Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor!!!  (Read 16283 times)
Thinizzy
Headliner

"I'm everywhere Focker"- Robert DeNiro

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2004, 01:48:02 PM »

well i hope this is true. but i did not even know ozzy,tony,bill,geezer (blacksabbath) were even rehearsing anymore.

thinizzy

"Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still serve a purpose." -Jim Carrey
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2004, 02:05:22 PM »

if u people believe this i have some swamp land in florida to sell u, its beautiful ! just pm me for details and price

How much for 500 square yards?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2004, 02:10:32 PM »

Bullshit

Axl doesn't even have a full band yet why would he even thinking about shows?

That's as far as we know. He was talking about telling us a release date in a few months so he must be some way to solving the mess after Buckethead's departure.

As to moving Woodstock.... that's a no-brainer. Of course they would move it, and it's very possible it will happen.

As for Rock in Rio III, I believe it's called 'Rock in Rio Lisbon'.

However, I don't think I can be interested in news of a concert over a year from now.

@#$%Muther
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2004, 02:29:54 PM »

As somebody on another forum pointed out, why would Giuliani, the mayor of NYC, have anything to do with an event taking place in upstate NY?

Also, when did the Polic reunite?

And why would the organizers release something like this more than a year before its scheduled?

Its clearly bullshit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2004, 05:15:37 PM »

The only way it could be bullshit is if the email is faked, the hint seems a bit obvious for a special guest though!

I'm sure we could varify this if there is somebody else who gets the official email?!?!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 05:16:58 PM by axl_rose_700 » Logged

That's a hatrick for Doull
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

Don't you think news would've leaked of a Police reunion before they had this show announced? BS! Here's a question, though, are there any major music festivals scheduled in Europe in the late summer/fall of this year? Somehting could happen then, but not likely Tongue

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2004, 06:36:23 PM »

Rock in Rio and Woodstock are brands, they can take place anywhere the promoters see fit. The names are so big that they dont need to make them in the city. Yes I know its a bit retarded to call Rock in Rio in Lisbon but the brand name of Rock in Rio is well known and gives more credibility to the festival, same with Woodstock.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »

2005? thats over a year away.

Also anyone think that the band that plays and you are wishing could be Velvet Revolver?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2004, 07:28:32 PM »

Also anyone think that the band that plays and you are wishing could be Velvet Revolver?

It could definately be VR.
Probably more likely than it being GNR.

They are in fact, most likely, hinting at a VR appearance

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
crazycanadian
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »

Rock in Rio and Woodstock are brands, they can take place anywhere the promoters see fit. The names are so big that they dont need to make them in the city. Yes I know its a bit retarded to call Rock in Rio in Lisbon but the brand name of Rock in Rio is well known and gives more credibility to the festival, same with Woodstock.

Ya i hear ya,And it makes sence why the promotores would whant to go to Toronto,Just look at the crowd there last year when the Rolling Stones and AC/DC did that Benifit Concert there like holly People yes
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2004, 10:11:08 PM »

It could definately be VR.
Probably more likely than it being GNR.
They are in fact, most likely, hinting at a VR appearance
I doubt it, otherwise they would have just listed "Velvet Revolver" with the rest of the bands. You have Linkin Park, Eminem, Eric Clapton, Metallica, etc. Performers of huge magnitude/popularity. The way the advertisement is set up, it's like they're promoting the special guest as the main event. There's no way they do that for Velvet Revolver, but it would be about the hundredth time a big event has been made of "The Return of Guns N' Roses."

Also, there'd be no reason to have Velvet Revolver as a special guest instead of just listing the band. My only possible explanation would be that they think no one will have any clue who Velvet Revolver is, and want to capitialize on the fact that there are two ex-GN'R members in the band. And I don't think anyone in Velvet Revolver would approve of that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2004, 08:05:42 AM »

Woodstock.com USED to be owned by Woodstock LLC (the "owners" of the Woodstock brand).  However, their whois info has changed, dramatically, since I last saw it (a LONG time ago).  I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it would unless the doman name is no longer owned by them.  I'd be leary of this email were I you....

Woodstock LLC should be contacted to see if this is legit.  I know their home offices WERE on Madison Ave in NY, but not sure of the addy and phone number.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 08:10:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2004, 09:26:50 AM »

"Woodstock" 2005 would make no sense anyway, if they were still trying to stay true to the anniversary dates (1994 was the 25th anniversary, '99 the 30th, 2005...the 36th???) I don't think so.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2004, 09:42:49 AM »

"Woodstock" 2005 would make no sense anyway, if they were still trying to stay true to the anniversary dates (1994 was the 25th anniversary, '99 the 30th, 2005...the 36th???) I don't think so.

Thats a good point peace

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2004, 10:44:48 AM »

can we please get a frigin copy of the whole letter...or somethin to prove that this is legit...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2004, 10:47:13 AM »

can we please get a frigin copy of this letter or the whole letter at least or somethin....

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2004, 11:00:40 AM »

this sounds like bullshit

u cant have woodstock in fuckin canada eh, its woodstock cause its in woodstock!

Not true - Woodstock was NOT in Woodstock.  Not even the original Woodstock.  

I wouldn't bet on GNR being there - shit they didn't show up in 1994, so why would they now?

Why don't you just....
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2004, 11:11:35 AM »

Well that's true but it was still meant to be in Woodstock. It only moved because of problems with the site and still took place only 60 miles from Woodstock.

Moving it to Canada would be just another part of the constant comercial crap that we have to suffer, and is a far cry from moving 60 miles cus of unsolvable problems.

@#$%Muther
DemocracyRose
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2004, 11:15:04 AM »

hey democracyrose...do u have a copy of the newsletter or anyhting or can u get one?

Like i wrote, its from Mygnrforum.com. Check it out.... And no, i dont have any letter..
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2004, 11:20:12 AM »

Well that's true but it was still meant to be in Woodstock. It only moved because of problems with the site and still took place only 60 miles from Woodstock.

Moving it to Canada would be just another part of the constant comercial crap that we have to suffer, and is a far cry from moving 60 miles cus of unsolvable problems.

@#$%Muther

Yes, that's true for the original Woodstock.  In 1994, it was at the original site, but then in 1999 it was moved to a totally different place and was very comercialized and total crap.  It was cool in 1994!  ok

Why don't you just....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: