is : the link with Motley Crue.

It has repercussions on his playing, his style and his looks, probably his IQ too, but I wont get ahead of myself.

bwhhahahahahahah.

Oh man, I get a little pissed sometimes on this board watching the back and forth even when I'm a part of it. But every once in a while you catch a gem like this. That's awesome. totally awesome. Fucking Motley Crue.

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #782 on: May 05, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Image is important but it's not everything. But more than the image, it's the attitude that really matters.
Guys like Slash, Fortus, Izzy, Gilby all have (or had) a kick ass Rock n' Roll attitude. You know, they are/were Rockstars. You are Rock n' Roll or you are not, it's in your blood.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #783 on: May 05, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

dont`t you remember this look???  love
axl is so sexy in this pic!!!!   Smiley
and we all love him

after this ... there is nothing else to say !!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #784 on: May 05, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »

alright,
jarmo it's time to close down htgth, appearantly there's nothing left to say
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #785 on: May 05, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »

alright,
jarmo it's time to close down htgth, appearantly there's nothing left to say
I was just kidding,   Smiley
I love yours views, and everything you say ..  love
t?s a joke i love all of you  Wink
axlsbrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #786 on: May 05, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »

I know Robin is still officially in the band

Which band is he officially in, according to you?

Hint: It's not GN'R.

On the other hand, he's part of GN'R history and he's part of the group of people who made the album.

/jarmo
My bad.  I know he's in NIN, but I didnt know he was completely out of the band.  I guess I was hoping that he would come back around at some point.  looking at the song credits on chinez, he plays on all 14 songs i think, and has about 6 or 7 solo's. people like continuity in bands, and I'm just disappointed that the guitarist who played arguably the largest role on the album, and is a big part of their sound and identity on the album, doesnt want to be in the band. 
wouldn't u say bucket played a bigger part on the album?

When you look at the work they both did on the album, it's almost even, and they both played the largest roles as guitarists on chinez for sure.  I guess its hard to give one of them the edge, because they are both did such a great job.  Its such a shame they're not in the band anymore. 

Wouldnt it seem like they would want to stay in the band and tour, and show off all of the great work they have done on this album?  that's what is strange to me.  but then again, robin and bucket seem like pretty strange guys, so who knows. 

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #787 on: May 07, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »

After that, there's nothing to say about the look.   yes
there should be nothing shocking for gnr fans, the costume wise.
No bloody dress code.

mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #788 on: May 07, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »

I think a lot of the negative things that have been posted in this thread about Ashba (his look, playing ability, and songwriting) are observational and opinionated............but they may be rooted in the fact that the fans of this band really wish Robin Finck was an active and willing member of GnR.  I know Robin is still officially in the band, but the fact that he is not touring with them raises a lot of red flags.  I'm not a monster Robin Finck fan, but I do know that the guy can play, and that he fits this band almost perfectly with those bluesy solo's and energy in concert. 

I understand why the band had to get a new guitarist, and I agree with the decision.  If Robin does not want to be a part of this tour, the show must go on, and a new guitarist is needed.  I get that.  But I do believe that its going to be hard for ashba to win over fans because Robin was a pefect fit, and we all liked him. 

DJ Ashba or Robin Finck?  What do you guys think?

I like Ashba better than Finck already.  And I don't like Ashba.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #789 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »

I think a lot of the negative things that have been posted in this thread about Ashba (his look, playing ability, and songwriting) are observational and opinionated............but they may be rooted in the fact that the fans of this band really wish Robin Finck was an active and willing member of GnR.  I know Robin is still officially in the band, but the fact that he is not touring with them raises a lot of red flags.  I'm not a monster Robin Finck fan, but I do know that the guy can play, and that he fits this band almost perfectly with those bluesy solo's and energy in concert. 

I understand why the band had to get a new guitarist, and I agree with the decision.  If Robin does not want to be a part of this tour, the show must go on, and a new guitarist is needed.  I get that.  But I do believe that its going to be hard for ashba to win over fans because Robin was a pefect fit, and we all liked him. 

DJ Ashba or Robin Finck?  What do you guys think?

I like Ashba better than Finck already.  And I don't like Ashba.
And you are a fan of this band?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #790 on: May 08, 2009, 09:10:17 AM »

I just hope it doesn't mean the end to Sixx A.M.  What will they call the band then...they'll have to hire another guy whose last name starts with A...or they could go P, and be Sixx P.M.  hihi
But anyway...I like the songwriting team of Sixx, Ashba and Michael > they wrote some good shit.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #791 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »

I just hope it doesn't mean the end to Sixx A.M.  What will they call the band then...they'll have to hire another guy whose last name starts with A...or they could go P, and be Sixx P.M.  hihi
But anyway...I like the songwriting team of Sixx, Ashba and Michael > they wrote some good shit.

Hes still in SixxAM .
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #792 on: May 09, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »

New Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba shows his fans how to customize a Gibson Les Paul

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ArtistsAndEvents/Stories/new-guns-n-roses-508/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #793 on: May 09, 2009, 05:44:51 PM »

That was interesting.  He does this himself?  That is one talented SOB.  I thought I was cool for refinishing my Strat in Krylon Hammertone Gunmetal...DJ's got cat-gut for pete's sake!  Can't wait to hear it.  ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #794 on: May 11, 2009, 10:14:10 PM »

^^Yeah, that's one interesting guitar.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2009, 10:18:55 PM »

great !!!  love
dj is    Musician, guitarist, songwriter, record producer, graphic designer, composer.  Smiley
he owns two corporations, Ashba Media, Inc. which handles the art side of things and Ashbaland, Inc. which handles the music side of things.  Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »

New Guns N? Roses guitarist DJ Ashba shows his fans how to customize a Gibson Les Paul

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ArtistsAndEvents/Stories/new-guns-n-roses-508/

Beyond a terrible looking guitar.  To each his own....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:09 PM »

Beyond a terrible looking guitar.  To each his own....
He could play the banjo for all I care.  As long as it gets things going here.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #798 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »

yea it's how it sounds in GNR that counts.

but really... i think the guitar looks cool. and like it or not there's nothing freakish in his clothing style. neat on both front.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #799 on: May 23, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »

yea it's how it sounds in GNR that counts.

but really... i think the guitar looks cool. and like it or not there's nothing freakish in his clothing style. neat on both front.

I certainly hope that the guitar sounds good in GnR, because I saw a great guitarist last night playing a couple of different classic Les Pauls that sounded great.  Who was that guitarist?  Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Robin Finck.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: